Chester vs. High Island/High Island wins 28-12

WOSgrad

Tough hard fought game between two fairly equal teams.  Yet the Cards came out on the better end of the deal.  Prayers go out to the familes of  #'s 88 and 20 from Chester.  It's tough losing two kids (especially seniors) off your football team.  Hope they both have speedy recoveries and are able to get back to sports this year.  And again congrat Cards, now get ready for next week.

What a game it was!! Leli Lupeheke was on fire and scored all 4 touchdowns. We were all so proud of him and the entire Cardinal team. Chester certainly gave our boys a run for their money. The night was both very exciting and very emotional. I'm praying, along with many people from HI, for the two boys from Chester that were injured. When the boys from both sidelines joined in the middle of the field to join arms and pray while the first young man was put on a stretcher, I have to admit I shed a few tears.  :'(  It spoke volumes for the teams in our district. Trash talking before and after a game and fighting it out on the field is one thing, but when it comes down to it...NO ONE wants to see a player hurt. We're wishing both of them a speedy recovery.

GREAT JOB CARDINALS!!! And thank you Chester for making it an exciting game from start to finish - y'all played an awesome game!!!

By the way, does anybody know the names of the 2 injured players?

[quote name="H.I._Cardinals" post="684996" timestamp="1256398662"]
What did the HI fans think of the guys doing the HAKA war dance?  Leli taught the guys and they have really taking a liking to it.
[/quote]

Funny you should ask! I was on you tube looking up Leli's cousin doing the HAKA war dance! Anybody from HI have video of our boys doing it? Please post it if you do. I hope that the Cardinals will continue to pass it on to the newcomers every year. What a way to pump them up!!!

We would like to say how sorry we are that anyone was hurt during this hard fought game. We have put out prayer chains with our Chaplain and churches and are praying for all the young men, their surgeons and doctors, and their families. I was so glad that both teams got together to pray. A speedy recovery to all.

Chester fought until the end. I watched some of the boys who were hurt; they remained on the field in support of their team. What heart the whole team has!

High Island, you played awesome! A very exciting game, still undefeated at home!

Thanks to the coaches and players who asked Leli to share the HAKA with you and HI's Fans.
I have seen a few HAKA's in my day, and the boys did a superb job!

[color=maroon][color=crimson][size=12pt]GO CARDINALS!!!![/size][/color][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder