Central vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game.  After watching both teams the last two weeks I'd have to say the Jags will be too much for Lumberton.  The two backs for the Jags put on quite a show, and I'm not sure Beard and company can keep up with'em.  Lumberton's offense has a few weapons as well.  Good Luck to both teams.  35-21 Jags.

The Defense might surprise Central's run game like it did Vidor's. I'm not denying Central's backs. They're definitely going to be a threat, but you also can't deny our Defense that performed far beyond everybody's expectations against the Vidor run game.

The Offense needs a bit of work though. Mostly with the field goals and discipline, because those missed FGs and that endless stream of yellow flags killed us.

I'm not making excuses for the loss to Vidor. It was a great game (excluding the ridiculous amount of penalties) and Vidor fought hard for that W and earned it.

If Lumberton works out the kinks on Offense and the Defense improves as it has been every week then I'm seeing us walk with the W, but by no means will it be without a fight. After all, Central will bring team speed like no other team in this district can.

Our running game will definatly be ready for the Lumberton defense.  We're run blocking very well.  I also saw a new formation  from my Jags that went at least 80 yards in 2 plays against LC-M Yesterday.  

I also seen the defense greatly improved from, the Vidor game.  I believe this is the year for  us to take the L-Train.  

I say Central will pull this one out. You won't be able to count on your defense to keep this one close. Against Central, you HAVE to score almost every time you touch the ball. When it comes to Central, speed kills. If their running backs break into the secondary, forget it. It is all over, unless the Jags do something not smart like an illegal block. Because once they hit open field (Daw especially), it is off to the races. And Lumberton's D is a lot like ours. So, like us, they'll have trouble keeping up.

But Central does have a little trouble on defense this year stopping the run. So if the Raiders stick with the run, and score almost every drive in some capacity, could be another scorefest like Central vs. Vidor was. But if Lumberton comes out throwing against those speedy corners? It will be a long night for the Radier faithful and a Central blowout.

Raiders, if you want to keep this close, run the ball. But I still see Central taking this one.

I hate to make a prediction on slugfest like this one.

But my instincts say Central takes the win.

But like Cutlass said, Lumberton, if you want a chance to win, run the ball more (with your hard running backs, not the scrambling QB trying to extend the play waiting for a receiver to get open.)

The Defense might surprise Central's run game like it did Vidor's. I'm not denying Central's backs. They're definitely going to be a threat, but you also can't deny our Defense that performed far beyond everybody's expectations against the Vidor run game.

The Offense needs a bit of work though. Mostly with the field goals and discipline, because those missed FGs and that endless stream of yellow flags killed us.

I'm not making excuses for the loss to Vidor. It was a great game (excluding the ridiculous amount of penalties) and Vidor fought hard for that W and earned it.

If Lumberton works out the kinks on Offense and the Defense improves as it has been every week then I'm seeing us walk with the W, but by no means will it be without a fight. After all, Central will bring team speed like no other team in this district can.

::)EXCUSSES

they wont work agaist Central either.  The Jags Roll in this one.  Ltrain wont get the home town flag wave offs in this one.  Go JAGS

I say Central will pull this one out. You won't be able to count on your defense to keep this one close. Against Central, you HAVE to score almost every time you touch the ball. When it comes to Central, speed kills. If their running backs break into the secondary, forget it. It is all over, unless the Jags do something not smart like an illegal block. Because once they hit open field (Daw especially), it is off to the races. And Lumberton's D is a lot like ours. So, like us, they'll have trouble keeping up.

But Central does have a little trouble on defense this year stopping the run. So if the Raiders stick with the run, and score almost every drive in some capacity, could be another scorefest like Central vs. Vidor was. But if Lumberton comes out throwing against those speedy corners? It will be a long night for the Radier faithful and a Central blowout.

Raiders, if you want to keep this close, run the ball. But I still see Central taking this one.

People please drop it with the speed kills quote. Im sure we have a few guys that are just as fast or faster than centrals top guy. We have played the speedy teams before and there are ways to overcome this. I see central and vidor being almost identical teams, and lumberton's D can hold them the same way we did vidor. Will be a really good game coming down to the final seconds I assure you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder