Region 3 3A

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just simply based on last year and what I saw at the Silsbee summer tourney, I think Silsbee has the better team over Cleveland particularly now that Cleveland lost Carrington, but just barely. Even though Cleveland did beat Silsbee in the finals by 2 (Silsbee beat Cleveland earlier that day by 11) I think Silsbee has the better overall squad. It really showed in the second half of the championship game when Silsbee finally decided to start playing.

I personally spoke with the Cleveland varsity coach and he told me that was his team for the following season that was on the floor during the tourney. They will be good, but I believe that Silsbee is just as good if not better.

Now, does that make either one of these teams the best in Region 3? That remains to be seen.

I would classify them as 1a and 1b for now.

Just simply based on last year and what I saw at the Silsbee summer tourney, I think Silsbee has the better team over Cleveland particularly now that Cleveland lost Carrington, but just barely. Even though Cleveland did beat Silsbee in the finals by 2 (Silsbee beat Cleveland earlier that day by 11) I think Silsbee has the better overall squad. It really showed in the second half of the championship game when Silsbee finally decided to start playing.

I personally spoke with the Cleveland varsity coach and he told me that was his team for the following season that was on the floor during the tourney. They will be good, but I believe that Silsbee is just as good if not better.

Now, does that make either one of these teams the best in Region 3? That remains to be seen.

Which one was Carrington? When I saw them last year they were mostly all sophmores and one jr......

Which one was Carrington? When I saw them last year they were mostly all sophmores and one jr......

Carrington was a sophmore also but has moved to Atascasita. He was the other post player, had his hair in braids. He was to be Cleveland's starting quarterback too. Cleveland's coach told me he moved to Atascasita to get more exposure.

I look for an interesting year in hoops this year.  On paper Silsbee seems to be the team the beat and the athletes as they did last year.................OF has the experience and it is very tough to play in OF..................HJ what they always have and that is basketball players and coaching.

I have always said I would rather have basketball players than athletes...........I will stick to my guns again and say that Silsbee/ HJ will share the district title and both will have major scares in OF with the Bobcats coming in 3rd.

I look for an interesting year in hoops this year.  On paper Silsbee seems to be the team the beat and the athletes as they did last year.................OF has the experience and it is very tough to play in OF..................HJ what they always have and that is basketball players and coaching.

I have always said I would rather have basketball players than athletes...........I will stick to my guns again and say that Silsbee/ HJ will share the district title and both will have major scares in OF with the Bobcats coming in 3rd.

I agree with some of that. But, I will predict that Silsbee wins district outright and they will not be scared by Orangefield. Trust me, those days are over regarding the Bobcats. What I saw from them in the tourney this past weekend shouldn't scare the Tigers.

So then what are you agreeing with??? :D :D

This part of your post:

I look for an interesting year in hoops this year.  On paper Silsbee seems to be the team the beat and the athletes as they did last year.................OF has the experience and it is very tough to play in OF..................HJ what they always have and that is basketball players and coaching

THe Navasota Rattler's should be a solid team again this season.  Graduated only two players...although one was pt. guard Jacoby Stokes.  Both big men return...both are 6-7---and a good shooting guard.

However, Hardin Jefferson has had their number the PAST THREE seasons.  Winner of District 24 gets a bye to play 2nd place from District 22.  Which means another tough playoff road for the Rattler's!!!

THe Navasota Rattler's should be a solid team again this season.  Graduated only two players...although one was pt. guard Jacoby Stokes.  Both big men return...both are 6-7---and a good shooting guard.

However, Hardin Jefferson has had their number the PAST THREE seasons.  Winner of District 24 gets a bye to play 2nd place from District 22.  Which means another tough playoff road for the Rattler's!!!

Actually, Navasota's district, 24-3A, gets a first round bye. The 24-3A champ gets the winner between 21-3A runner up and 22-3A third. 24-3A runnerup gets 22-3A champ and 24-3A third gets 21-3A champ.

It's quite possible that district 24-3A's three playoff teams will face the top 3 teams in Region III in the area(2nd) round.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder