is this s.t.j.f.l. 1st round jr. playoff bracket?

bullett1

Icewater wrote: "dealing with parents which is enough by itself"

R u saying that parents are difficult?  If so, I want to say that you are not talking about me .. I am the quiet one on the sidelines each week yelling in a whisper "go team" and just lightly clapping my hands.

Oh, and BTW: if anyone believes that then I have some beachfront real estate to sell you for real cheap!  :D

I can't say what kind of person Icewater is because even though he knows who I am I have yet to figure out who he is!   :o

As far as playing early in the morning - last year when my son played in round one (I think it was round 1) we had the early game and let me tell you what: you need to thank your stars its NOT in late November / Early December like it was last year because I'm telling you all the blankets and hot chocolate I had that day did not help with the bone chilling weather we all had to indure.  Whew!  That was rough.  And folks, that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! Thank you very much.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look 98, you started rambling and brought critism on yourself. Stick to what really bothers you, thats all I ma saying, when you get off point it sounds like you are crying.

I have coaches and served on board, coaching is a lot easier than taking 6 hours or more a month in meetings.

I think the STJFL and other leagues would love for people to show and show interest, thats how things get better. Look at previous years seeding, I bet you different cities have done it. Why do you think you got screwed?

Hey I like to sleep in on Saturdays, I'd be hacked off too.  The best team should get to sleep the latest, they earned it.  Make the 3 v. 6 game wake up early and roll around in the dew. 

Seriously... this youth football section of SETX sports can get very questionable.  Adults talking hours on end about 9 and 10 year olds playing a game... any talk of getting respect on a message board pertaining to 9 and 10 year olds is ridiculous.  It's a developmental league to teach the fundamentals of blocking and tackling, not a playpen for adults to earn respect.

Hey I like to sleep in on Saturdays, I'd be hacked off too.  The best team should get to sleep the latest, they earned it.  Make the 3 v. 6 game wake up early and roll around in the dew. 

Seriously... this youth football section of SETX sports can get very questionable.  Adults talking hours on end about 9 and 10 year olds playing a game... any talk of getting respect on a message board pertaining to 9 and 10 year olds is ridiculous.  It's a developmental league to teach the fundamentals of blocking and tackling, not a playpen for adults to earn respect.

Thanks for the sensible post Penny. There is no excuse for the #1 seed to be playing at 8am. Anyone who says so is just not really being honest. Not one of the coaches associated with the WO-S Junior White Team would have requested or asked for that time slot. I go on a limb to say there is not a team in the junior division who wants to play at 8am. Junior White will be OK. Not the end of the world.Not going to change the outcome of the game in my opinion. It just doesn't seem to me(and i may be wrong) that everyone went in with the mindset of whats fair to a team that works hard , plays hard and fair, and has proven that they are the #1 seed.

Look 98, you started rambling and brought critism on yourself. Stick to what really bothers you, thats all I ma saying, when you get off point it sounds like you are crying.

I have coaches and served on board, coaching is a lot easier than taking 6 hours or more a month in meetings.

I think the STJFL and other leagues would love for people to show and show interest, thats how things get better. Look at previous years seeding, I bet you different cities have done it. Why do you think you got screwed?

Player66 I'll talk too you'll after the Super Bowl.  ;D Good Luck to all the teams that made the Playoffs. :P

all this talk about the 8am game............although you may not like it, does the other team you play have to get up at 8am as well?  Looks to me like BOTH teams will be at the same advantage/disadvantage.  Does not seem like a big deal. So go out there and do your thing.........may the best team win!

P.S.  I got your message WOS98.......I understand what you said and I agree.....you got some internal issues to work out!

What are going to talk to me about? I expect WOS to be in the superbowl, I expect they will win. So what is there to talk about. And yes if you play basbeall in Houston, #1 seed plays early games against the last seed. I understand baseball is different, but they do that sometimes because the last seed has to get up early as well and more than likely the #1 seed will win regarless of time. Then the #1 seed has a lot of time off.  By the way, Jyhou need to check the schedule the game starts at 8:30 not 8. so its not as bad as you keep saying. check the website and stop whinning.

I also saw some post about going to meetings, good maybe you will understand that board memebers are spending 5 hours trying to screw you. They look at the big picture.

What are going to talk to me about? I expect WOS to be in the superbowl, I expect they will win. So what is there to talk about. And yes if you play basbeall in Houston, #1 seed plays early games against the last seed. I understand baseball is different, but they do that sometimes because the last seed has to get up early as well and more than likely the #1 seed will win regarless of time. Then the #1 seed has a lot of time off.  By the way, Jyhou need to check the schedule the game starts at 8:30 not 8. so its not as bad as you keep saying. check the website and stop whinning.

I also saw some post about going to meetings, good maybe you will understand that board memebers are spending 5 hours trying to screw you. They look at the big picture.

;  ;D ;D ;D ;D :'(

Thanks for the sensible post Penny. There is no excuse for the #1 seed to be playing at 8am. Anyone who says so is just not really being honest. Not one of the coaches associated with the WO-S Junior White Team would have requested or asked for that time slot. I go on a limb to say there is not a team in the junior division who wants to play at 8am. Junior White will be OK. Not the end of the world.Not going to change the outcome of the game in my opinion. It just doesn't seem to me(and i may be wrong) that everyone went in with the mindset of whats fair to a team that works hard , plays hard and fair, and has proven that they are the #1 seed.

You right Stangs 92 we did not go to the meeting with the Junior WOS white team as our top priority.  We never make decisions based on what is best for one team or association, we base it on what is best for the whole league. 

As far as coming to a meeting, feel free.  Although I do ask one thing if all you want to do is whine, cry and complain and not bring any well thought out solutions to what you perceive as problems then please stay home.  Other than that we have and always will listen to a good sensible discussion about anything that will help the league as a whole.

I have stayed quiet in all of this, and yes I am the WOS Junior White Head Coach.  In response to Chippy, yes both teams do have to play at 8:00, so maybe there is not a huge advantage either way.  I think the one thing that upset alot of people (our fans, parents, and coaches) is that we always arrive to the games 1 hour before the game to stretch, warmup, and go over the game plan.  You see, we don't just show up at 7:58 dressed and ready to play.  We are the team traveling (yes, I know only 30 minutes or less, but I will make my point), so we have to leave from Orange at 6:30 am.  That means, we will meet at 6:00 or 6:15 to make sure everyone is there before we pull out at 6:30 sharp.  I am not whinner, that is why I have stayed quiet.  Do I think it is right? NO I don't.  In fact, I do think it was done to inconvenience our team.  I annouced the game time at practice yesterday, and my parents where like "what the h---.  It just doesn't seem fair, but oh well.  We will be there on time, and ready to play, even if I have to have a sleepover at my house, and rent a bus.  In fact, in the end, I may even be happy that I get to start enjoying my Saturday afternoon a little earlier this weekend.  Good Luck to all.  I have said my peace, now I will retire again. 

Big D,

I truly sorry that you feel this was done to inconvenience your team, to make that statement shows how little you know about the STJFL and the people that run the league.  Again I am truly sorry you feel this way.  I hate to think that someone would think that the board of directors would do something like that to inconvenience any team.  I can guarantee that it had nothing to do with your team, but I am sure you will think what you want and I can't change that.  Good luck Saturday.

sounds like the typical youth sports league. nobody shows up at meetings. nobody shows up for maintenance etc. then after decisions are made, they come out of the woodwork griping about how they were screwed over by those decisions. then when they are told when the meetings are/were, they have a reason for not being there. usually it is "i'm at practice 2-3 hrs everyday" i don't have time. they'll tell you how they're "here for the kids". well, there is more to being "here for the kids" than practice and games. the coaches have other details they need to take care of like GOING TO MEETINGS that will affect their team. those aren't "fun" like practice and games, but are part of being a good coach. QUIT WHINING!! DO YOUR JOB!!

Trust me, we are not told when or where the meetings will be held.  We just get info back from the powers to be over our league.  Some people may run their leagues differently, but this is how ours is run, and it always seems that the teams having the most success gets the short end of the stick for some reason (may or may not be true, as I am partial to the situation, but it's just my opinion), or maybe that's just the way the information gets back to us.  We have a me against the world attitude for a reason, because we are under the microscope.  If you attend the meetings, then you know what I'm talking about.  They ride us more than anyone.  I guess, this is what success brings.  Ask our buddies over at Lumberton, what has their recent success brought them.  More scrutiny, and more complaints.  Every week we get complaints about running up the score, when in fact all rules are being followed.  Some people would rather cry and complain, rather than prepare.  Easier, I guess.  If you are not, or have not been involved in WOS league, then you may not understand the full situation.  We get the impression that we are not wanted at the meeting, only board members.  Anyone that has an opinion on this board that does not agree with some others is considered a whiner.  Come on now, I guess we can tell who's on the league board on here.  Quit being so defensive guys.  Every organization is going to be critiqued, and I know that you can not make everyone happy.  But just like any other league, STJFL does have it's problems as well.  Overall, I'm pleased with the league, but to get all defensive like the leageue board has there stuff together and every one with an opinion or a complaint is out of line or whining is insane. 

Trust me, we are not told when or where the meetings will be held.  We just get info back from the powers to be over our league.  Some people may run their leagues differently, but this is how ours is run, and it always seems that the teams having the most success gets the short end of the stick for some reason (may or may not be true, as I am partial to the situation, but it's just my opinion), or maybe that's just the way the information gets back to us.  We have a me against the world attitude for a reason, because we are under the microscope.  If you attend the meetings, then you know what I'm talking about.  They ride us more than anyone.  I guess, this is what success brings.  Ask our buddies over at Lumberton, what has their recent success brought them.  More scrutiny, and more complaints.  Every week we get complaints about running up the score, when in fact all rules are being followed.  Some people would rather cry and complain, rather than prepare.  Easier, I guess.  If you are not, or have not been involved in WOS league, then you may not understand the full situation.  We get the impression that we are not wanted at the meeting, only board members.  Anyone that has an opinion on this board that does not agree with some others is considered a whiner.  Come on now, I guess we can tell who's on the league board on here.  Quit being so defensive guys.  Every organization is going to be critiqued, and I know that you can not make everyone happy.  But just like any other league, STJFL does have it's problems as well.  Overall, I'm pleased with the league, but to get all defensive like the leageue board has there stuff together and every one with an opinion or a complaint is out of line or whining is insane. 

i am not, nor ever have been affiliated with this league. you state that you are not informed when meetings take place, then state that at the meetings you are scrutinized more etc. which one is it? are you at the meetings or not? where are you getting these critiques and complaints? what gives you the impression that you aren't welcome at meetings? it sounds like a bunch of excuses. if i had a problem i would be at every meeting whether i feel i am wanted or not. i'm pretty sure the board isn't going to make changes because some people are whining on a sports blog. be PROactive not REactive...just a suggestion.

Making excuses for what, dude.  I'm only stating my opinion.  We need no excuses.  I could care less what the next obstacle is that the board throws up.  We will roll with the punches and still come out CHAMPIONS!!!!!!  Trust me dude, I am not a YES MAN, so they don't want me at that meeting.  Maybe the board has the same attitude as you do when someone makes a complaint or voice a concern.  Maybe they are just whining.  Be for real.  If you are not one of their YES MEN, you get what you get.  Just like some teams are allowed to get a few kids in overweight, depending on who you are.  But a kid on my team had to remove his tshirts, and socks over a few ounces (humiliating for him).  Then we go play on Saturdays, and every team have 5-6 kids bigger than him.  Then I was told by the league who I can start, because they thought that a kid on my team was the best kid in the league, and he should not be on the second team.  Dude, you don't even know the half.  That's just one example.  It doesn't matter though.  We don't care about the technicalities.  We are teaching football to our kids, and we will let them settle it on the field.  They are 9-10 years old, but they are not blind. 

Making excuses for what, dude.  I'm only stating my opinion.  We need no excuses.  I could care less what the next obstacle is that the board throws up.  We will roll with the punches and still come out CHAMPIONS!!!!!!  Trust me dude, I am not a YES MAN, so they don't want me at that meeting.  Maybe the board has the same attitude as you do when someone makes a complaint or voice a concern.  Maybe they are just whining.  Be for real.  If you are not one of their YES MEN, you get what you get.  Just like some teams are allowed to get a few kids in overweight, depending on who you are.  But a kid on my team had to remove his tshirts, and socks over a few ounces (humiliating for him).  Then we go play on Saturdays, and every team have 5-6 kids bigger than him.  Then I was told by the league who I can start, because they thought that a kid on my team was the best kid in the league, and he should not be on the second team.  Dude, you don't even know the half.  That's just one example.  It doesn't matter though.  We don't care about the technicalities.  We are teaching football to our kids, and we will let them settle it on the field.  They are 9-10 years old, but they are not blind.  

Well said BigD95. And the kid he is talking about is my son. I don't think he's the best back in this league neither does he. All the time he tells me daddy i have to keep working to get better each day. BigD95 the next thing they're going to do for us is pick who they want us to start in our backfield.  If they do it really wouldn't matter. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Our kids and coaching staff know what we have to do the next 3 weeks. Lets just play some football and good luck to all the teams

Making excuses for what, dude.  I'm only stating my opinion.  We need no excuses.  I could care less what the next obstacle is that the board throws up.  We will roll with the punches and still come out CHAMPIONS!!!!!!  Trust me dude, I am not a YES MAN, so they don't want me at that meeting.  Maybe the board has the same attitude as you do when someone makes a complaint or voice a concern.  Maybe they are just whining.  Be for real.  If you are not one of their YES MEN, you get what you get.  Just like some teams are allowed to get a few kids in overweight, depending on who you are.  But a kid on my team had to remove his tshirts, and socks over a few ounces (humiliating for him).  Then we go play on Saturdays, and every team have 5-6 kids bigger than him.  Then I was told by the league who I can start, because they thought that a kid on my team was the best kid in the league, and he should not be on the second team.  Dude, you don't even know the half.  That's just one example.  It doesn't matter though.  We don't care about the technicalities.  We are teaching football to our kids, and we will let them settle it on the field.  They are 9-10 years old, but they are not blind.  

Well said BigD95. And the kid he is talking about is my son. I don't think he's the best back in this league neither does he. All the time he tells me daddy i have to keep working to get better each day. BigD95 the next thing they're going to do for us is pick who they want us to start in our backfield.  If they do it really wouldn't matter. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Our kids and coaching staff know what we have to do the next 3 weeks. Lets just play some football and good luck to all the teams

hmm, I feel your pain.  Last year Gary, Jr. had to do the same thing at Certification and yet, I still heard complaints from the opposing team that he is "too big" to be in his league.  He was humiliated and wouldn't eat for days.

We had the first game last year (JR. Blue) and yes, it was miserable because like all WOS teams, we show up at least an hour, more often earlier then that, for our games.  We had to be at the field at 6:30 and no, it was NOT a local field.  But guys, as you know, we won and everything turned out okay.  I just wanted to say that I do feel your frustration - about the time and the humiliation part.

enjoy your pity party. just don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you if you don't want to do anything about it. if you feel you're being treated differently, you should try to do something about it. there will always be someone coming behind you that find themselves in the same situation. like i said, i'm not affiliated w/ this group, but hearing one side of a story isn't fair to the other side. step up. btw...i was the big boy when i was a kid, and was embarrassed at times, but it never made me quit eating. ;D

Here is the schedule (jr) from this year concerning 8:30am games:

Week 1

8:30 AM NED - WHITE versus OF

week 3

8:30 NED - BLACK versus BMT - GOLD

week 4

8:30 NED - GOLD versus PNG - GREY

week 6

8:30 AM NED BLACK versus VIDOR - WHITE

All of these were played in Nederland. I have not heard orangeField, Beaumont, PNG or Vidor complaining.  BTW, most teams get to the field an hour before game time. We even did it in flag.

Here is the schedule (jr) from this year concerning 8:30am games:

Week 1

8:30 AM NED - WHITE versus OF

week 3

8:30 NED - BLACK versus BMT - GOLD

week 4

8:30 NED - GOLD versus PNG - GREY

week 6

8:30 AM NED BLACK versus VIDOR - WHITE

All of these were played in Nederland. I have not heard orangeField, Beaumont, PNG or Vidor complaining.  BTW, most teams get to the field an hour before game time. We even did it in flag.

Please leave facts out of this discussion... thank you.

..... btw...i was the big boy when i was a kid, and was embarrassed at times, but it never made me quit eating. ;D

Were you 9 years old and playing for the first time ever?  Did you have a learning disability that you struggled with everyday and was embarrassed by it?  Did you stutter when speaking and had a lot of people make fun of you?  Football is his "escape" from all of the above and to be further embarrassed with a room full of people watching him have to disrobe disturbed him.  Not to mention that the 9 year old was 5 ft. 3 inches at the time and just as tall as a few of his coaches!!  

I know you didn't mean anything by your comment because you ended it with a cute little face but I had to mention the above just to try and prove a point.  To put a kid through that just because he was (and I'm not stretching the truth here) 1 pound above the magical number is ridiculous.  When a "normal" child has to do that, they probably laugh at it.  When a child like my Gary, Jr. has to do it, it humiliates them.  I said from the beginning that if he was over he would just not play because I didn't agree with him having to disrobe to make his weight go down.  He chose to do it, without my permission, because he wanted to play very badly (is that correct grammer?  ???).  Playing football boosts his self esteem and makes him feel good about himself.  I love watching him play.  I just don't like the humiliation that he, and others, have to go through in order to play.

Ok; i'm off my soap box.  Hope all is good.  Good luck to all this weekend -- no matter what time you play.  WOS Sr. plays at 7 p.m. Saturday so we are at the other end of that timeline you are talking about. :o

Chippy, where does your post support the fact that the #8 seed should pick what time they get to play the #1 seed.  I just think that we have earned the right to at least get a better time.  Spoonbill, I will not reply to you anymore, because you take one line out of a post and try to make it into what you want it to say, instead of reading the entire post with an open mind, and taking what is said for what it is.  Have a good day.  Like I said, I don't need to go to the meetings.  I will roll with the punches, that will make the ending even sweeter. 

I can't believe all the post are complaining of their times..... We aren't even in the "RIGHT" seed. If anyone has a legit issue it's US, NEDERLAND WHITE -PEEWEE!

I agree with you there.  Totally wrong that they can't follow their own rules & then it is only in the PEEWEE division where they messed up.... Go figure that!!

Chippy, where does your post support the fact that the #8 seed should pick what time they get to play the #1 seed.  I just think that we have earned the right to at least get a better time.  Spoonbill, I will not reply to you anymore, because you take one line out of a post and try to make it into what you want it to say, instead of reading the entire post with an open mind, and taking what is said for what it is.  Have a good day.  Like I said, I don't need to go to the meetings.  I will roll with the punches, that will make the ending even sweeter. 

There are several things from peewee to jr. that are not right.......and I might agree because of your seed, you should pick you time....at the same time, be happy you get to play that day. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder