*EC vs. OF....EC Wins/Comments*

Guest ECBucFan

What a game! OF had EC on the ropes when the Cats broke out after trailing EC 14-13 with two quick scores just after the half. The Bucs then fought back with outstanding blocking paving the way for two sustained scoring drives. After turning back an OF drive deep into EC territory with a 4th down stand at the 25, the Bucs then worked their way back down the field, converting a 4th and 4 to go with seconds remaining with a great pitch out that surprised the OF defense. A plunge over the goal line with 20 seconds or so left in the game broke a 28 all tie and gave the Bucs the win! Great effort by all involved, and a great call on the 4th down conversion.  

With Huckaby as OC I figured they would be better on that side of the ball, but I heard the defense is not very good.  Morrison came up through the ranks as a DC and was a pretty good one at that.  DOn't now much about the new guy but Im afraid he's no Morrison and the "D" will have a drop off.

I did not go to the game but it seems to me 28 points the first game of the year after only having a month and a half to incorporate your offense isn't too bad. How many times did OF score 28 points last year? Giving up 35 isn't good...I'll agree with you there...but perhaps things could change.

With Huckaby as OC I figured they would be better on that side of the ball, but I heard the defense is not very good.  Morrison came up through the ranks as a DC and was a pretty good one at that.  DOn't now much about the new guy but Im afraid he's no Morrison and the "D" will have a drop off.

Was a great game, feel like we are better now than when the season ended last year.  Defense played ok in first half, not so great in the second.  Made some great plays on offense had to good chance to tie at the end.  Its a new week and new opponent so let's shake it off and get ready for next week.  Good job Bobcats!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder