Kirbyville still the best???????

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

Kirbyville proved to be the best 2-A team in south east Texas last year but who is this year  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Kirbyville proved to be the best 2-A team in south east Texas last year but who is this year

• Anahuac
    • Kirbyville
    • Newton
    • East Chambers
    • Hardin

Guest EagleFan01

I've seen Bennett from Newton take sweeps 96 yards and leave DB's like there just standing still. Ford is fast and we know that but Newton has two or three backs that can do that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I once heard from a great coach..... "To be the man you have to beat the man." and right now Kirbyville is the man!!  Good luck and keep fighting wildcats!!

Says who? Think this year not last!

I am thinking of this year... 2 losses to 2 top rated teams in 3A..  WOS in (OT) and Jasper....

And based on what they did last year....It makes them the man in South East Texas!!!!!

You've wearing your helmet too tight......

Newton better on Nov.6

I've seen Bennett from Newton take sweeps 96 yards and leave DB's like there just standing still. Ford is fast and we know that but Newton has two or three backs that can do that.

Are you kidding me?? As far as speed #11 is the stand out player for Newton, everybody else is average. Don't think Ford is all we got Rhodes and Irvine will be hauling the pig skin as well. Flannagan is a great Qb, but will he have a chance to get that ball of in that spread formation to throw to #12 or #5, we will have to see. I can promise you Kirbyville defense will match up well to everything Newton has on offense.

Guest EagleFan01

you obviously don't know Newton, Bennett is not the only speedster we have on the team that carries the ball. We also have a back #25 Jackson who has some speed but this kid is a bruiser who will hit you before you hit him. So tell the kitty cats to buckle them straps tight because the eagles or coming to reclaim there title. ;D

you obviously don't know Newton, Bennett is not the only speedster we have on the team that carries the ball. We also have a back #25 Jackson who has some speed but this kid is a bruiser who will hit you before you hit him. So tell the kitty cats to buckle them straps tight because the eagles or coming to reclaim there title. ;D

Our D-line will stuff Jackson just like everybody else that tries to run up the middle. To be honest, Barbay might as well come out and try to air it out like he did last year because we gon shut the run down once again. Kirbyville is still a beast and you will find out soon.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

i dont know if that is true or not but i seen for ford take one 97 yards against 3-A H-J and there wasnt a man within 20 yards of him

Guest EagleFan01

i dont know if that is true or not but i seen for ford take one 97 yards against 3-A H-J and there wasnt a man within 20 yards of him

What do you mean you don't know if its true? Look at the film actually it was about 98 yards against 3A Orangefield..... Come by and check it out i'll show you the film.

Should be good game in week ten. I respect Kirbyville for realizing their shortcomings in years past and went out and got a talented coaching staff (key members trained by Newton including head coach) and a former Newton coach in administration that has helped in putting it all together. The highest form of flattery is imitation. Ha, ha, ha.  ;D Just kidding guys, don't go all ballistic.

Guest ~old_wildcat~

IMO Where the Coaches Came From Is Inmaterial...You Know As I Know...You Can Have The Best Talent Around, Coaches With Proven Records,Have A Bad Game And Lose Games..We Have All Seen This Happen...Standings,Stats,State Rankings Are Nice To Have...Unfortunately They Are For What A Team Is supposed To Do NOT What A Team Will Do...You Can Talk About It,Compare Everything From Yardage To Kinfolks,But When It Comes Down To It..It's Did They Do What They Were Supposed To Do.. Good Luck To Both teams..We Will Know For Sure After NOV.6th...

Ahhhh. A nerve exposed. I was just messing with you guys as I said. As Kirbyville found out last year it takes a lot of things to get to the state title game, including luck. I had some kinfolk playing on that team and told them this before the season even began last year. If things were decided on what was supposed to be there would be no need of playing the games. Intangibles as they say have a way of taking what was supposed to be and replacing it with what could have been.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

There not even close to what they had last season... You friend told you a fairy tale buddy

i guess you will have to wait till week 10 and see if it is a fairy tail

The comments are gettin ridiculous. Kirbyville is stacked with just as much athletes as last year, but are younger. I sure hope Anahuac run into the Wildcats, they will learn when you aint played nobody it makes a heck of a difference. Newton is underfeated and only been tested by Silsbee, but I can promise they will have their work cut out for them as well.

The comments are gettin ridiculous. Kirbyville is stacked with just as much athletes as last year, but are younger. I sure hope Anahuac run into the Wildcats, they will learn when you aint played nobody it makes a heck of a difference. Newton is underfeated and only been tested by Silsbee, but I can promise they will have their work cut out for them as well.

I am still amazed how all the talk is centered around Anahuac and Kirbyville meeting in the second round.  Anahuac will have a bye due to district 24-AA not having any football teams.  Kirbyville will be playing the big school out of 21-AA (Corrigan-Camden barring a meltdown) in the first round.  Before there is anymore smack talking about the second round, get out of the first round.  After November 13, (approximately) we will be able to discuss this in further detail.  It is possible that it may be a moot point.  I will state it again, "Corrigan-Camden is NO SLOUCH."

There not even close to what they had last season... You friend told you a fairy tale buddy

Boy, if the players have that same mind set, they will be in for a rude of awakening. Its just a couple of miscues on offense that kept us from being underfeated this year.

Yeah that Bulldog defense is a big miscue, McGill is an intercepting machine.

Guest EagleFan01

Yall have played two good teams so far this season and lost to both of them..... You have won the other 4 games because you were supposed too. The Newton Eagles are undefeated and beat the team that tested them unlike you. Now Corrigan is no slouch and Newton handled them fairly well. Orangefield is a very good and much improved team and Newton defeated them. Orangefield would give Kville all they want just like they came to play Newton a couple of weeks ago. So don't sit there and say Newton hasn't played but one good team. Yeah we prolly shouldn't have beat Silsbee but we did and we made the play at the end to take the lead from them after we turned the ball over 5 or 6 times in that game and we won, unlike you guys who couldn't hold the lead against WOS and lost in OT. Jasper took it to yall and dominated the 2nd half of that game.

as i heard someone say about muleshoe being the best 2a team in the state until someone else takes that title right now kirbyville is nthe best team in this area until another 2a team takes it from  them GET OVER IT!!!  and i guarantee you that newton wouldnt beat silsbee a second time and given a second chance kirbyville would beat wos.

If Kirbyville was still the best they would be 6 - 0.

Enough said!

okay blondie calm down and jj there is a site called eastexsports.com  start walking

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder