2010 ASA Gold Regional in Beaumont

Mc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got word that Hit Away Gold got First Place in the ASA Gold Regional in Beaumont!They played 3 games WINNING all 3,gaining 21 runs and allowing 0!Way to go Hit Away Gold!Now they are Georgia bound!Good luck girls!Proud mom of #12 Kelsey Young!

I've been rained out before at SK

12 fields in Beaumont (although only 9 were ever used causing the 11PM games); 9(?) at SK

Only 4 fields at SK are worth a crap.  The other 4 or 5 are slow pitch fields that may rival Beaumont fields.

Attempts to level the fields a few years back apparently didn't take. Lots of undulations and the high points of the field were about 6 feet in front of pitching rubbers. Pitchers were really having to cleat shovel early in the games to give them a level spot to land.

As far as Eclipse, haven't seen nor heard of them since the 1st Gold qualifier in Houston.

[quote name="(13)" post="818900" timestamp="1279487014"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=60742.msg818895#msg818895 date=1279485156]

Why would the Cowboys look scary to the Texans????? HAHA
[/quote]

You mean the one winning season in their existence Texans?  Coming to your house.  Texans open this season 2-4, read it here first.  
[/quote]

You mean being afraid of a team that lives in the past that has ONE playoff win since 97. So since their existance Dallas has exactly one more playoff win than Houston. I'll be at the game just like I was there for the very first one when Dallas lost at Houston.

Now (13) I will have to say that I personally think that The College Street Complex is very nice!The city of Beaumont has been doing alot of work out there to improve it.Alot of damage was done the last 2 Hurricanes.I think that it is coming along nicely!There still is some work that needs to be done.I never heard any complaints about the fields when we were playing this weekend.I will say that I do not know anything about fields though.But,I can say this we live in Beaumont,and my daughter plays on Hit Away Gold.We go to Houston weekly for practice at Collins Park Fields,and I do not see anything any different over there.Just my opinion.

I knew I could put some life into this board.  All you have to do is mention (#1) the Cowboys with AggiesAreWe in the audience and (#2) mention the condition of the Beaumont fields.  I just remember the Beaumont fields like playing softball on the beach at Galveston, if you girls have improved them, good for you.

And the guy that likes to "live in the past" when it conveniences him in the 2002 game, how about the 2006 game when it was 34-3.  Now that's funny.

[quote name="MOMMA2" post="818910" timestamp="1279490870"]
Now (13) I will have to say that I personally think that The College Street Complex is very nice!The city of Beaumont has been doing alot of work out there to improve it.Alot of damage was done the last 2 Hurricanes.I think that it is coming along nicely!There still is some work that needs to be done.I never heard any complaints about the fields when we were playing this weekend.I will say that I do not know anything about fields though.But,I can say this we live in Beaumont,and my daughter plays on Hit Away Gold.We go to Houston weekly for practice at Collins Park Fields,and I do not see anything any different over there.Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Are they still punishing Hit Away and putting them on field #5?  Now that they qualified they need to make them part of the SK mafia with the Hawks, Impact and Eclipse.  Let them get on the the bigtime fields 1 through 4. 

MOMMA,  I remember your girl from when she won newcomer of the year in district, I always expected great things from her and wish her the best.  Good luck in Marietta, those people know how to throw a tourney.  Glad they got it away from the concrete jungle of OKC.

[quote name="(13)" post="818919" timestamp="1279493134"]
[quote author=MOMMA2 link=topic=60742.msg818910#msg818910 date=1279490870]
[/quote]

Are they still punishing Hit Away and putting them on field #5?   Now that they qualified they need to make them part of the SK mafia with the Hawks, Impact and Eclipse.  Let them get on the the bigtime fields 1 through 4. 

MOMMA,  I remember your girl from when she won newcomer of the year in district, I always expected great things from her and wish her the best.  Good luck in Marietta, those people know how to throw a tourney.  Glad they got it away from the concrete jungle of OKC.
[/quote]As for being PUNISHED,I have no idea what you are talking about.My daughter is still fairly new to the Hit Away Orginization,she only started playing with them last Fall.And yes my daughter is doing well,Thank You!We are looking forward to going to Georgia.Way to go Hit Away Gold!

[quote name="(13)" post="818915" timestamp="1279492479"]
I knew I could put some life into this board.  All you have to do is mention (#1) the Cowboys with AggiesAreWe in the audience and (#2) mention the condition of the Beaumont fields.  I just remember the Beaumont fields like playing softball on the beach at Galveston, if you girls have improved them, good for you.

And the guy that likes to "live in the past" when it conveniences him in the 2002 game, how about the 2006 game when it was 34-3.  Now that's funny.
[/quote]

I was there for that one too, 6-3 game at the half. I was referring to the last time they played in Houston. Good luck to all the teams heading to nationals.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="818925" timestamp="1279494886"]

I was there for that one too, 6-3 game at the half. I was referring to the last time they played in Houston. Good luck to all the teams heading to nationals.
[/quote]

Games are won or lost in the 2nd half, most often in the 4th quarter.  That means it was 28-0 after halftime??  Wow, way to finish.

Good job Hit Away, 2nd and 3rd place qualifiers?

[quote name="sbparent" post="818933" timestamp="1279497935"]
Hey 13, I think the Eclipse went to Chicago for a showcase event. 
[/quote]

Thank you, one of their's is going to Michigan to play D1 ball.  They always were a one of a kind org.  Looks like the breakaway from ASA has already started for that bunch.

[quote name="sbparent" post="818935" timestamp="1279498332"]
I figure since they were already headed to the Premier that was enough.  I would think it would be hard for teams to be in California one week and then Georgia the next.  Well at least hard on the pocketbook.
[/quote]

On top of the fact they go to the New Jersey tourney and the Boulder, CO exposure.  My Dad used to tell me it costs money to fart through them silk drawers.

[quote name="(13)" post="818931" timestamp="1279496411"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=60742.msg818925#msg818925 date=1279494886]

[/quote]

Games are won or lost in the 2nd half, most often in the 4th quarter.  That means it was 28-0 after halftime??  Wow, way to finish.

Good job Hit Away, 2nd and 3rd place qualifiers?
[/quote]

You're right I completly clueless about football and the Texan are indeed scared of the Cowboys. Why should they even play the game?

[/quote]

Are they still punishing Hit Away and putting them on field #5?   Now that they qualified they need to make them part of the SK mafia with the Hawks, Impact and Eclipse.  Let them get on the the bigtime fields 1 through 4. 

MOMMA,  I remember your girl from when she won newcomer of the year in district, I always expected great things from her and wish her the best.  [b]Good luck in Marietta[/b], those people know how to throw a tourney.  Glad they got it away from the concrete jungle of OKC.
[/quote]

Give yourself plenty of traveling time. It kind of stacks up when going through the battleground. Only one lane each direction. Good Luck and have fun!!!

Guest shake and bake
Travelers had only given up 1 run I believe. They beat someone this morning 1-0. Crush Harrell lost today 1-0 to Lady Stros. Hit like CRAP! I wiould like to say that the UMPS we had in the 1st 2 games were very good although 1 had a MOHAWK he was still very good behind the plate. The 1 today SUCKED for both teams. Rob from the Stros went and cleaned the plate off for him after he called a strike that my daughter who was catching had to dive for and dig out of the dirt. He did that several times against both teams. He also took about 3 minutes off our game and we had 2 outs in the 5th trying to get another at bat. Crush H scored 13 runs and gave up 4 for the weekend. Brit Moore and Emily Reed did a good job on the mound and Katye H did a pretty good job in her 1st games back from a broke leg. Sara Ragsdale and Peyton Hughes have really stepped up there game in the last several tournys. Congrats ladies on a good weekend.

Congrats to Hit A Way and the other qualifiers from Bmt. Good luck in GA.

Thanks to all on behalf of the Hit Away Gold girls!I know that the team is very excited on going to Gold Nationals in Georgia.I just wanted people here in SETX to know that there are four local girls that play on Hit Away Gold.They are Rebekah Flores from Lumberton,Caitlynn Dykes from Port Neches,Molly Randle from Beaumont and also Kelsey Young from Beaumont.We are very proud of the girls!

[/quote]

[/quote]

HitAway LEASES that field out right and owns the time spent on it.  You can read their sign from the parking lot.  They lease it to the SK people for the big tournaments there.  So, it's not a punishment, I guess, just control of sorts.

[quote name="Mc" post="818899" timestamp="1279486983"]
Games were stopped around 3. I believe they are meeting with the remaining 8 teams now to determine which and how 3 teams are chosen to qualify. Ought to be an interesting meeting!
[/quote]

So...you're saying HitAway and the others received bids by DEFAULT??? ...to GOLD NATIONALS??? That will be interesting to know for sure.  Someone let us in on what was decided by those in charge and how they came up with the winners.  Beaumont seems to always be wet in the most inopportune time for softball. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder