Region 3 3A

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope I replied to the thread.  As usual it turns on me as always.... ::)

DV, you were the first to bring in the comparison of the two regions.

BTW, you hurt my feelings. I know that you and Nos know more than I do when it comes to basketball, but I do think I bring something to the table. I can't believe that you don't respect my opinion on these matters.

If it helps AAW, we dont respect your opinion either.... ;D...just kidding.....I thought sure that my vast knowledge on the game would amount to something?.... ???

I honestly wonder whether you can read and interpret........what does one team winning a state championship have to do with how tough the region they came from was?  IT HAS ZERO TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!  Deep means from top to bottom.  Top holds just as much weight as bottom does.  There were 4 teams in region three that could have competed just as good as HJ at the state tourney last year.  HJ, Silsbee, Navasota, and Cleveland.  I still honestly believe after watching the state tournament last year that Silsbee was the best team in the state.  

Thanks Spinks for the compliment to last years Tiger team,  I felt that they may have been the best as well but didn't get to prove it. Great to hear it from a Hawk fan.. Unfortunately ,  for us Tiger fans no team has won the big one yet,  although there have been a few Tiger teams that were arguably the best in the state that year.

I honestly wonder whether you can read and interpret........what does one team winning a state championship have to do with how tough the region they came from was?  IT HAS ZERO TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!  Deep means from top to bottom.  Top holds just as much weight as bottom does.  There were 4 teams in region three that could have competed just as good as HJ at the state tourney last year.  HJ, Silsbee, Navasota, and Cleveland.  I still honestly believe after watching the state tournament last year that Silsbee was the best team in the state.  

Thanks Spinks for the compliment to last years Tiger team,  I felt that they may have been the best as well but didn't get to prove it. Great to hear it from a Hawk fan.. Unfortunately ,  for us Tiger fans no team has won the big one yet,  although there have been a few Tiger teams that were arguably the best in the state that year.

How many starters did Silsbee graduate? I know the point guard graduated.

Silsbee returns 3 starters in Hill, Stallworth and Jones. They also return two players that started several games in Thomas and Lane. Lane was a starter before he went down with a knee injury halfway through district. He was badly missed in the playoffs. Also Bolton returns who saw lots of time off the bench.

Silsbee will start Sr. '5"9 Hill, Jr. '6"3 Lane, Jr. '6"4 Stallworth, Sr. '6"7 Thomas, and Sr. '6"8 Jones. They will be much bigger in the starting lineup but will lack the outside shooting that Robinson, Walters and Byars provided. They will only be about 7-8 deep, not the 10 deep that they have been in recent years. Look for Silsbee to score more in the 50's and 60's than the 70's and 80's that they have done the last couple of years. Their defense will be much better in the half court.

Will they be as strong as last year? I think they can but this will be a very different type Silsbee team than what has been the last few years.

Silsbee returns 3 starters in Hill, Stallworth and Jones. They also return two players that started several games in Thomas and Lane. Lane was a starter before he went down with a knee injury halfway through district. He was badly missed in the playoffs. Also Bolton returns who saw lots of time off the bench.

Silsbee will start Sr. '5"9 Hill, Jr. '6"3 Lane, Jr. '6"4 Stallworth, Sr. '6"7 Thomas, and Sr. '6"8 Jones. They will be much bigger in the starting lineup but will lack the outside shooting that Robinson, Walters and Byars provided. They will only be about 7-8 deep, not the 10 deep that they have been in recent years. Look for Silsbee to score more in the 50's and 60's than the 70's and 80's that they have done the last couple of years. Their defense will be much better in the half court.

Will they be as strong as last year? I think they can but this will be a very different type Silsbee team than what has been the last few years.

Probally wont be many teams that will out rebound them......thats college size kids.

Guest stevenash

Probally wont be many teams that will out rebound them......thats college size kids.

College Sized Kids?  I thought most of those were at Htown.

Guest DickVitale

Those are some good sized kids ON PAPER, but AAW knows that those heights are a bit SSSSTTTTRRREEETTTCCHHEEDD out!  8)  Those Silsbee bigs MIGHT top out at about 6'6.....and THATS a stretch....Don't get me wrong, they are going to do damage around those parts in 3A, but 6'7 and 6'8 is a bit of a stretch.

College Sized Kids?  I thought most of those were at Htown.

Huntington just got a 6'6" post and a 6'3" point guard from Louisiana(brothers)......should help the inside and outside game....

Those are some good sized kids ON PAPER, but AAW knows that those heights are a bit SSSSTTTTRRREEETTTCCHHEEDD out!   8)  Those Silsbee bigs MIGHT top out at about 6'6.....and THATS a stretch....Don't get me wrong, they are going to do damage around those parts in 3A, but 6'7 and 6'8 is a bit of a stretch.

Ahhh, that is where you are wrong. Both Thomas and Jones were measured by the coaching staff this summer and that is their correct height. Got them from Ira at the summer tourney. Also D.C. has grown an inch and Lane has always been '6"3. I saw these kids almost daily over the summer, they have grown.

I know that in the summer tourney, the Cleveland post Reed who is '6"6 according to his coach, was 1 to 2 inches shorter than Thomas and Jones. That was very clear.

These guys have the hieght, but need more meat on their bones.

Guest DickVitale

Wow, Lazeek! Is that even possible? :D 8)

His belly may have grown but it does not rival the growth of some egos

OK stevenash, I will give you some attention.....What makes you make that statement? Was something said that indicated that someone's ego had grown?  ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder