Nederland's Neumann Wants Enthusiasm From Bulldogs

I think everyone in Nederland is waiting to see what we have this year before commenting to much. I can't remember a pre-season this quiet in Nederland.

I can tell you what we have for sure... A 3rd year starting QB who can sling it, a stable full of good wideouts, and a very capable running back in Grant Lovelady. Outside of that, I am not sure what to expect!

Lovelady was the back-up for Grogan last year?  About 180 pounds?

Yes. He started at LB for the Dogs last season and played a lot of RB in the playoffs when Grogan was winded or injured.

Hate to lose Lovelady on Defense but people will be suprised when they see this kid run....Very comparable to Grogan....We lost some good lineman so the new ones will have to step up.....Nederlands overall success will depend on its Defense....They gotta come out and bust some heads early and often.......

I can also tell you what we have for sure, A 3rd year QB that is cool as a cucumber, has a hell of a slider, but sometimes throws off his back foot and misses high when he is slinging it around.  "A" proven receiver in Brady and a stable of unproven receivers hopeful of playing at the level of a Brady, or a Cardenas or Butler. An unproven RB that should be very good in this offense, but you never know till u carry the ball full time and see how the running game develops. A defense that everyone is hopeful of getting better, but no one really knows what to expect on defense this year. The only thing I'm sure of is that Coach Neumann will get the most out of this group that he can and I hope it's a DC or at least a playoff spot, we could accomplish both or neither, hows that for riding the fence. The fact that nobody is talking tells me nobody is confident enough to talk, I apologize if my glass seems half empty, it is really half full. Football season is here though and PNG, Lumberton, Vidor, Barbers Hill, Central, LCM, WOS, Silsbee, Bridge City, Hamshire Fannett, Orangefield, Dayton, they are all on here talking  and Nederland, the team with all the support and following is taking the wait and see approach.    Is anyone in Nederland ready for some football.

Till we at least play a scrimmage its hard to tell. We've learned that talk is cheap on the messageboards, but we'll know more after the Jasper game. Offensively well be ok I think, we always have people step up. Defensively let's wait and see. :)

with coach nuemann and his staff you're going to get a team that will compete till the 4th quarter ends. i don't see alot of college recruiters driving down nederland avenue, haven't seen any post office workers with sore backs with too many letters in their pouch.

like someone said earlier, we have a gunslinger with some nice receivers and a kicker, and then a lot of heart.

will see how it unfolds.

Guest Brubaker

Offensively, we don't have a go to receiver like Cardneas,Yoder,Butler... noone falls in that line of pedigree.  We have a deep threat who can get behind you in Brady, but we have no go to possession receiver that is proven who Kirby's gonna look to when it's 3rd and 8 with the game on the line... yet.  I do think Kirby will find that receiver before too long, but that's all in my mind that's missing on offense. 

Defensively, we will be better, question is how much better.  I think we have a true cover guy in Sonnier, and we've got a punisher in Kemp... a solid secondary will enable us to be more aggressive on defense, something we haven't had the opportunity to be without tremendous risk in the past couple of years.  Overall, this team will end up being better than last year, just need to see what kind of results that produces.

Guest Brubaker

He may turn out to be that go to receiver, time will tell, he's been a game breaking deep threat to this point, he can get behind any defense.

I'm sure that B. Spell expects Brady to step up an take over the roll of the Go To WR, but like what's been said, only time will tell.

I think that this district is wide open. There isn't really an odds on favorite this year. Some schools (Ned, Vidor, and Lumb) have a good core of players returning. Others have new coaches and possible new found sense of self.

Should be interesting and I can't wait to see what happens.

I think everyone in Nederland is waiting to see what we have this year before commenting to much. I can't remember a pre-season this quiet in Nederland.

I can tell you what we have for sure... A 3rd year starting QB who can sling it, a stable full of good wideouts, and a very capable running back in Grant Lovelady. Outside of that, I am not sure what to expect!

Also a good group of sophomores.  How many are expected to be on varsity?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder