Parents that dont support teams, coaches and refs shouldnt be at the games.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="687476" timestamp="1256646127"]
Bear Bryant, in truth, the parents are the bosses of the coaches because they are the taxpayers of the district that employs the coaches.  I can't think of a superintendent, especially in a smaller district, that wouldn't cave in to griping parents of a losing coach, even if the coach has no talent to work with. 

That said, the yelling at coaches should NOT be done from the stands.  I'm not talking about occasional groans because any coach makes mistakes, and parents do have the right to their opinions.  They just hurt their kids when they act like idiots, and they hurt their kids' attitudes when they constantly gripe in front of the kids.  If parents want a good program, football or any other sport, they need to support the coach as much as possible, give him a chance, and then if he/she is ineffective in building a program, talk to the coach or to the powers that be because that is the parents' right as a taxpayer.
[/quote]LMAO yeah i guess you use that reasoning with a police officer when you get a ticket too? You might pay taxes but if the superintendent has any backbone they will support there staff and take the parents concerns to heart. That kind of mentality is what  has kept LCM's football program in the dark for a long time. Hopefully that will be changing soon.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because people pay taxes does not give them the right to bash the coach.  the "I pay taxes", or "you work in a job in which the public pays" excuse to bash is stupid. [b]Every job is paid by the public[/b]............ If you work in a oil refinery do I have the right to bash you because I buy gas.  "Gas has gone up so you are not doing your job!"
Come on!!!!
My suggestion is support your program.......And don't complain about a problem unless you are willing to correct it....
IF you don't like it, go get an education, work the hours and train under a coach in a district and run your version of
"the right way to coach football"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder