Vidor 35 HJ 14 Orange Leader write up

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly game! Wet conditions. Way too many fumbles on both sides. The wet ball was obviously hard to hold on to. Also Pitman tried a few plays but was still too hurt to play and went out very early, after only a few plays. QB looked great, I am not sure how many passes he threw, but I think he completed them all. Also another high point was the addition of Rico. He had a great game. He is a back that runs over people! Kicking game was great tonight! Also went for 2, 2 point conversions made one didn't make the other. Best point of all. PASS DEFENSE LOOKED GREAT!!!!!!! HJ is a good looking team with a very athletic QB! ;D

Heard Vidor played an ugly game. Not an impressive win like I thought they would. You got Central next you have not lined up against anyone like them this season in a game. You will need a better output than tonight. Best of luck.

Well, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.  ;)

But yes, even Mathews said that we didn't come out focused and and did not do a good job of holding onto the ball. The Central scouts came in expecting to see a good ground game. They were not expecting a 43-yard touchdown strike through the air with Dozhier hitting Johnson square between the numbers though. So, they won't be able to just focus on the run now. I like our chances.

See everyone in two weeks!  ;D

Heard Vidor played an ugly game. Not an impressive win like I thought they would. You got Central next you have not lined up against anyone like them this season in a game. You will need a better output than tonight. Best of luck.

Well, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.  ;)

But yes, even Mathews said that we didn't come out focused and and did not do a good job of holding onto the ball. The Central scouts came in expecting to see a good ground game. They were not expecting a 43-yard touchdown strike through the air with Dozhier hitting Johnson square between the numbers though. So, they won't be able to just focus on the run now. I like our chances.

See everyone in two weeks!  ;D

True the passing game is really looking good. Even the kicking game looked good! I JUST THINK THE WET BALL WAS TOUGH TO HOLD!

Vidor runs over Hardin-Jefferson, 35-14

Greg Hayes

The Orange Leader

VIDOR — The scoreboard at Ivan Croak Field read 35-14 in the Pirates favor over the Hardin-Jefferson Hawks after the final whistle Friday, but head coach Jeff Mathews didn’t seem too happy about it.

“We didn’t come out focused at all,†Mathews said. “We were fumbling and not protecting the ball. We are going to work on that this week along with getting to the ball.â€

The latter part of Mathews’ statement was a reference to Hawks’ quarterback Blake Venable practically walking untouched into the end zone for a two-point conversion after running in for an eight-yard score on a first-and-goal play to cap a seven-play, 58-yard drive halfway through the fourth quarter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami