Central vs. Lumberton Predictions?

The Defense might surprise Central's run game like it did Vidor's. I'm not denying Central's backs. They're definitely going to be a threat, but you also can't deny our Defense that performed far beyond everybody's expectations against the Vidor run game.

The Offense needs a bit of work though. Mostly with the field goals and discipline, because those missed FGs and that endless stream of yellow flags killed us.

I'm not making excuses for the loss to Vidor. It was a great game (excluding the ridiculous amount of penalties) and Vidor fought hard for that W and earned it.

If Lumberton works out the kinks on Offense and the Defense improves as it has been every week then I'm seeing us walk with the W, but by no means will it be without a fight. After all, Central will bring team speed like no other team in this district can.

::)EXCUSSES

they wont work agaist Central either.  The Jags Roll in this one.  Ltrain wont get the home town flag wave offs in this one.  Go JAGS

Only excuses is you saying hometown wave off ..... you feel that your not going to make the playoffs again ...... LOL!

Jags looking like Lumberton making top many mistakes .... L-Train ..... rolls pass JAGs barely!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Central will pull this one out. You won't be able to count on your defense to keep this one close. Against Central, you HAVE to score almost every time you touch the ball. When it comes to Central, speed kills. If their running backs break into the secondary, forget it. It is all over, unless the Jags do something not smart like an illegal block. Because once they hit open field (Daw especially), it is off to the races. And Lumberton's D is a lot like ours. So, like us, they'll have trouble keeping up.

But Central does have a little trouble on defense this year stopping the run. So if the Raiders stick with the run, and score almost every drive in some capacity, could be another scorefest like Central vs. Vidor was. But if Lumberton comes out throwing against those speedy corners? It will be a long night for the Radier faithful and a Central blowout.

Raiders, if you want to keep this close, run the ball. But I still see Central taking this one.

People please drop it with the speed kills quote. Im sure we have a few guys that are just as fast or faster than centrals top guy. We have played the speedy teams before and there are ways to overcome this. I see central and vidor being almost identical teams, and lumberton's D can hold them the same way we did vidor. Will be a really good game coming down to the final seconds I assure you.

Iam sure you dont..But you will find out Friday. Central by 14

Im sure we have a few guys that are just as fast or faster than centrals top guy. We have played the speedy teams before and there are ways to overcome this.

Remember how your boys ran Peevey down from behind? Good.

Now, give Peevey another five steps ahead of your cornerbacks. Got that mental image? Good.

Now you are looking at Daw. Good luck.

Im sure we have a few guys that are just as fast or faster than centrals top guy. We have played the speedy teams before and there are ways to overcome this.

Remember how your boys ran Peevey down from behind? Good.

Now, give Peevey another five steps ahead of your cornerbacks. Got that mental image? Good.

Now you are looking at Daw. Good luck.

Scarey thing is Daw isn't our fastest back.  :o

I say Central will pull this one out. You won't be able to count on your defense to keep this one close. Against Central, you HAVE to score almost every time you touch the ball. When it comes to Central, speed kills. If their running backs break into the secondary, forget it. It is all over, unless the Jags do something not smart like an illegal block. Because once they hit open field (Daw especially), it is off to the races. And Lumberton's D is a lot like ours. So, like us, they'll have trouble keeping up.

But Central does have a little trouble on defense this year stopping the run. So if the Raiders stick with the run, and score almost every drive in some capacity, could be another scorefest like Central vs. Vidor was. But if Lumberton comes out throwing against those speedy corners? It will be a long night for the Radier faithful and a Central blowout.

Raiders, if you want to keep this close, run the ball. But I still see Central taking this one.

People please drop it with the speed kills quote. Im sure we have a few guys that are just as fast or faster than centrals top guy. We have played the speedy teams before and there are ways to overcome this. I see central and vidor being almost identical teams, and lumberton's D can hold them the same way we did vidor. Will be a really good game coming down to the final seconds I assure you.

BO if you do we did not see them. The Central guys are lightning fast! Speed is not the only thing. We were able to equilize it, but you will have to play at the top of your game if you beat them!

I gotta stay with my Raiders, we're gonna take it to Central. We have to make up for falling short against Vidor. Luckily the penalties didn't really hurt us this week, at least not as bad as the fumbled reception or the two missed field goals (always misses to the left). Vidor capitalized and they deserved that win. But don't look for those mistakes to be repeated in Central, L-Town will be chastised and then put back into shape by the coach this week. Unfortunately, District champs will be a tie again this year, noone is going undefeated.

I gotta stay with my Raiders, we're gonna take it to Central. We have to make up for falling short against Vidor. Luckily the penalties didn't really hurt us this week, at least not as bad as the fumbled reception or the two missed field goals (always misses to the left). Vidor capitalized and they deserved that win. But don't look for those mistakes to be repeated in Central, L-Town will be chastised and then put back into shape by the coach this week. Unfortunately, District champs will be a tie again this year, noone is going undefeated.

Not gonna happen.  These Jags are too focused on trying to prove these 'experts' wrong.

Never seen the day when Lumberton would be relying on their speed to win the Game.

I think Central has 3 players faster than K.Keith,So scrtach that idea of beating central with speed.

But anyway, if the Jags want to win the Defense is gone to have to come out like they did aginst LCM and make a statement.I want to see how good this Defense really is with a Smashmouth Team like Lumberton.

Also Offense Has to air it out more when the Oppertunity is their.You cant wait til the Game is on the line and its tight to then relying on the WR if you never throw it to em

if central just minimize the mistakes and play's their game we come out with a W

K.Keith ran Peevy down without even hitting second gear......He will be as fast as any Central player...... :-*

I don't believe any of your players can catch our guys from behind unless you are chasing one of our offensive linemen, and they may smoke you!   :D :D

That smoke was there last year ...... but whoops ........ the flame was put out!  It will be a good game! Like I said the last game  .......  keep your head on a swivel ....... cuz the TRAIN is a COMIN!  Always leaves wreckage behind!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I'm not going to make a prediction about who wins or whatever but I'm sick and tired of hearing about Central's speed. Lumberton has beaten Central the last two years and if I remember correctly Central had plenty of speed on both of those teams also. ie...Derek Hall, Charles Thomas, Jeffrey Thomas, etc. Oh, and #25 Daw was on last years team also. Just check out AB's Junior highlite film from last year and you will find him... #25.

Lets not look past the fact that Central has a faster D than Vidor also. So, I don't see the Lumberton QB extending many plays the way he did against Vidor, scrambling around waiting for someone to get open.

The L-Train will be running down there throats ..... then when you sucker in ....... whoops the bomb will explode!  You let Vidor's speedy receiver(LOL) get by you!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Lets not look past the fact that Central has a faster D than Vidor also. So, I don't see the Lumberton QB extending many plays the way he did against Vidor, scrambling around waiting for someone to get open.

The L-Train will be running down there throats ..... then when you sucker in ....... whoops the bomb will explode!  You let Vidor's speedy receiver(LOL) get by you!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

:D :D  I have to admit.  That was funny.  Even I don't know how that big ol' boy got that open in our secondary...he look like he was rolling on 2 flat tires! 

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

:D :D  I have to admit.  That was funny.  Even I don't know how that big ol' boy got that open in our secondary...he look like he was rolling on 2 flat tires! 

:D

Guest blackflag

Central should be able to score alot on Lumberton. I wouldnt read to much into the Vidor @ Lumberton game because Vidor played a terrible game . Lumberton could be in trouble this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder