Three Local Adidas Jr. basketball Phenoms!

Congratulations to 3 Local Adidas Jr. Phenoms!

Three local (Golden Triangle) middle school students recently attended the elite invitation only Adidas Jr. Phenom Basketball Camp in San Diego, CA.  All three boys competed against the top 100 players in 6th, 7th, & 8th grade divisions.  Each young man was chosen for the final All-star team and received National Rankings from HOOPSCOOP, INC. ranking agency.

Jared Hunter 8th grade: Received All Defensive Team, Best Sportsmanship Award, All-star team member-8th grd. div.

Rankings:  8th overall and 2nd Point Guard Position

Jordan Hunter 7th grade: Received Allstar team member-7th grade div.

Rankings:  16th overall and 4th Second Guard Position

Nijal Pearson 6th grade:  Received Allstar Team Member 6th grade div.

Rankings:  8th overall and 4th Center Position  

All three boys participate in AAU Sports for the GulfCoast Blue Chips, INC.  basketball organization in the Greater Houston Area.  Congratulations guys for a job well done!

not to take anything away from these accomplishments, but what purpose does a national ranking for 6th graders serve?  I have been out of the aau scene for a while....

Well, great question.  I am not sure if I have a sufficient answer but I will try. A lot of "ranking" is hype esp for a 6th grader.  However, I have been following players like J.Mike Reese who is now a 10th grader who started varsity at 9th grade who is a front runner from early on for major d1 recruitment.  J.Mike has been ranked since was a sixth grader by the adidas camp and other ranking agencies, and he is well known....just google him. Believe it or not recruiters and scouts are following players from early on...above average players of course..your avg player will prob not get a ranking. So, for above avg players it is a great exposure tool. Believe me someone is paying for the subscription to the ranking agencies. I feel by ninth or tenth grade you want your name out there so that when you coach sends your dvd to some college coach, you want them to at least have heard of your name or your dvd will just get stacked in the corner with all the other unknown named players dvd's that the college coach has received.

Secondly, for the ranked player...just the confidence boost one gets from being marked as a top player nationally is a very positive experience, if the whole phenomenon is channeled correctly by the parents.  So, really most of "ranking" is hype but I can say that if you are a parent or a player who is ranked nationally..no matter what...it makes you proud and it is something to build on.  One day you should attend a national camp and pretty quickly without asking, you will know who the ranked players are..even though it is hype. Oh and lastly, ranking has nothing to do with AAU. You obtain rankings from national camps. Hope I helped.

Guest spinks

Three local (Golden Triangle) middle school students recently attended the elite invitation only Adidas Jr. Phenom Basketball Camp in San Diego, CA.  All three boys competed against the top 100 players in 6th, 7th, & 8th grade divisions.  Each young man was chosen for the final All-star team and received National Rankings from HOOPSCOOP, INC. ranking agency.

Jared Hunter 8th grade: Received All Defensive Team, Best Sportsmanship Award, All-star team member-8th grd. div.

All three boys participate in AAU Sports for the GulfCoast Blue Chips, INC.  basketball organization in the Greater Houston Area.  Congratulations guys for a job well done!

May I ask where these 3 young men are scheduled to attend high school?

The two Hunter kids are attending Hamshire-Fannett Middle school, so they are scheduled to attend Hamshire-Fannett High school.

Pearson is scheduled to attend Ozen.

Guest spinks

The two Hunter kids are attending Hamshire-Fannett Middle school, so they are scheduled to attend Hamshire-Fannett High school.

Impressive.

Impressive.

It's in the works for Silsbee to land those two Hunter kids. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33