HARDIN @ BUNA.. FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT.... WHO WINS?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest countmein
nothing for seven more days. hardin will have to play the best ball they can play to beat buna. especially after what i saw tonight. indeed improving, but still a long shot. it starts from the top though,

Guest countmein
With better play calling. That offense struggles to move the ball down the field, due to a lack of knowledge and discipline. Special teams gets overlooked, and there are many small mistakes. There's lots of room for improvement. Never take your best athelete off the field is another area I can't understand. It's mind boggling, that the atmosphere is dead. I'm not sure if the mentality has changed, after AP, and EC games or what but this isn't the same team I saw play at the beginning of the year. Maybe I expect to much, i suppose they are okay. Just like to see some changes.

[quote name="countmein" post="684725" timestamp="1256359753"]
With better play calling. That offense struggles to move the ball down the field, due to a lack of knowledge and discipline. Special teams gets overlooked, and there are many small mistakes. There's lots of room for improvement. Never take your best athelete off the field is another area I can't understand. It's mind boggling, that the atmosphere is dead. I'm not sure if the mentality has changed, after AP, and EC games or what but this isn't the same team I saw play at the beginning of the year. Maybe I expect to much, i suppose they are okay. Just like to see some changes.
[/quote]
Here's my take on things, the last two games for Hardin have been blowouts that could have been worse if Haynes wanted it to be. But he won't do that, when he gets a lead or it's obvious the win is inevitable, he changes his game plan and tries some different things. As far as taking your best athlete out, he is still very bothered by that ankle, it's one of those injuries that just won't go away. I agree though, it was kinda dead last night, but I bet next Friday won't be!

Guest countmein
He has the size and atheleticism to be a good threat up the middle, and blocking skills are definitely there. With that being said, he's a Junior and will improve. Hardin's Offense is making some good changes. Just need to be more focused on the small ball, areas that get overlooked too much in 2a ball, and I don't doubt them one bit vs. Buna. It's always fun being the underdog anyway. Good job Hornets.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="HDcats0422" post="684901" timestamp="1256392498"]
I'm gonna say buna based on the buna/ec and Hardin/ec scores, but you seen what Hardin done to them last year when buna came in undefeated(???)
[/quote]

I understand why you would think that, but you perhaps didn't realize, along with many others, EC was no where near full strength when they beat Buna 7-0. IMO, that score is very misleading.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges