20-4A After Pre-District Predictions...

smitty

OK, let's put on our thinking cap.  After what we all have seen in pre-district, at this point, what do you feel the final district standings will look like?  Here's mine:

Lumberton

Central

PN-G

Vidor or Livingston

Nederland

LC-M

Ozen

Livingston and LC-M are the mysteries for me right now.  They could possibly move up.

If Nederland could get anything going on "D" then they could possibly move up and challenge for a playoff spot.

OK, let's put on our thinking cap.  After what we all have seen in pre-district, at this point, what do you feel the final district standings will look like?  Here's mine:

Lumberton

Central

PN-G

Vidor or Livingston

Nederland

LC-M

Ozen

Livingston and LC-M are the mysteries for me right now.  They could possibly move up.

I think it's going to be a very brutal district race this year. I see it like this

1.Lumberton, Central, PNG tied for first

2.Vidor, Livingston tied for second with the winner of them taking the 4th place.

3.Nederland, LCM, Ozen bringing up the rear but could play spoiler to any of the

above if the above teams get caught looking past them.

Seriously, we can make all kinds of predictions, and everyone pick the team closest to their heart, but when all is said and done it is a very tough district and it's going to be fun watching how it turns out!

I hope this district can put a school in both State Title games--that would really be awesome!1

Good Luck Everyone and best of Health to all players!! ;D

Seriously, we can make all kinds of predictions, and everyone pick the team closest to their heart, but when all is said and done it is a very tough district and it's going to be fun watching how it turns out!

I hope this district can put a school in both State Title games--that would really be awesome!1

Good Luck Everyone and best of Health to all players!! ;D

I agree with that.  Our district IS gonna be tough this year...and I'm glad.  I second the opinion of getting one of our teams in the State Title game.....gonna be tough, though .

This post will be hated.  But Lumberton barely beat a 3A team that Barely lost to a 2A team last night.  Sorry, i just don't think that Newton is one of the best teams in 20-4A, Lumberton is not either.  Newton, I know you are good so don't get me wrong.

Central

Vidor

PNG

NED

Lumberton

LCM

Ozen

Livingston

Back to the old order of the District with Vidor being the wild card, taking NED's spot!

But, on the other hand, Lumberton beat a pretty good Barbers Hill team that PN-G was lucky to beat.  So, as they say, on any given Friday night.  But, it will be interesting.

This post will be hated.  But Lumberton barely beat a 3A team that Barely lost to a 2A team last night.  Sorry, i just don't think that Newton is one of the best teams in 20-4A, Lumberton is not either.  Newton, I know you are good so don't get me wrong.

Central

Vidor

PNG

NED

Lumberton

LCM

Ozen

Livingston

Back to the old order of the District with Vidor being the wild card, taking NED's spot!

Okay now, these are the standing based on this weeks massey ratings doing a team by team match up against the rest of the district

Central                    wins - 7    losses - 0

Vidor                      wins - 6    losses - 1

Livingston                wins - 5    losses - 2

Lumberton              wins - 4    losses - 3

PNG                        wins - 3    losses - 4

Nederland                wins - 2    losses - 5

Ozen                      wins-  1    losses- 6

LCM                        wins - 0    losses - 7 I would like to go on record as saying LCM will have at least TWO district wins.           

Now that being said, my personal prediction is as follows:

Lumberton

Central

Vidor - Could actually flip with Central

Livingston/PNG, winner of match up takes number 4 slot.

1.  Lumberton (they have owned Central for the past two years; Jags have to earn the top spot, they aren't just given it)

2.  Central (see above)

3.  Vidor (this is their year, right?  Unfortunately, I don't know given that they don't play anyone)

4.  PNG (NDNs are back)

5.  Nederland (winner of Mid-County Madness gets the final playoff spot)

6.  Livingston (honestly know nothing about them)

7.  LCM (not enough horses for 20-4A)

8.  Ozen (whatever happened to this program?)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FGFRE
    Newest Member
    FGFRE