Region 3 3A

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

;D ;D Lets see if we can pick things up on here again! Nobody can ban us for colorful commentary on here... ::);)....Just be smart about it, and get your point across anyway!! Back to the thread topic....

Region 3 in class 3A is ok, but the Dallas region is better, hands down, IMO.

But this thread isn't about any other region. It's about Region III. Didn't you read the title of the thread?

Nice try DV, stick to topic.

AND....I said that region II (Dallas area region) was better, hands down, IMHO....That wasn't talking about Region II, I was comparing it to Region III in 3A.... ::) ::)

I am just hopeful that District 21-3A is the Region III winner for the 5th year in a row.  Says alot about the district!!!!!!  Go Hawks!!! ;) ;)

It says that other than two teams in 21-3A, the region is fairly weak.... ;)

It should be pretty obvious...Four of the last five 3A State Champions have been from region II...Van (2005), Dallas Roosevelt (2006), Kennedale (2008) and Dallas Madison (2009)....Region II is just better in 3A.

;D ;D Lets see if we can pick things up on here again! Nobody can ban us for colorful commentary on here... ::);)....Just be smart about it, and get your point across anyway!! Back to the thread topic....

Region 3 in class 3A is ok, but the Dallas region is better, hands down, IMO.

But this thread isn't about any other region. It's about Region III. Didn't you read the title of the thread?

Nice try DV, stick to topic.

AND....I said that region II (Dallas area region) was better, hands down, IMHO....That wasn't talking about Region II, I was comparing it to Region III in 3A.... ::) ::)

I am just hopeful that District 21-3A is the Region III winner for the 5th year in a row.  Says alot about the district!!!!!!  Go Hawks!!! ;) ;)

It says that other than two teams in 21-3A, the region is fairly weak.... ;)

It should be pretty obvious...Four of the last five 3A State Champions have been from region II...Van (2005), Dallas Roosevelt (2006), Kennedale (2008) and Dallas Madison (2009)....Region II is just better in 3A.

DV, no one here is disputing that fact. Region II has shown lately that it is better than Region III. But that region is irrelevant to THIS THREAD!! The thread is about Region III. If you want to compare, start a new thread.

Guest DickVitale

I notice that you left out the 2007 State Champ Hardin Jefferson Hawks our of your post!!!!! 8) 8) ;) ;)

Well thats because I hate HJ!!! No just kidding, I was only mentioning the 4 that won it all from region II...I thought about the hj hawks.... ::) (notice the lower case)  ;D

AAW, the topic of the thread is very GENERAL...It does noy say what exactly we are discussing about region 3 - 3A....So that means comparisons are valid...Once again, the GURU is RIGHT! 8)

You cant tell much from summer ball with players missing and kids out of shape. ....Who would be your top ten teams this year in reg three?........Cleveland would make the cut but what others?

Here is the author of this thread and what he was asking folks to comment on. All of the talk has been about Region III teams until you, DV, chimed in with the Region II talk.

Again, nobody is disputing the Region II fact, but this thread wasn't about making comparisons of different regions, but to make comparisons and arguments of Region III teams.

Guest DickVitale

OK, point taken, but that conversation wont last but about two or three replies as it pertains to that region.....HJ......Silsbee... ::) ::).................................................................................. ::) ::)............................................................................ ::) ::)............................................................................................ ::) ::)...Get my point? ;)

OK, point taken, but that conversation wont last but about two or three replies as it pertains to that region.....HJ......Silsbee... ::) ::).................................................................................. ::) ::)............................................................................ ::) ::)............................................................................................ ::) ::)...Get my point? ;)

Well, actually it has lasted about 6 pages now, with 99% of the talk about Region III teams. ;)

Guest DickVitale

Seriously AAW, I think thats what makes your region so tough in the eyes of Silsbee and HJ, because you have the two best teams arguably in the region battling for district supremacy, AND regional supremacy.  Its tough to do, and to be honest, once the region is won, it makes it difficult to finish strong, because you guys have battled all season and kind of "take a deep breath" in Austin, if that makes sense, and sometimes run out of gas.  It HAS to be tough! Sometimes the BEST team does not actually get out of the region...The team that has everything clicking at the right time usually does, and in the playoffs one slip, and POOF! You're outta there! ;)

Seriously AAW, I think thats what makes your region so tough in the eyes of Silsbee and HJ, because you have the two best teams arguably in the region battling for district supremacy, AND regional supremacy.  Its tough to do, and to be honest, once the region is won, it makes it difficult to finish strong, because you guys have battled all season and kind of "take a deep breath" in Austin, if that makes sense, and sometimes run out of gas.  It HAS to be tough! Sometimes the BEST team does not actually get out of the region...The team that has everything clicking at the right time usually does, and in the playoffs one slip, and POOF! You're outta there! ;)

Couldn't agree more.

Guest DickVitale

I don't think that HJ took a dep breath in Austin in 2007!!!!!!  And they should have won in 2009 in the State Semi for sure!!!!!

Woulda, coulda, shoulda!!! My point has been proven with region 3-3A teams time and time again...Yes you guys were able to get through and win it in 2007, but, my point is that it is very hard to do it when the region has two teams battling all year long...Once again, I am giving you guys some credit, and you don't realize it... ::) ::)..Now get out of the region THIS YEAR and stop living in the past!!! 8) 8)

Guest DickVitale

Well you are not even ON THE STAFF and you swing on that HJ title like its yours! ::) ::) Did they order you a ring? NOPE. You can wear MINE if you want!! Or Clay's!!  8)

Guest nostradamus

I haven't even read all the posts.....and I guarantee you that DV will not admit that this is true....but having coached in both regions I can tell you this....the bottom line....like everything else in high school sports....it is cyclical.  Region II is on a strong swing right now....there are periods where Region III dominated....there have been plenty of years where arguably the three best teams in the state were in the same region.....the problem with region II is that some of their really good teams float back and forth between region I and II and that makes a huge difference.

Guest DickVitale

I totally agree.  100%. Right now region II is head and shoulders better. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.  Its a two team show in region III right now. Jasper beat Silsbee, but I dont think it will happen like that this season, IMO. I think Jasper kinda caught everyone off guard this season, but they wont be able to float under the radar like they did last year.

Guest stevenash

I totally agree.  100%. Right now region II is head and shoulders better. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.  Its a two team show in region III right now. Jasper beat Silsbee, but I dont think it will happen like that this season, IMO. I think Jasper kinda caught everyone off guard this season, but they wont be able to float under the radar like they did last year.

Try telling Cleveland and Navasota your two team show theory.

Guest DickVitale

You think that Cleveland and Navasota pose a legitimate threat in your region? I thought that you and Silsbee were so much better than those guys.  They sometimes have athletes, but solid programs will beat athletes in most years.

Guest stevenash

You think that Cleveland and Navasota pose a legitimate threat in your region? I thought that you and Silsbee were so much better than those guys.  They sometimes have athletes, but solid programs will beat athletes in most years.

HJ beat Cleveland to get to Huntsville in overtime and the entire team returns.  Yes, they pose a very legitimate threat, and in this case, I KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES BETTER than you do but of course you will not admit it and will do your darndest to discredit it.

A two team show?........183A  had two teams in the regional tourney last year........HJ squeaked by Hudson and beat Jasper(the third place team) in the finals due to coaching adjustments made at halftime. I do think the cream rose to the top.....didn't HJ loose in OT? and the championship was won in OT?........I dont see that much of a difference in the two regions......reg 2 might have the state champ but I think reg 3 is tougher overall........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder