Central vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only certain thing for Fri night is that i will need something to do at halftime ohther than watch the CHS band hump the hash marks at halftime. puke

::) ::)  Know you're not going to win the game so you resort to talking noise on our band.  Real cute...  I guess this is your excuse...  We lost because Central's band messed up our children's mind...  Real professional... :o :o

Only certain thing for Fri night is that i will need something to do at halftime ohther than watch the CHS band hump the hash marks at halftime. puke

::) ::)  Know you're not going to win the game so you resort to talking noise on our band.  Real cute...  I guess this is your excuse...  We lost because Central's band messed up our children's mind...  Real professional... :o :o

Soul Man if you guys beat these guy from Lumberton you may never hear the end of it! Wow I have never heard so much noise about how they were robbed. I wonder how you guys are going to set them up? ;D

Lumberton couldn't stop Vidor on the ground... 

???  

I'd say 0 points at the half, and 14 in the game could be classified as stopping them pretty well.

Much better than the 56 Central gave up to them, at least.

BMTSoulja has picked against Lumberton probably 10 games straight now, and outside of Vidor, it hasn't worked out very well for him.  Look for that trend to pick back up on Friday.

Lamar, I'd agree with you on the stopping part, espcecially considering, one touchdown was basically given to them. Remember the ball fumbles on the 20 Veederville? I just hope our kicker moves over 2 more steps, so we don't have 2 missed field goals again.

Soul Man if you guys beat these guy from Lumberton you may never hear the end of it! Wow I have never heard so much noise about how they were robbed. I wonder how you guys are going to set them up? ;D

I'd like to see all these statements, made by Lumberton fans, of how we were robbed? I haven't seen one fan say we were robbed. All I've seen is how we said we had WAY too many penalties, no one has complained about the refs on that, or how our kicker missed two field goals or how we fumbled and made that game changing turnover. I never once saw one L-Town fan say that Vidor played bad, something your own coach said, and yet for some reason PFL you act like we're doing nothing but crying, but I'm seeing it as the other way around, you guys are doing nothing but gloating. You guys still have Livingston and PNG to go, so you might reconsider being so cocky, more than one loss can knock you out of the playoffs, you might keep that in mind.

???  

I'd say 0 points at the half, and 14 in the game could be classified as stopping them pretty well.

BMTSoulja has picked against Lumberton probably 10 games straight now, and outside of Vidor, it hasn't worked out very well for him.  Look for that trend to pick back up on Friday.

Lamar, I'd agree with you on the stopping part, espcecially considering, one touchdown was basically given to them. Remember the ball fumbles on the 20 Veederville? I just hope our kicker moves over 2 more steps, so we don't have 2 missed field goals again.

Hey there oldtimer after we recovered the fumble your defense had the opportunity to stop us from scoring and didn't get it done. Nothing was given.Get over it.

Both Football teams are good.  I would not be completely shocked if Lumberton wins.  However, my money would be on Central.

However, no disrespect to the Lumbertown Band, but that cannot even compare to the entertainment offered by the Central Halftime show.  :)

Both Football teams are good.  I would not be completely shocked if Lumberton wins.  However, my money would be on Central.

However, no disrespect to the Lumbertown Band, but that cannot even compare to the entertainment offered by the Central Halftime show.   :)

That depends on what you call entertainment. 

???  

Hey there oldtimer after we recovered the fumble your defense had the opportunity to stop us from scoring and didn't get it done. Nothing was given.Get over it.

Yeah but your defense didn't block them two missed field goals ...... now did they ....... I see Vidor fans a little COCKY! But they quick to say L-Train fans .......  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Vidor has seemed to have our number lately.  As has Lumberton had Central's. 

Everyone that is using the Central beat Vidor and Vidor beat Lumberton measuring stick for this game, let me remind you that happened last year as well. 

Didn't stop Lumberton from beating Central.

Vidor has seemed to have our number lately.  As has Lumberton had Central's. 

Everyone that is using the Central beat Vidor and Vidor beat Lumberton measuring stick for this game, let me remind you that happened last year as well. 

Didn't stop Lumberton from beating Central.

Your right, LB.  You have always have had reason behind you're posts, no matter how ridiculous they sound. ;D ;)

Last week Lumberton beat themselves.Announcer said 100 yds.penalties in the 1st half,bad snap missed FG chip shot missed left,late FG missed wayyyyy left.Deep drive fumbled a catch in red zone.Raiders have to play better to win this one.I thought I was in the Grand Canyon with the announcer saying"And that's good nuff for anotherrrrrrrr Raider first and the crowd yelled Down".Jag's will have to put pressure on the QB as he can scramble and throw accurate against the grain as good as anybody.I like the Raiders defense but I cannot  say about the Jags as I have not seen.Miscues will determine the winner.

Guest LR1969

Haven't seen the Jags play this year but I did listen to the Vidor game. I did see Vidor/Lumberton.

Lumberton has a good defense and solid offense. They are a well-rounded team. I would say they are as fundamentally sound as they've ever been. Do they have the skill players that they've had the past two years? No. There are some great players on the team (Budro/Hughes, etc.) but the number of skilled players have dwindled. However, fundamentals are strong. Sound football (good tackling, clock management, strong special team play, etc.) can overcome loss of talent. In other words, Lumberton can play with anyone in 20-4A.

As for the Vidor game; Vidor was hungry to beat Lumberton after a heck of a game with Central and they came to play. The Raider defense stopped them most of the night but the Vidor defense stepped up when it needed to. Also, Lumberton made some mistakes that (coupled with the Vidor defense) probably cost them the game. But, that's football. You can't take the win away from Vidor. I always hate to hear someone say "If we hadn't thrown 4 interceptions and fumbled the ball 3 times, we would've won." or "We had too many penalties." Well, more than likely, the opposing defense had something to do with the turnovers and if you don't want penalties then don't make stupid mistakes. In this case, the Vidor "D" rattled the Raiders. As for penalties, both teams had them. In fact, it was two penalties that led to the Raiders only touchdown on the night (two 3rd and long situations where Vidor got the penalty and saved the drive for the Raiders).

Central can put points on the board but Vidor showed that they can do the same when they played Central. It didn't work against Lumberton and I don't think it will work for Central either. This game, to me, comes down to how well the Central defense plays because I don't see the Jags putting 30 on the board Friday night. If Central can stop Lumberton offensively, as Vidor did, they will probably win this game. If they can't stop them, they will probably lose because the Lumberton defense will slow down the Jags. I think the game could go either way but my prediction is:

Lum 21

Central 20

As for 20-4A. I don't see anyone going undefeated. PN-G is the frontrunner right now but they haven't played Central/Vidor/Lumberton, the other three contenders in the district. I see all four of these teams making the playoffs after beating the heck out of each other.

All that said; I could be wrong. I have been before (ha). BmtSoulja can probably attest to that. I didn't give the Jags near enough credit last year and, in they end, they proved me wrong. But, Lumberton did take 'em last year (ha).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83