Mitch Villemez

Hornet

sounds like pantherplay probably didn't get off the kickoff team either...

Unless you have a crystal ball you don't know what a kid can do once given the chance at the next level.  I speak from experience.. I came out of a small school and wasn't even looked at to play baseball at the next level......but I ended being a 4th round draft pick in 1990 for the San Diego Padres..  Give the kid his due...  He is a solid player and could do well for himself later. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like pantherplay probably didn't get off the kickoff team either...

Unless you have a crystal ball you don't know what a kid can do once given the chance at the next level.  I speak from experience.. I came out of a small school and wasn't even looked at to play baseball at the next level......but I ended being a 4th round draft pick in 1990 for the San Diego Padres..  Give the kid his due...  He is a solid player and could do well for himself later.   

LOL - sounds like I may be the smarter of the two cats!!!!  Bottom line, no MV won't play RB for A&M, but as a safety he would have the size and speed and could play a part in reviving A&M's defense.  MV single-handly couldn't do this by himself - but to be a part of it and being from Hardin(local) sounds cool. 

The best way to look @ MV is to understand that he has more upside than downside, and that being Dayton's red-headed step child hasn't helped Playa'09 at all!!  oops, did i say that?  ;) 8)

Aaron was a good running back but he did do all that against a weak district. I watched villemez run against buna and the kid can run the ball. Not saying Aaron couldn't have ran against the 2a district Hardin was in, but evadale was the only team to have a decent defense and they shut him down. Cook rushed for a ton of yards against the teams he faced, but so did villemez. They are both good backs.

I disagree. CUZ.

Aaron was a good running back but he did do all that against a weak district. I watched villemez run against buna and the kid can run the ball. Not saying Aaron couldn't have ran against the 2a district Hardin was in, but evadale was the only team to have a decent defense and they shut him down. Cook rushed for a ton of yards against the teams he faced, but so did villemez. They are both good backs.

Is Aaron playing college ball? He kinda reminded me of a mini Earl Campbell and Jerome Bettis.

First off, MV isnt going to play at A&M. We can stop making this stuff up.

And no I dont think it would matter if he got off the kickoff team at A&M. Just because hes from Hardin and it would be cool to see a guy from such a small school go play on saturdays on tv! All I'm saying is that were just guessing on all this and waisting our time.

And who cares about you being a fourth round draft pick? I've known acouple of guys at Baytown Sterling that went higher and now work at pipelines 50 hours a week....I know a guy that graduated this year out of Liberty that was getting recruited to play at LSU but decieded to stay her in Texas and go to a better school and not play..

But none of that matters. who cares who I know and who cares if you were a 4th round draft pick..??

and I'm not a Panther. I'm a TEXAN

First off, MV isnt going to play at A&M. We can stop making this stuff up.

And no I dont think it would matter if he got off the kickoff team at A&M. Just because hes from Hardin and it would be cool to see a guy from such a small school go play on saturdays on tv! All I'm saying is that were just guessing on all this and waisting our time.

And who cares about you being a fourth round draft pick? I've known acouple of guys at Baytown Sterling that went higher and now work at pipelines 50 hours a week....I know a guy that graduated this year out of Liberty that was getting recruited to play at LSU but decieded to stay her in Texas and go to a better school and not play..

But none of that matters. who cares who I know and who cares if you were a 4th round draft pick..??

and I'm not a Panther. I'm a TEXAN

Apparently your time is the only time that's being wasted - so be it.  Who knows what will happen to MV, but I'm just baffled as to why you're so negative about this kid's future - wherever that may be?

That was my point as well.  Stop downing the kid.  You have no way of knowing what he will do down the road..  My point on the draft pick issue is I heard from lots of folks just like playa09 when I was a kid and they were wrong and so is he... I am not saying he will play anywhere only that he is a good athlete and shouldn't be addressed in this manner... Go back to the pipeline and be the best you can be playa09

That was my point as well.  Stop downing the kid.  You have no way of knowing what he will do down the road..  My point on the draft pick issue is I heard from lots of folks just like playa09 when I was a kid and they were wrong and so is he... I am not saying he will play anywhere only that he is a good athlete and shouldn't be addressed in this manner... Go back to the pipeline and be the best you can be playa09

I'm in a dorm room right now reading about voting records of southern politicians before the civil war. After this I'm going to my 6pm College Calc class...no pipeline for me.

Anyways, I'm not downing him. I've said multiple positive things about his athletic ability. But I've seen alot of good players go to college and not do any good and some not even play. If we all talk this guy up and then he goes to work at Stallion Oil field services when he graduates we'll all feel stupid. Look at mike goodson at A&M. He passed on USC(where he would have been a first round draft pick this year) to stay at A&M and have a worse carreer than Courtney Lewis...I think we should just let him prove himself.

The sad truth is Mitch could rush for 300 yards a game and have sparks flying out of his helmet every time he touches the ball and he still will have people down play his abilities because he's from Hardin and people around here can't stand to give anything or anybody from Hardin anything. I can't wait to see him on the sidelines at Kyle Field next year!

The sad truth is Mitch could rush for 300 yards a game and have sparks flying out of his helmet every time he touches the ball and he still will have people down play his abilities because he's from Hardin and people around here can't stand to give anything or anybody from Hardin anything. I can't wait to see him on the sidelines at Kyle Field next year!

Maybe he can help A&m actualy win some games lol

Guest baseball25

http://www.texasfootball.com

ATHLETES

THE TOP 20 

Name Ht.-Wt. 40 School

Stanley Harris  6'3, 180  4.6  Schertz-Clemens 

X'Zavious Harrison  6'3, 195  4.6  New Waverly 

James Haynes  6'1, 190  4.4  West Orange-Stark 

Jeremy Johnson  6'1, 180  4.5  Tyler John Tyler 

Kam Jones  6'0, 185  4.5  Edna 

Brent Mitcham  5'9, 180  4.3  Cy Creek 

Dunston Owens  5'10, 170  4.5  Dallas Carter 

Adrian Phillips  5'11, 195  4.5  Garland 

Jordan Taylor  6'5, 200  4.5  Denison 

Brent Walters  6'0, 180  4.4  Willis 

BEST OF THE REST 

Landon Appling  5'10, 175  4.4  El Campo 

Anthony Bryant  6'3, 210  4.4  Pflugerville Connally 

Stephen Bryant  6'5, 215  4.6  New Deal 

Jeremy Chappelle  6'3, 200  4.4  Brook Hill Academy 

Hayden Greenbauer  6'1, 200  4.6  SA Clark 

Bryce Hager  6'1, 205  4.6  Austin Westlake 

Glenn Hill  6'2, 185  4.5  SA Churchill 

Malcome Kennedy  6'0, 200  4.6  Cayuga 

Venric Mark  5'11, 185  4.5  Hou St. Pius X 

Brock Taylor  6'0, 175  4.4  Madisonville 

Mitch Villemez  6'2, 195  4.4  Hardin  

Westin Williams  6'1, 175  4.5  Wellington 

That's not entirely true - but you're somewhat on the right path, just don't get carried away with the sparks.  Let's face it, if Hardin was a state title contender year after year, and if they had a great storied past then there wouldn't be any downplaying at all.  While I am a supporter of MV and hope to see him succeed wherever he may go, it's Hardin's lack of success on the field that creates this quandry - and I mean no disrespect to Hardin by saying that.  He's a big boy @ a small school that only plays small schools - and most athletes at these schools get overlooked or looked over (there's a difference)!  As the team goes, so does Mitch - not the other way around, and until you understand that, you will crash and burn pilot.  Good luck to your Hornets this year and maybe there's a future Aggie in the making.

That's not entirely true - but you're somewhat on the right path, just don't get carried away with the sparks.  Let's face it, if Hardin was a state title contender year after year, and if they had a great storied past then there wouldn't be any downplaying at all.  While I am a supporter of MV and hope to see him succeed wherever he may go, it's Hardin's lack of success on the field that creates this quandry - and I mean no disrespect to Hardin by saying that.  He's a big boy @ a small school that only plays small schools - and most athletes at these schools get overlooked or looked over (there's a difference)!  As the team goes, so does Mitch - not the other way around, and until you understand that, you will crash and burn pilot.  Good luck to your Hornets this year and maybe there's a future Aggie in the making.

thats a good post Good Luck Hardin ;)

• 3 weeks later...

That's not entirely true - but you're somewhat on the right path, just don't get carried away with the sparks.  Let's face it, if Hardin was a state title contender year after year, and if they had a great storied past then there wouldn't be any downplaying at all.  While I am a supporter of MV and hope to see him succeed wherever he may go, it's Hardin's lack of success on the field that creates this quandry - and I mean no disrespect to Hardin by saying that.  He's a big boy @ a small school that only plays small schools - and most athletes at these schools get overlooked or looked over (there's a difference)!  As the team goes, so does Mitch - not the other way around, and until you understand that, you will crash and burn pilot.  Good luck to your Hornets this year and maybe there's a future Aggie in the making.

Um, hello?  Colt McCoy, Jim Ned?  2A school, town less than 800 people? 

Well if we're comparing him to local kids who "could of been" I'll take a crack at it i don't think he can play for a major D1 but he will play college football just compare him to TYLER COPELAND (6'4 215 4.6 end of senior year bench 260) he got looked at by big names but wasn't good enough to play for them so he ended up at SAM HOUSTON which is a D1 but not a major D1 like yall are talking about so NOWAY this kid can play major D1 football

as for "can play many positions" argument Tyler Copeland could play QB, TE, LB, DE, FS that kid knew football and not at major D1

Well if we're comparing him to local kids who "could of been" I'll take a crack at it i don't think he can play for a major D1 but he will play college football just compare him to TYLER COPELAND (6'4 215 4.6 end of senior year bench 260) he got looked at by big names but wasn't good enough to play for them so he ended up at SAM HOUSTON which is a D1 but not a major D1 like yall are talking about so NOWAY this kid can play major D1 football

as for "can play many positions" argument Tyler Copeland could play QB, TE, LB, DE, FS that kid knew football and not at major D1

So your argument is, that if Copeland didn't go major D1 (FBS), that Villamez can't.  Are you serious?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder