Mosley the Machine

bronco1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait till Nedrerland play a real team like Central!! I bet he wont rack up as many yards' date=' looks like he cant do everything by himself![/quote']

Is that what you said about Sterling? Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for Central and still think they are the team to beat in 22-4A, but don't act like they are the end all be all when they just got whooped themselves.

Mosley has done this against excellent competition with the exception of Forest Brook. LM and Waller are both very solid teams, which makes what Micah has done all the more impressive. Anyone who thinks he is not the real deal will be in for a rude awakening.

Wait till Nedrerland play a real team like Central!! I bet he wont rack up as many yards' date=' looks like he cant do everything by himself![/quote']

He didn't get a chance last year against Central, but as a soph. he ran for 138 yards on 14 carries and 1 reception for 30 yard TD. I know Central wasn't very good that year though.

Guest GoStangs

I think now if Mosely stays healthy they'll win district.

There is more to winning district than having Mosley. He'll definitely be an asset in their quest to get the crown, but the other teams are still pretty good. Even with Mosley, the Dogs are 1-2 right now, and they're going to be playing some solid teams in 22-4A. Nothing is a given for any team.

Guest GoStangs

That doesn't mean anything other than they can't lose to them twice in ten games.... ;)

The point is they are not invincible with Mosley, and they will face some tough teams -- Mosley is a great player, make no mistake about it, but NED isn't guaranteed anything in this district simply because they have him in the backfield.

Lumberton talks about their success from the Pop Warner level up to High School, which is a good thing in my book, confidence brings success. The same goes for this offensive line of Nederland, they have been blocking as a unit with Micah running behind them since the 7th grade. They are the best UNIT in district. They may not have D1 size and speed but I'll take their technique and desire over any line in district.......

If you consider the fact that program weights and heights are usually always inflated, I'd say the Nederland O-line averages slightly over 200 pounds. I don't think the interior three Daniel, Westbrook, Molina crack the 200 pound threshold, though I may be wrong. The bookends probably go in the 225 range.

They are simply quick, tenacious, and know their assignments.

That doesn't mean anything other than they can't lose to them twice in ten games.... ;)

The point is they are not invincible with Mosley' date=' and they will face some tough teams -- Mosley is a great player, make no mistake about it, but NED isn't guaranteed anything in this district simply because they have him in the backfield.[/quote']

GoStangs, couldn't that have been said about Beasley? I know Beasley was the workhorse and what made your team click, but still no guarantees. You were very successful with Beasley. He was amazing.

We are just happy to have a player the caliber of Mosley. I will not omit the o-line play, however. Mosley gets some tough yards on his own, and when he breaks free, not many can catch him, thus, his big yardage output. But his o-line does make him some holes to cut through and see the field. Mosley picks his spots very well and this team plays as a unit.

Guest GoStangs

GoStangs, couldn't that have been said about Beasley? I know Beasley was the workhorse and what made your team click, but still no guarantees. You were very successful with Beasley. He was amazing.

We are just happy to have a player the caliber of Mosley. I will not omit the o-line play, however. Mosley gets some tough yards on his own, and when he breaks free, not many can catch him, thus, his big yardage output. But his o-line does make him some holes to cut through and see the field. Mosley picks his spots very well and this team plays as a unit.

To some extent, yes; however, your 4A district is a lot more competitive than our 3A district was last year.

Ned has a definite shot at district this year, with Dayton a strong contender also.

Beasley was a huge asset for us and played non-stop, but he was backed up by three other certain D1 commits in White, Thomas and Franks. When he needed relief, there was another athlete to step up. I'm not saying this is not the case in ned, but I haven't followed them like I did WO-S last year. The passing game looks serviceable, so this might be the year that they get the actual district title.

My bet is on Dayton, but with Ned certainly a strong contender.

I would gladly, once again, give up a district title for a looooooong playoff run. 8)

Micah is over 200 pounds. :twisted:

Mosely is always the fastest guy in a sprint to the goal line, regardless of his 40 time. That is what is so exciting about watching him run. He has another gear that is hard to believe. :shock:

I like the nickname, "the machine". It suits him imo.

What is really exciting is the unexpected. A passing game. Alex has really matured as a QB and really sees the field well. He is hitting receivers in traffic and under pressure. We all knew Micah was going to be good. Its great to see that he is not totally alone out there. If he were his stats would not be nearly as good. :idea:

The offensive line is fantastic, best I have seen from Nederland in a long time. Defense is real good too. Waller must have really had something, too bad I missed the game. Would not surprise me to see them meet up again in the R3 final if the chips fall right.

Can Nederland be beat in district??? Sure they can, anything can happen on any given Friday night. Will they win district, chances are real good that they finally will,,, but who knows. We should have won in 99 and PNG came out of nowhere to grab the title and a run at the state championship... You just never know!

Mike I think your observations are usually pretty good, But this defense has a little ways to go before I would call them a good defense. They played good against FB but in the other two games haven't been quite so good, time will tell. I saw on another post were you said they were the best defense you have seen in a while; I am partial, but they have along ways to go before they are in the league as the 2004 defense which was tops in the district all season. I know they didn't go as far as we hoped in the post season but the 2004 team was a very good team, offensively and defensively. 2004 should have been an out right district championship IMO, turnovers killed us against Ozen,one returned for a TD on a fumble that was not caused by Ozen but just a miss handled hand off, just the breaks of the game.

Mike I think your observations are usually pretty good' date=' But this defense has a little ways to go before I would call them a good defense. They played good against FB but in the other two games haven't been quite so good, time will tell. I saw on another post were you said they were the best defense you have seen in a while; I am partial, but they have along ways to go before they are in the league as the 2004 defense which was tops in the district all season. I know they didn't go as far as we hoped in the post season but the 2004 team was a very good team, offensively and defensively. 2004 should have been an out right district championship IMO, turnovers killed us against Ozen,one returned for a TD on a fumble that was not caused by Ozen but just a miss handled hand off, just the breaks of the game.[/quote']

lol, what are you doing up at almost midnight? :) I am on nights so I have an excuse. :wink:

Yeah, I think they have a lot of room for improvement but in my perception I think there is a lot of potential there. I think that they have already seen some of the toughest relative competition they will see all season with LaMarque and Waller. Im not sure that even the 2000 defense could have stopped Wallers onslaught. I sure wish I could have seen it, but I had to miss.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder