Lamar....What? What? What? What?

UNLV

BISD scoreboard could be among state's largest

By EMILY GUEVARA

October 15, 2009

Posted: October 15, 2009, 4:29 PM CDT 

The Beaumont ISD could soon have one of the largest football scoreboards in the state, if trustees approve its purchase at a board meeting tonight.

The custom-designed scoreboard is 60 feet long and 44 feet tall, said Troy Burns, vice president of sales and marketing for Texas Scoreboard Services. The high resolution video screen alone measures 19-by-32 feet, Burns said by phone.

This is the hidden content, please

If the local businesses are paying for it, like here in PN, then they would be crazy to turn it down!

But how will this effect Lamars chances at a similar board? Will the Exxon Mobils of the world foot the bill for both? You know Walter will be on board (no pun intended) at Lamar. I would think that the board at the BISD complex would be an easy sell for advertisements if they put ads on both sides and face it in the right direction because of it's I-10 location!

Guest coachacola

Lamar is already looking for a company to be the primary sponsor of their scoreboard.  I doubt Lamar would let the local school districts have bigger scoreboards than theirs.  And looking at the webcam, I still think they are putting seats in the endzone as part of the athletic complex.

Lamar is already looking for a company to be the primary sponsor of their scoreboard.  I doubt Lamar would let the local school districts have bigger scoreboards than theirs.  And looking at the webcam, I still think they are putting seats in the endzone as part of the athletic complex.

I haven't heard anything about that, but I did hear the Jimmy Simmons does have architcural drawings of the stadium expanded to 30,000.

Guest coachacola

I haven't heard anything about that, but I did hear the Jimmy Simmons does have architcural drawings of the stadium expanded to 30,000.

The football section of the LU athletic website has a request for qualifications for the scoreboard sponsor.  I remember a few months ago Dr. Simmons was quoted as saying they could easily expand the stadium to 30K in the future.  If he already has the drawings I hope he makes them public.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I pulled into the bank drive-through to cash a check yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why they were closed. About an hour later I realized it was because of Juneteenth. Kind of ticked me off. I just wanted to cash a check. Hope that doesn’t make me racist.🤔
    • Partially true. God is omnipresent and loves us all the same. God is not distant, we are. We are the ones that stray away or outright reject him. It is up to us to turn to him. We must ask and knock.   Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
    • I read much more than I post on here. One strong observation is, the ridicule on this side is a two-way 6 Lane Highway. For all the ridicule you say you receive, just know your absence would probably be missed.
    • I watched all the games too. If you think that offense was high level, it's not really worth discussing with you any longer. Everyone standing around watching one kid shoot 3's, and one other drive to the basket is just plain bad. 
  • Topics