Transfers

Guest tigersvoice

are any area schools accepting transfers. By area schools I mean Silsbee Kountze Evadale HJ??

What are you TALKING about?

Guest tigersvoice

you have to live in the school district you attend school at.... ????????

Yes sir, I understand that, but what's up with his expression "Accepting transfers?"  All other things about a transfer being legal, when have public schools started accepting

or declining transfers?

I'm not really too sure what this person is talking about either...I mean I know Silsbee had Chastity Foster move in the second half of her Junior year and had some Douglas girl move in. I know a few years back they had a girl actually transfer to Nederland to play. Parents move all the time to places where they believe their kids will have a better opportunity to succeed, play, or be coached better. But as far as accepting transfers...I don't know what they mean.

sorry I didnt explain this better but it is my understanding that if a kid wants to transfer to another school and his or her parents dont live in the school district they have to actually be accepted for transfer or the school can decline to transfer. I know if you move into a school district you simply enroll but if you live outside the district you have to transfer. Maybe I have made this clear as mud..... ;D

Let me try this...

If I lived in Evadale and my daughter wanted to go to Silsbee she would have to transfer and be accepted or declined by SISD.

Guest tigersvoice

Under the No Child Left Behind Act,  a student who attends a Title 1 funded school that has failed to make progress and is undergoing school improvement, corrective action or restructuring is able to transfer to another school district. 

Hey, mactiger!  Thanks for the insight.  You ready for the term to begin?

Under the No Child Left Behind Act,  a student who attends a Title 1 funded school that has failed to make progress and is undergoing school improvement, corrective action or restructuring is able to transfer to another school district. 

Sounds to me these are conditions to better your education. Would you have to get a waiver from the UIL to play sports? So what happens if a child leaves and Title 1 school and performs poorly academically? I assume you aren't allowed to transfer to another Title 1 school right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont