is this s.t.j.f.l. 1st round jr. playoff bracket?

bullett1

I can't believe all the post are complaining of their times..... We aren't even in the "RIGHT" seed. If anyone has a legit issue it's US, NEDERLAND WHITE -PEEWEE!

I agree with you there.  Totally wrong that they can't follow their own rules & then it is only in the PEEWEE division where they messed up.... Go figure that!!

PEE WEE playoff division is RIGHT

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe all the post are complaining of their times..... We aren't even in the "RIGHT" seed. If anyone has a legit issue it's US, NEDERLAND WHITE -PEEWEE!

I agree with you there.  Totally wrong that they can't follow their own rules & then it is only in the PEEWEE division where they messed up.... Go figure that!!

Explain why you think that...

Explain why you think that...

PNG PURPLE finished 2nd division

PEEWEE/JR RULES:

Wild Card qualifications & tie-breakers will be:

Best overall record

Head to head (if teams played)

Points allowed

Coin toss

All 3 are 4-1 in the Division... PNG-P @5-2 OA & the others @ 7-1 OA puts them 3rd in the division NOT 2nd according to the STJFL rules.... That makes them a wildcard with Vidor-Black for #7 & #8 seeds.

PEEWEE/JR RULES:

Wild Card qualifications & tie-breakers will be:

Best overall record

Head to head (if teams played)

Points allowed

Coin toss

All 3 are 4-1 in the Division... PNG-P @5-2 OA & the others @ 7-1 OA puts them 3rd in the division NOT 2nd according to the STJFL rules.... That makes them a wildcard with Vidor-Black for #7 & #8 seeds.

you lookin at wild card ,but division place comes 1st

Making excuses for what, dude.  I'm only stating my opinion.  We need no excuses.  I could care less what the next obstacle is that the board throws up.  We will roll with the punches and still come out CHAMPIONS!!!!!!  Trust me dude, I am not a YES MAN, so they don't want me at that meeting.  Maybe the board has the same attitude as you do when someone makes a complaint or voice a concern.  Maybe they are just whining.  Be for real.  If you are not one of their YES MEN, you get what you get.  Just like some teams are allowed to get a few kids in overweight, depending on who you are.  But a kid on my team had to remove his tshirts, and socks over a few ounces (humiliating for him).  Then we go play on Saturdays, and every team have 5-6 kids bigger than him.  Then I was told by the league who I can start, because they thought that a kid on my team was the best kid in the league, and he should not be on the second team.  Dude, you don't even know the half.  That's just one example.  It doesn't matter though.  We don't care about the technicalities.  We are teaching football to our kids, and we will let them settle it on the field.  They are 9-10 years old, but they are not blind. 

So you are saying that league officials allow kids to be overwieght? Do you go to all the weight ins?

Making excuses for what, dude.  I'm only stating my opinion.  We need no excuses.  I could care less what the next obstacle is that the board throws up.  We will roll with the punches and still come out CHAMPIONS!!!!!!  Trust me dude, I am not a YES MAN, so they don't want me at that meeting.  Maybe the board has the same attitude as you do when someone makes a complaint or voice a concern.  Maybe they are just whining.  Be for real.  If you are not one of their YES MEN, you get what you get.  Just like some teams are allowed to get a few kids in overweight, depending on who you are.  But a kid on my team had to remove his tshirts, and socks over a few ounces (humiliating for him).  Then we go play on Saturdays, and every team have 5-6 kids bigger than him.  Then I was told by the league who I can start, because they thought that a kid on my team was the best kid in the league, and he should not be on the second team.  Dude, you don't even know the half.  That's just one example.  It doesn't matter though.  We don't care about the technicalities.  We are teaching football to our kids, and we will let them settle it on the field.  They are 9-10 years old, but they are not blind. 

So you are saying that league officials allow kids to be overwieght? Do you go to all the weight ins?

In some cases they aren't necessarily overweight at the weigh-in but could be with-in a week & there are no re-checks (even at playoff time).... I can say that there were alot of PeeWee kids that looked over 90 lbs but maynot have been but it does make you wonder especially when they don't have LO on their helmets as to if they should or did & it came off....

That is just like Report Cards that are suppose to be getting checked for grades... How many actually do it? (Our team didn't) IMO this is just as important and should be done weekly especially prior to playoffs/superbowl (and shouldn't be much effort for students to get weekly & turn-in to the coaches to turn-in to the league).  I also think there should be some sort of re-weigh midway or before playoffs/superbowl but I realize this is easier said than done and not real practical.

I didn't make the comment and as far as I know they don't let overweight kids play but you don't have to go to every weigh in to know. If you go to one weigh in and it's done then that's really all you need to see.

AllSportsMom,

There is no report card check for grades, never has been.  We do check them at the certification to see what school they attend, but that is it.

TD,

I can say that for the eight years that I ran the scale at every certification and I guarantee you no kid every was allowed to certify if they did not make weight.  I would also be willing to bet that since you are not allowed to weigh and certify your own players that it has not happend in the two years that I was gone.  I have seen numerous kids turned away for 1 pound, also I have seen numerous kids strip to their skivies to make weight.  Do kids gain weight after certification, absolutely just part of it.  It would take too much time and manpower to have weigh-ins through out the season.   

[quote name="GoneSouth" post="683547" timestamp="1256267118"]
AllSportsMom,

There is no report card check for grades, never has been.  We do check them at the certification to see what school they attend, but that is it.

TD,

I can say that for the eight years that I ran the scale at every certification and I guarantee you no kid every was allowed to certify if they did not make weight.  I would also be willing to bet that since you are not allowed to weigh and certify your own players that it has not happend in the two years that I was gone.  I have seen numerous kids turned away for 1 pound, also I have seen numerous kids strip to their skivies to make weight.  Do kids gain weight after certification, absolutely just part of it.  It would take too much time and manpower to have weigh-ins through out the season.     
[/quote]

I think you must have gotten my post confused. I never said that they did or didn't. I don't even care either way. Sorry if you took my post any other way. I appreciate all of the hard work and wouldn't criticize what yall do. I just stated that if you attend one weigh in and saw them let one person go then that was enough. the person insinuated that you needed to attend all weigh in's to determine if they let kids slide or not. I just posted that wasn't true.

[quote name="GoneSouth" post="683547" timestamp="1256267118"]
AllSportsMom,

TD,

[/quote]

Gone South,

My bad it wasn't an STJFL rule it was just a Beaumont rule. 

[i]How will the no pass/no play rule be enforced? [/i]
After report cards have been issued, the coach verifies that each player has passing grades. This information will be turned in to WBBIFL. Players shall be suspended from all team activities for a period of one week for any failing grade on the report card effective immediately. The suspended player must provide proof that he has improved the grade within three weeks of the suspension in order to avoid another one week suspension.

Read so many thought it was STJFL. My apologies.

Thats 50% of whats wrong with people on this board. They say things that are inaccurate or they do not know the allthe facts. Then everyone get stirred up and p-od. If gone souht would not have posted to challenge the previous post, would the truth come out????

I wish eveyone that comments on the youth threads would get involved and then you would be careful what you post

I would like to put my two cents worth in about the report card checking suggestion: I disagree with it at all levels.  My oldest son is a baseball player and is looking forward to his first year at the high school level.  He is making very good grades in everything EXCEPT Algebra - he is in fact failing it by 4 points.  I see how much he struggles with this subject.  He attends tutoring and checks the internet for any and all help he can get.  He is freaking out about the "no pass no play rule" because he is doing his best and still struggles. 

My youngest, my Lil Mustang, has a learning disability so he struggles all of the time.  He does what he is supposed to do.  He has overcome a lot in the past two years but he still struggles.  He does his best.  Is it right that he would be punished by taking away the one extra curricular activity that "gets him going" just because his best isn't good enough to get a passing grade?  Its bad enough that he has the bad grades and he feels stuck; but to take away his football would make him feel even worse.

Let the kids play.  You never know WHY the boys/girls are making that failing grade.  It is automatically assumed its because the kid is not trying.  I'm here to tell you that is NOT always the truth!

No pass play for youth players should be handled by the parents. Thats what wrong now, goverment and others want stick their nose in everyones business. And parents should be the ones handling the issues with thier kids, not a league. I agree queen.

Now, would expect that coaches would emphasize good grades and staying out of trouble.

[quote name="player66" post="683867" timestamp="1256317305"]
No pass play for youth players should be handled by the parents. Thats what wrong now, goverment and others want stick their nose in everyones business. And parents should be the ones handling the issues with thier kids, not a league. I agree queen.

Now, would expect that coaches would emphasize good grades and staying out of trouble.
[/quote]

thank you for that support.  Sincerely, Glenda Beach

i think the no pass no play rule is great. it is a tool that can help a parent motivate their children even more to take care of their grades. like you mentioned, there is tutoring etc. available at the schools to help the kids that struggle. some of the coaches actually offer before school help for the kids because the afterschool practices occur at the same time as some tutorials. 95% of the kids in high school extra curricular activities aren't going to get a job or scholarship doing what they do in that activity. they are in school for one thing...to get an education. the extra curricular activity is just what it is named extra outside of the regular curriculum which is their studies. the only problem i have with the rule is that below 70 is now failing. besides that, i like it. as for your child with learning disability, they have classes that help with all kinds of learning disabilities now at all of the high schools. it is not like it was when we were kids. most jr highs have them also. you just need to check with his grade counselor.

[quote name="player66" post="683622" timestamp="1256297452"]
Thats 50% of whats wrong with people on this board. They say things that are inaccurate or they do not know the allthe facts. Then everyone get stirred up and p-od. If gone souht would not have posted to challenge the previous post, would the truth come out????

I wish eveyone that comments on the youth threads would get involved and then you would be careful what you post
[/quote]

The truth is that it is a rule for my son's youth football team that is part of the STJFL. I apologized for thinking that is was a STJFL rule. Wasn't trying to stir the pot or po people with inaccurate info or for not knowing all the facts. I read it prior to the season and read STJFL as well as WBBIFL; therefore, the fact is I knew it was a rule for our team just didn't remember it wasn't a rule for all teams.

Again I apologize.

[quote name="AllSportsMom" post="684113" timestamp="1256335999"]
[quote author=player66 link=topic=61019.msg683622#msg683622 date=1256297452]

[/quote]

The truth is that it is a rule for my son's youth football team that is part of the STJFL. I apologized for thinking that is was a STJFL rule. Wasn't trying to stir the pot or po people with inaccurate info or for not knowing all the facts. I read it prior to the season and read STJFL as well as WBBIFL; therefore, the fact is I knew it was a rule for our team just didn't remember it wasn't a rule for all teams.

Again I apologize.
[/quote]

As far as I'm concerned Allsports mom: all is fine.  Don't fret over it okay?

[quote name="WOS 98" post="684833" timestamp="1256374291"]
As y'all can see....i can't sleep at all... :-\ :-\ I'm more excited about the First Round Of The Playoffs than the kids or ;D.I'm going over my game plan for today. ;) Let's just play some football and i wish everyone good luck. :)
[/quote]

Good luck!  I'll be watching the board for game results all day today.  WOS Sr. plays TONIGHT so we have a long wait!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder