Orangefield vs H-J Predictions?

Guest bleed orange

33 you are loyal to your team. I do appreciate that and you give us credit when credit is due. We do the same. You don't see many OF poster commenting that BC will lose against Silsbee. Really you don't see them posting at all. See like I said many times on here I would love to see BC and OF both go to the playoffs. Man that would be awesome. I will see that someday. Redbird5 and SD2009, you guys have always been negative towards OF. It does not matter if it was a dry field or not, you guys would not pick OF. That's OK. Right now we are concentrating on HJ. One game at a time. I say that because 5 has already mentioned the bayou bowl in a previous thread.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange

and why do you think that?

[/qoute/]

Two words. Jacoby Turner

He is just one player.  There is 10 other guys on the team or should I say 21. ;D

Guest bleed orange

I knew you were gonna say he is just one player. I think OF will win on a wet field. Happy now??

Hey man, I would be happy if OF and BC both made the playoffs. I think it will happen someday. Maybe this year. Prove all the doubters wrong. That would be awesome.

I think it will be a great game....hopefully the weather is good, even though they both play on the same field even if it is wet.  There is something that you guys are missing here!!!!!!  How about the fact that Coach Huckaby is coming back to one of his first jobs.  He was at HJ when I was in school there.  Great coach and a great guy also!!!!  I am sure that he has had this game marked on his schedule since it was released.

Now as far as a prediction............obviously I am going with my Hawks.  HJ has played a tough schedule and it should have had them prepared for district.  OF took Newton to a good game until early in the 4th.  I predict that both teams will come on conservative and then the flood gates will open.  Should be a barn burner!!!

HJ 33

OF 30

33 you are loyal to your team. I do appreciate that and you give us credit when credit is due. We do the same. You don't see many OF poster commenting that BC will lose against Silsbee. Really you don't see them posting at all. See like I said many times on here I would love to see BC and OF both go to the playoffs. Man that would be awesome. I will see that someday. Redbird5 and SD2009, you guys have always been negative towards OF. It does not matter if it was a dry field or not, you guys would not pick OF. That's OK. Right now we are concentrating on HJ. One game at a time. I say that because 5 has already mentioned the bayou bowl in a previous thread.

When have I ever said anything negative towards OF? i would love to see bc and of go to the playoffs and cannot wait till the bayou bowl! i have only been negative towards HJ because they dont know how to keep their mouths shut :)

Guest bleed orange

I don't see HJ being able to slow down OF.

Ok gabe..... you and bleed on for a gumbo bet?  haha

I can do it. I'm sure bleed has my back  ;)

Sorry I don't do very well with bets. Except at the black jack table. ;D ;D I will say this Orangefield will ?????????? Play a good game and surprise some people.

Guest ECBucFan

EC is a good 2A team.........a team that HJ beat at EC 41-30!!!

HJ certainly won the game, but you would have to be blind to think EC didn't dominate HJ everywhere except the scoreboard. EC basically doubled HJ in most areas (1st downs, etc.). No offense to HJ, but OF played EC much, much tougher. Thats my honest opinion.

Guest ECBucFan

I am just commenting on the topic at hand. I think my point is clear, OF played better against EC than HJ did, although the final scores don't reflect this. Just like everyone else I am voicing an opinion. I look for a solid win by OF, but hey, I could certainly be wrong. Sorry my input is bothering you. This is the last I will comment for now regarding HJ-OF. 

Not bothering me...........just trying to figure out how you figure a team played better against you that you beat than a team that you lost to? :D :D :D

I would rather you just say that I don't like HJ as much and want them to lose.......I would have accepted that!!! ;D ;D ;D

Guest ECBucFan

Not bothering me...........just trying to figure out how you figure a team played better against you that you beat than a team that you lost to? :D :D :D

I would rather you just say that I don't like HJ as much and want them to lose.......I would have accepted that!!! ;D ;D ;D

OK, I know I said I would not post on this again, but I feel a clarification is necessary. Clearly I have expressed myself wrong, and I will try to correctly explain.

Just for the sake of conversation, I had commented on this game due to the fact EC was a common opponent. That's my only reason for doing so. Please believe me when I say I have no vested interest otherwise. Believe it or not, I am 100% neutral in pulling for one team or the other. I can promise you that!

With that said, I believe the scores and outcomes of both against EC were a bit of an aberration. I believe EC outplayed HJ (the stats easily back it up), and I believe OF played EC very tough (and has got even better since). In light of these two perceptions, I picked the way I did. I hope this can be understood.

Again I say, I have NO PREFENCE who wins this. Good luck to both, both are fine schools, and may the best team win (unless its H-J).

HaHa, Just kidding Lazeek!!!  ;D ;D ;D   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83