week 6 STJFL scores

Bridge City Jr 13   Nederland Jr White 8

Really?

Really?  

What I have done on this board to deserve so little credibility?  ;)

Nothin! Just surprised! We played BC already. Play Big Ned White next week. Just surprised, that's all. How far does Big Ned White drop in the power rankings?

Raider44 this is the Top 5 Power Rankings

1. Lumberton Jr. White  ???

2. Wos Jr. White  ;D

3. Wos Jr. Blue :-X

4. Png  Jr. White

5. Vidor Jr. White

This was already my Top 3 (in that order).

Raider...they may fall to the #7 range.  Bridge City has to move ahead of them after the loss.  Still waiting on the last three games to finalize the rankings.  2 of the games scores may really affect the rankings...I watched 3 games today and got to see 3 teams that I had not yet seen this year (film or live).  It was fun.  There are some good (evenly matched) team in the league this year.  But then there is WOS-White and LUM-White.  If those two teams do not match up in the Super Bowl, it will be a Huge Upset....JMHO

Daddy23 i see u next week at your place right. ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...but I saw you today at the Dawg Pound.... :-*

I went help my buddy RB( the Head Coach for B.C) beat Ned. Jr. White today. :-X  Plus i wanted to see what all the buzz about Ned. Jr. White was about. We had an off week to get ready for u guys. ;D

I went help my buddy RB( the Head Coach for B.C) beat Ned. Jr. White today. :-X  Plus i wanted to see what all the buzz about Ned. Jr. White was about. We had an off week to get ready for u guys. ;D

Like you needed it... ;)

It was good meeting you.  Always fun to put a face with the avatar.  I would never (seriously) wish injuries on anyone, but don't let the Flu Bug hit your team this week.  I hear it is going around.   ;D

Like you needed it... ;)

It was good meeting you.  Always fun to put a face with the avatar.  I would never (seriously) wish injuries on anyone, but don't let the Flu Bug hit your team this week.  I hear it is going around.   ;D

It hit us last week we practice only 1 day before we play Ned Jr. Gold. So i think the flu bug is over with for us.

Ned Jr. Gold 18

Vidor Jr Black 14

Very close game that came down to the final second.

Good football from both teams. Good luck the rest of the way Vidor.

Land shark-

Yalls QB could throw the ball pretty well.#1 was fast and #40 ran hard..good job today

Thanks and good job yourself. I had a feeling it was going to be a nailbiter like last year. Both of those kids are first year players. We have a few more first year guys on the team and they are all starting to find out what stjfl is all about. It's great.

I heard Lumberton White Sr lost to BC Sr 14-0, confirmation?????

Confirm B.C. Sr. Team won 7 to 6 over Lumberton Sr. White. BC Jrs and Srs had a big week. Great job guys. ;D

Thanks WOS98 good to have you on the sideline today... Hats off to Ned white Jr. great game today. Time to get ready for WOS Blue should be another battle..

I heard Lumberton White Sr lost to BC Sr 14-0, confirmation?????

Confirm B.C. Sr. Team won 7 to 6 over Lumberton Sr. White. BC Jrs and Srs had a big week. Great job guys. ;D

Thanks WOS98 good to have you on the sideline today... Hats off to Ned white Jr. great game today. Time to get ready for WOS Blue should be another battle..

Anytime Buddy, as long as you're not playing WOS. ;D

Does anyone know who/how it is determined whether teams switch sides at quarter, half or NOT?

Quarter Switch unless coaches agree otherwise....We usually do not switch at quarters in our Jr Games.

Just curious since we started out every quarter for the first few games then just at half but this was the first game that we didn't switch at all.

Each weekend it is amazing the new things that I learn that I thought I already knew. This weekend it was told that they just give warnings for some penalties instead of throwing a flag (i.e.-non-obvious face mask was a warning & only a penalty if it was obvious). A face mask is a face mask regardless of someone's opinion as to obvious or not. There were others that weren't called either but this specific one was discussed.

It is confusing how it is decided when to use all the rules or just some.

Does anyone know who/how it is determined whether teams switch sides at quarter, half or NOT?

Quarter Switch unless coaches agree otherwise....We usually do not switch at quarters in our Jr Games.

Just curious since we started out every quarter for the first few games then just at half but this was the first game that we didn't switch at all.

Each weekend it is amazing the new things that I learn that I thought I already knew. This weekend it was told that they just give warnings for some penalties instead of throwing a flag (i.e.-non-obvious face mask was a warning & only a penalty if it was obvious). A face mask is a face mask regardless of someone's opinion as to obvious or not. There were others that weren't called either but this specific one was discussed.

It is confusing how it is decided when to use all the rules or just some.

Some refs seem to take youth football to teach kids. It is the coaches job to that and should just call the game. But in your case they may have seen hands close to the facemask (on the helmet) and they just warned them.

For as the quaters, they will ask the coaches if it matters to them. If both agree, they leave it to save some time and have to mark the yardline and move the chain gang. Really no big deal on that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics