silsbee vs Hamshire Fannett?/HF WINS!

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan

Each game was hard fought.  Both teams have much to be proud of.  Although nerve wracking, the parity in 21-3A makes for some exciting matches every time the girls hit the floor.

:(  WE HAVE A GOOD COACH.  THE KIDS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO PULL THINGS TOGETHER IN THE END,  SHE CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH. YES WE COULD SPIN STORYS ABOUT WHAT COULDA SHOULDA OR WOULDA BEEN, BUT IT STILL COMES BACK AROUND TO.........THE KIDS HAVE GOT TO WANT IT!!!!

You tell him MOM!  You are right on the money!

Guest tigersvoice

Silsbee could really use Coach Thornton  :'(

And if Coach Thornton were still here with the same record, who would you want then?  The BC Coach?

And if Coach Thornton were still here with the same record, who would you want then?  The BC Coach?

Cheap shot ST4Life.  Coach Leach is an excellent coach.  How about supporting her instead?  Pay attention to the win/loss records in this district... it's a tough one and the  top four teams have traded wins and losses all season.    Your negativity is NOT going to help the Lady Tigers in any way, so how about something positive instead of coach bashing?

Guest ST4life

Cheap shot ST4Life.  Coach Leach is an excellent coach.  How about supporting her instead?  Pay attention to the win/loss records in this district... it's a tough one and the  top four teams have traded wins and losses all season.    Your negativity is NOT going to help the Lady Tigers in any way, so how about something positive instead of coach bashing?

Just calling it like I see it........ ;D

Guest ST4life

Lets take a vote on that shall we.... ::)

[quote name="ST4life" post="682514" timestamp="1256162959"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=61110.msg682018#msg682018 date=1256124791]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=61110.msg681948#msg681948 date=1256097243]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets take a vote on that shall we.... ::)

I repeat.... how about something positive instead?

[/quote]

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="682770" timestamp="1256183041"]
No more coach talk or it will be locked.  The players have to make the plays.
[/quote]

Just a question? What is the difference between criticizing a coach on here or from the stands? I mean if your criticizing a coach from the stands shouldn't you be banned from the gym? Your post gets deleted or a thread gets locked on the internet. What is the difference? I would think it is more personal from the stands. I am not saying I have seen anyone do this from the bleachers. I just see a double standard. I agree the players have to make plays but if they don't the finger is pointed at the coach. Plain and simple.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Gabe" post="683448" timestamp="1256260481"]
bleed, you got that gumbo stirring yet?
[/quote]

Gabe I won't be at the tournament this year. My daughter has a game on Saturday. Sorry man, but I will make sure that everything is taking care of. I hope. But I can promise you it will be good no matter who cooks the food. To be honest the school does most of the cooking. Mrs. Broussard is awesome.  ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="683444" timestamp="1256260369"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=61110.msg682770#msg682770 date=1256183041]
[/quote]

Just a question? What is the difference between criticizing a coach on here or from the stands? I mean if your criticizing a coach from the stands shouldn't you be banned from the gym? Your post gets deleted or a thread gets locked on the internet. What is the difference? I would think it is more personal from the stands. I am not saying I have seen anyone do this from the bleachers. I just see a double standard. I agree the players have to make plays but if they don't the finger is pointed at the coach. Plain and simple.
[/quote]

Because I can control it here and can't control people in the stands. I mean you know who my mother is, I'd like to see someone control her.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="683497" timestamp="1256263338"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=61110.msg683444#msg683444 date=1256260369]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=61110.msg682770#msg682770 date=1256183041]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Because I can control it here and can't control people in the stands. I mean you know who my mother is, I'd like to see someone control her.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? My agenda is about setxsports picking and choosing. By they way the apple does not fall far away from the tree. ;D 3 seconds in the lane. ;D ;D ;D

When is the last time you have gone to a coach and thanked them for the time and effort that they put in their program. Unfortunately, some of you have no idea how many hours are put in coaching and to add with very little pay.  Every once in a while it would be nice for a coach to hear something positive.  When your program is winning the coach gets very little recognition, but let the team lose, and it is all their fault.  Coach Thornton was and still is a good coach, however, because of her health she had to get out of coaching. I am sure the stress of coaching was not good for her health.  I had the opportunity to coach this young lady when she was in high school and she is an outstanding person. You should feel blessed that you have a young coach that was willing to take the program.  Back her up instead of fault finding.    One of the blessings of coaching is seeing young ladies that learned that playing  sports is not always about winning.  It teaches also teaches you life long lessons such as how to overcome obstacles, how to work and come together as a team to reach goals that have been set, how not to give up no matter how hard life becomes or how negative people are.  Hang in there Coach, and always remember you are never going to make everyone happy when you are a coach (winning or losing).

[quote name="coachcb24" post="683579" timestamp="1256271244"]
When is the last time you have gone to a coach and thanked them for the time and effort that they put in their program. Unfortunately, some of you have no idea how many hours are put in coaching and to add with very little pay.  Every once in a while it would be nice for a coach to hear something positive.  When your program is winning the coach gets very little recognition, but let the team lose, and it is all their fault.  
   One of the blessings of coaching is seeing young ladies that learned that playing  sports is not always about winning.  It teaches also teaches you life long lessons such as how to overcome obstacles, how to work and come together as a team to reach goals that have been set, how not to give up no matter how hard life becomes or how negative people are.  Hang in there Coach, and always remember you are never going to make everyone happy when you are a coach (winning or losing).

[/quote]
I couldn't agree more!  As a young coach myself, it is very stressful trying to please everyone.  You just have to realize that you can't!  Countless hours are put into coaching....most people don't even realize that.  There is time spent before school starts in the summer, early mornings, late nights, weekend tournaments and even work done at home.  People want to blame everything on the coach before they even consider anything else.  A coach can only do so much....if your team does not show up mentally to play the game, there is not much you can do as a coach.  A team has to have many attributes to win...ability (talent), determination and most of all HEART.  A coach can only help with the first one and try to encourage the 2'nd one.  You can't coach an athlete to have heart...no matter how hard you try.  A  parent should not be so quick to step in and bash a coach...when most of the time they have no clue what they are even talking about.  Coach Leach, you are doing a fantastic job with your team.  I only coach on the sub-varsity level and I can't even imagine the pressure you face.  Hang in there and keep doing what you do best!  To you parents who think you would be a better coach for your daughter's team...go put you application in and see if you can do better...otherwise put the shut to the up!

[quote name="bleed orange" post="683458" timestamp="1256261237"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=61110.msg683448#msg683448 date=1256260481]
bleed, you got that gumbo stirring yet?
[/quote]

Gabe I won't be at the tournament this year. My daughter has a game on Saturday. Sorry man, but I will make sure that everything is taking care of. I hope. But I can promise you it will be good no matter who cooks the food. To be honest the school does most of the cooking. Mrs. Broussard is awesome.  ;D
[/quote]

So I won't get to see her that weekend either? Man, that hurts

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder