GTB 10U AAA RED WIN 2nd IN WORLD SERIES IN SOUTHHAVEN MISSISSIPPI

10UAAA GTB RED WON 2nd in World Series. Went 9-3 coming out of losers bracket and having to beat the Houston Drillers(state champs) twice.  Won first game 8-2  lost 2nd 3-2.  These boys played their hearts out. They came together as a team at the right time of the year. The players are  Joseph Adams Bridge City, Kyle Bergeron Bridge City, Byron Trahan  Bridge City, Dylan Anthony Orangefield, Payton Robertson WOS, Trey Toney PNG, Nathan Vidrine PNG, Brandon Morse PNG, Brandon Young Lumberton, Steven Landry lumberton. Coach's  are Roderick Robertson, Chad Trahan, Scott Anthony and Carry Young.  These coach's have done a great job with these boys all year long. But coming thru the loser bracket they had to go to a higher level of coaching than ever before for us.They did it!! GREAT JOB PLAYERS AND COACHS!!  Kyle Bergeron won offensive mvp of tournament. 16 hits.  We had 6 home runs Brandon Young  2, Trey Toney 2, Joseph Adams 1, Dylan Anthony 1. One of Treys was a grand slam to break a 1-1 tie after a rain out and on full count. 23 teams in tournament.

Just to add a few words... These kids performed at a level that leads to believe that anything can happen. I (Coach Rod) am proud of all of these kids. They fought through adversity, rain delays and being somewhat sick. Everyone conributed in all different facets of the game. Small ball, big ball, defensively... they did it all. Several records were set by this team. Most consecutive wins (9) excluding forfeitures, most runs scored (71)--> minus 3 from the forfeited game, and most recorded strikeouts by team pitching (54). Not to mention the team play rising to the top when it counted. Congratulations to all of the boyz.... THEY DESERVE IT! I am proud to be a coach on this team. Thanks for the memories, Coach Rod.

Great job boys!!!!!!! The team just seemed to mesh just when we needed them to in the season. There is so much talent in every position on this team you will hear about these kids for a while. Appreciate all their effort for a long hard week. (Coach Chad)

a dad/coach kept updating me throughout the tourney. When yall got in the loser bracket and had to battle back  I knew it would be tough. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe one day towards the semifinals yall had to play like 3 games that day? I have to be honest everytime he would text  I would think "well they lost." and everytime he said these kids kept pulling it out and playing there hearts out.

Winning is fun,but when you see kids battle and not give up,  then that just makes it more special.

congrats on a great tourney .

A lot of the reason these boys did what they did was because these coach's became more than just coach's to these boys. They were friends. Good friends who care not just if these boys strike out a player or hit a home run but care if there grades are good they act right at steak and shake. Make sure when they are down or sick they are tended to.They are these boys 2nd dad.  I trust my son with these coach's any time.  They are family!!!  Thanks guys    We were sticking and moving  right  Payton.        1 nick 7  on a groove.

Roy Adams

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12