Hamshire-Fannett at Huffman/Huffman wins 41-14/Comments

I think that the final is 47-14 but not sure. A HF kid was taken off on a stretcher in the first half so please remember him in your prayers tonight. He had movement in his hand and was talking from what I hear but hopefully he is OK.

I got a question for the Huffman bunch about this one. Huffman is up 28-0 and Falcons do a onside kick or a kick into the ground. What up with that? Why not kick it deep with a lead of that size?  ???

Guest golf_guru

Hey ETBU... Go to college, get a degree then get a head coaching job and you will be able to make decisions like that. I know coach Mac in Huffman and he is very classy. I doubt he had any intentions of onside kicking when the game was already out of control. Quit trying to start stuff. Find something better to do.

Well, i am thinking of going back and getting my degree to become a HC, I bet heck, even without i could do a better job then the HC at HF is doing right now!

Sir, you have obviously have not seen HF play this year, because coaching has nothing to do with the problems they are having this season and anyone that thinks that either has not seen them play or knows nothing about football.

No one go nuts over this, I have a legit question concerning HF.  I've been to several HF games over the last 20 years and those guys always played good football and had the expectation to win.  Now I'm hearing that they do not have a JV.  Again, don't read anything into this but what is going on in HF that has the program limping?

Well, i am thinking of going back and getting my degree to become a HC, I bet heck, even without i could do a better job then the HC at HF is doing right now!

Sir, you have obviously have not seen HF play this year, because coaching has nothing to do with the problems they are having this season and anyone that thinks that either has not seen them play or knows nothing about football.

I have seen them play this year, I am actually an alumni of HF and want nothing more then the school to get back to being a factor in football again!!

Coaching is just not what you see on game night. It is having your team prepared for the game that week. It is inspiring the kids to want to play, and yes, i am talking about the number of kids that have dropped football and other athletics at the school. From what i am told, it starts at the top there!... That all comes down to poor coaching! I know, I know, the coaches do not play the game, the kids are ultimately responsible... Good coaches don't use that cop out line though!

The problems run deep at HF, look at the players that have left over the last few years and are successful in other programs and other sports. There are 5 seniors on the football team,and going to  be 2 on the baseball team.That is a huge problem for a 3A school the size of HF. I would bet Sabine Pass has more seniors with 1/3 of the enrollment. The girls programs thrive and are successful.  This will be hard to turn around if something is not done soon.

That is true,there were several Jr and Sr boys at our game last week. We appreciate them coming to cheer on their neighbors and friends. I am sure all the neighboring Districts like whats going on at HF. If we keep getting the Quality of players from there,that have come already I hope they do business as usual.

Guru, did you ever stop and think about what ETBU stands for. Maybe it stand for a college??? Yes, my friend there are more schools out there other than North Harris CC. I even find it hard to believe that a Falcon parent is supporting a coach in Huffman I guess that must mean your kid play's

Hey ETBU... Go to college, get a degree then get a head coaching job and you will be able to make decisions like that. I know coach Mac in Huffman and he is very classy. I doubt he had any intentions of onside kicking when the game was already out of control. Quit trying to start stuff. Find something better to do.

Thanks for the backup boys but point has been cleared up. Just a question and guru and I visited via p.m. As fard as HF is concerned hate to see them struggle like the have in recent years. Good luck to all. ;D

Shows how much yall pay attention to the game..... it wasn't an onside kick and it wasn't Desi kicking. It was a backup kicker late in the game getting some pt.  >:(

sorry i just assumed it was desi since he does basically every kicking position lol and i was long gone before that happened.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder