*Lumberton vs. Livingston/RAIDERS WIN!!

KFDM COOP

The announcer was so bad.  Clock running down the woman is screaming hurry the clock is running.  After 4 quarters of her nail on the chalkboard voice was enough.  Great game by both teams. # 21 is a great back.  Congrats Raiders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Jags Bulldogs and Indians will see when they go there.

Let's see, to begin with, a fax is sent to Lumberton about the fire marshall limiting the number of people, at an open stadium. First attempt to take the L-Town fans out of the game. Second attempt came at just over two minutes left when the same person (I didn't say it was the LIVINGSTON HEAD COACH) talks to the ref who comes over to the Visitors side and tells Coach C. that if the horns aren't stopped immediately Lumberton will receive a penalty, try and take the fans out again by shutting down both horns (truck horn in the stands along with the normal train horn). Unsuccesful again. For those of you listening to the game, if you could hear a horn blowing during the final two minutes, it was one on the Livingston side. Coach, YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE LUMBERTON FANS...........LMAO.  ;D. Oh yeah, I did forget the announcer calling the play to spike the ball and stop the clock unbiased announcing at its' best. Other than that, the Livingston boys did a good job and nearly got us. Tighten up before next week D.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Those of you expecting a weak Livingston team this year will be sadly mistaken once again. I have to admit that I thought Livingston wasn't going to be very good and I think they may actually be even better this year than last year as a team. Their defense is not all that great kinda like last year but their running game is something else. I don't recall a team running like that on Lumberton the last three years besides maybe Waller. I'll say this now...#21 Quinton Jackson is the best back in this district hands down. That dude is fast and very hard to tackle. They also have a couple more with a lot of speed. They will make the playoffs. Every game in this district will be hard fought.

Don't even get me started on the announcer. Backwards.

I have been watching football for over 30 years. A woman announce is like an ice pick in your eye. Its like the easter bunny coming down the chimney at christmas. I really feel sorry for the Livingston Team, Those facilities are horrendous. The field looks like there was a tractor pull there last night.

Let's see, to begin with, a fax is sent to Lumberton about the fire marshall limiting the number of people, at an open stadium. First attempt to take the L-Town fans out of the game. Second attempt came at just over two minutes left when the same person (I didn't say it was the LIVINGSTON HEAD COACH) talks to the ref who comes over to the Visitors side and tells Coach C. that if the horns aren't stopped immediately Lumberton will receive a penalty, try and take the fans out again by shutting down both horns (truck horn in the stands along with the normal train horn). Unsuccesful again. For those of you listening to the game, if you could hear a horn blowing during the final two minutes, it was one on the Livingston side. Coach, YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE LUMBERTON FANS...........LMAO.  ;D. Oh yeah, I did forget the announcer calling the play to spike the ball and stop the clock unbiased announcing at its' best. Other than that, the Livingston boys did a good job and nearly got us. Tighten up before next week D.

Didn't the UIL ban all horns at high school football games and the repercussion would be a penalty.

Alright, I've had a chance to read the posts, drink my coffee and reflect on last night's game in Livingston.  Wow, what a game it was.  I know all the 20-4A games were close, but the Lumb/Liv game probably didn't get the press it should have. First off, Livingston may win the rest of their games, they are that good.  Their biggest problem on offense is their inability to pass, although they have a tremendous running attack, they are one dimensional and in the end probably cost them the game.  They are a lot like Lumberton was last year with their O line and backs.

Now let's talk about the Livingston facilities for a second, cause I know the good folks from PNG and Nederland will visit there this year.  The Livingston people were very friendly, but the facilities were the pits.  The field looked like a goat yard, it was tore up and the grass was all clumpy looking and no grass in the middle.  The play clock operator was either very inexperienced, maybe preoccupied, but very bad.  The refs continually pressed to get the play clock started.  I have no problem with female announcers, ESPN has several good ones, but when you're bad, you're bad!  Her voice could stop a freight train and I was afraid she might stop the L-train by herself.  I remember that scene in Jaws when quint (?) scraped his nails on the chalk board and everyone grabbed their ears, it was about the same with her voice last night.  Irritating.  Maybe that's what they want the visitors to hear, I don't know.

Lumberton played as a team and there were many great individual performances.  I was very proud to be from Lumberton last night.  It's gonna be a tough road ahead as all the remaining games will be very competitive.  To sum it up, we were very fortunate to get out of Livingston with a win and I was very glad to leave that stadium! I hope Livingston will organize and get a booster club to raise money and improve their facilities, maybe they're working on it.  I can tell you if a big visiting crowd goes to Livingston, they will be very disappointed.

I wish someone knew the time of possession for both teams. I know Livingston had the ball more than half of the game and more like closer to 3/4's of the game. Lumberton would get the ball and score quick pretty much keeping our D on the field the majority of the time. I think the raider's D did a great job considering the lions ran, ran, ran, ran and ran some more at us all night long. They had a few long bust, but Q. Jackson isn't that fast when we chased him down every time forcing them to earn their 7 points on the goaline. Although the Lions did play hardball and they do bring it, I think it will be a battle for them to get to the playoffs in 20-4A. Good Luck to both teams.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Alright, I've had a chance to read the posts, drink my coffee and reflect on last night's game in Livingston.  Wow, what a game it was.  I know all the 20-4A games were close, but the Lumb/Liv game probably didn't get the press it should have. First off, Livingston may win the rest of their games, they are that good.  Their biggest problem on offense is their inability to pass, although they have a tremendous running attack, they are one dimensional and in the end probably cost them the game.  They are a lot like Lumberton was last year with their O line and backs.

Now let's talk about the Livingston facilities for a second, cause I know the good folks from PNG and Nederland will visit there this year.  The Livingston people were very friendly, but the facilities were the pits.  The field looked like a goat yard, it was tore up and the grass was all clumpy looking and no grass in the middle.  The play clock operator was either very inexperienced, maybe preoccupied, but very bad.  The refs continually pressed to get the play clock started.  I have no problem with female announcers, ESPN has several good ones, but when you're bad, you're bad!  Her voice could stop a freight train and I was afraid she might stop the L-train by herself.  I remember that scene in Jaws when quint (?) scraped his nails on the chalk board and everyone grabbed their ears, it was about the same with her voice last night.  Irritating.  Maybe that's what they want the visitors to hear, I don't know.

Lumberton played as a team and there were many great individual performances.  I was very proud to be from Lumberton last night.  It's gonna be a tough road ahead as all the remaining games will be very competitive.  To sum it up, we were very fortunate to get out of Livingston with a win and I was very glad to leave that stadium! I hope Livingston will organize and get a booster club to raise money and improve their facilities, maybe they're working on it.  I can tell you if a big visiting crowd goes to Livingston, they will be very disappointed.

Don't forget about the outhouse...I mean bathrooms. Ladies weren't very happy. The announcer was giving the home team tips during the action about what to do. " Hurry up, hurry up, the clock is running". I'm just glad we got out of there with a win and never have to go back.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami