Region 3 3A

I ate tons of crow last year when considering Jasper. BUT THAT WAS LAST YEAR!!!

Mark this down, Jasper, I repeat, Jasper will not make it to the regional finals! They will make the playoffs as the 3rd place team but will lose early in the playoffs.

Oh, and Silsbee will beat them by 20! ;D ;D ;D ;D

(let the games begin) ;)

183A will be balanced again this year.......seven of the eight teams will compete for a playoff spot. Is Hudson on HJ schedule this year?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AggiesAreWe & Lazeek,

The news just keeps getting better for the  Dawgs. Today, they picked up a Jr. guard that led his 2A team to the the regional quarterfinals.  Hey Aggie since many of you picked them to finish sixth or seventh in district last year and sixth or sevent this  season, don't you think just making the playoffs this season would be a huge accomplishment -don't you?

Oh we realize that replacing last year's seniors will be tough, but are they trying to build a team or a program down there?

AggiesAreWe & Lazeek,

The news just keeps getting better for the  Dawgs. Today, they picked up a Jr. guard that led his 2A team to the the regional quarterfinals.  Hey Aggie since many of you picked them to finish sixth or seventh in district last year and sixth or sevent this  season, don't you think just making the playoffs this season would be a huge accomplishment -don't you?

Oh we realize that replacing last year's seniors will be tough, but are they trying to build a team or a program down there?

Shooter, I understand that you need to be positive and upbeat about your team. That's your job along with teaching these kids. I applaud that, sincerely. I think you have done a heck of a job up there. You and your team are to be commended.

As for predictions, well I said that Jasper would finish 4th and miss the playoffs last year, not 6th or 7th. They proved me wrong in a big way. As for this year's predictions, well I had not made one on Jasper till yesterday and as you can see, I picked them 3rd, making the playoffs, just no deep run. That's a far cry from 6th or 7th. I don't know where you are getting this "many folks" predicting Jasper to be 6th or 7th this year.

Again, what you guys did last year was phenomenal, you guys made history there in Jasper. You and the town should definitely be proud. I for one was happy to finally see a Jasper basketball team succeed at that level. But, it was just one year. Yes, it's a start, but let's see how the program goes the next couple of years.

Good luck to you guys.

Shooter why are you calling me out?  I simply said they would not be in the Regional mix this year.......the two studs that Jasper had last year were the heart and soul of the team and will be very hard to replace the offense and heart of the the team.  I also predict that they will make the playoffs and win a game or two this season.

Nobodys saying Jasper wont be competitive. They will put a good team on the floor. They lost all their fire power but will regroup......183A will be tough again.

1...Rusk... Lost one starter. Lost a lot of district games by one or two points.

2...Carthage....returns key players, they will be tough....maybe they will win state again in football and not have time to prepare for district play....lol

3...Center....lost the big boy and a good guard....very athletic and had a very good jv. They could be good.

4....Hudson.....lost the stud....returns three starters. Not having a fb team they will be ready early...playoffs again.(maybe)

5...Huntington....lost a couple key players but should be better overall. Guard play will be the strength...sophmore, jv and varsity all had twenty plus wins last year.

6..Diboll....lost two or three starters but will have the big kid back..

7...Central....needs a transfusion.

It's too early to award a playoff spot to anybody.

Guest stevenash

Nobodys saying Jasper wont be competitive. They will put a good team on the floor. They lost all their fire power but will regroup......183A will be tough again.

1...Rusk... Lost one starter. Lost a lot of district games by one or two points.

2...Carthage....returns key players, they will be tough....maybe they will win state again in football and not have time to prepare for district play....lol

3...Center....lost the big boy and a good guard....very athletic and had a very good jv. They could be good.

4....Hudson.....lost the stud....returns three starters. Not having a fb team they will be ready early...playoffs again.(maybe)

5...Huntington....lost a couple key players but should be better overall. Guard play will be the strength...sophmore, jv and varsity all had twenty plus wins last year.

Would Central be appreciative of a technological update?

Lazeek,

Like any serious fan, I just want the Jasper kids to get the credit and support we think they earned. We saw things on this site about one of our players and the team that were downright distasteful and untrue. It got to a point in which I didn't care to post.

ALL KIDS IN SETX DESERVE RECOGNITION AND NO TEAM OR  COACH IS GOOD WITHOUT GOOD PLAYERS.

Would Central be appreciative of a technological update?

they would be delighted...lol.....good coach this year but not much material.....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stevenash

AggiesAreWe & Lazeek,

The 6'2" move in guard from Dallas and and this junior guard.........Whats attracting these players to Jasper?.....AAW, you may have to reconsider your predictions.........

Sounds to me like Bo-Hack is recruiting for Jasper or maybe the Gestapo has become overbearing and those that intended to come to H-town are stopping off in J-town.

AggiesAreWe & Lazeek,

The 6'2" move in guard from Dallas and and this junior guard.........Whats attracting these players to Jasper?.....AAW, you may have to reconsider your predictions.........

AggiesAreWe & Lazeek,

Sounds to me like Bo-Hack is recruiting for Jasper or maybe the Gestapo has become overbearing and those that intended to come to H-town are stopping off in J-town.

Recruiting at Jasper and the need for gestapo has "fell off " the last few years.......

With an improved post game and the return of junior Scott Middleton who didn't play in the quarterfinals  and the regional tournament they will be in mix. Here are some names you will hear a lot about.

Sr. Anoir Walker 6-2 guard with great shooting range and wing span

Jr. Garmarvis Kellum 6-2 guard with good sizes and athleticism (move-in from Dallas who played in a few JV games)

Jr. Desmond Berry a 6-3 center who with Middleton will finally give Jasper the ability to score inside consistently.

Jr. Kenyon Myers a 5-11  lefty who will give opponents fits with exceptional leaping ability and athleticism.

Returnees:

Josh Sells a 5-7 senior with good quickness and leapers

Cedric McGill a 5-6 senior with you guest it, tremendous althleticism, quickness and competitness.

Justim McCullough a 6-4 senior  with great rebounding ability.

Dimitric Brown a strong 6-2 post who got better as the season progress.

Sleepers:

Thomas Teagle a 5-9 junior and cousin of Terry Teagle who played in the NBA. He's an unbelievable athlete that give Jasper an opportunity to apply pressure

Demarcus Collins a 5-7 athletic, freshman guard who can knock it down.

Alex Coleman a 5-11 jr. and son of former Westbrook basketball coach Chris Coleman. He's competive, smart and can knock it down from beyong th arc.

Jacquise  Spikes the brother of  Kwame Spikes, he's  a very skilled dribbler who can also light em up.

They counted out the DAWGS last year - You count on them being in the hunt again this season. LAZEEK SAVE THIS POST ALONG WITH YOURS, IT COULD SERVE AS EVIDENCE COME DISTRICT PLAY.

wow!  and speaking of athletic McGill, look what he did Friday night agains KV!

Jasper will be decent this year. It will be hard to replace the guys that graduated......they could be competitive........whats the scoop j-dog?

shooter said it all.  Two seniors were the dominate forces last year, but for sure Jasper could not have beaten Waco LaVega or Silsbee without the underclassmen.  The Dogs will reload.  Think about it.  Jasper beat both LaVega and Silsbee WITHOUT Middleton, and he will now be back.

Jasper will be decent this year. It will be hard to replace the guys that graduated......they could be competitive........whats the scoop j-dog?

shooter said it all.  Two seniors were the dominate forces last year, but for sure Jasper could not have beaten Waco LaVega or Silsbee without the underclassmen.  The Dogs will reload.  Think about it.  Jasper beat both LaVega and Silsbee WITHOUT Middleton, and he will now be back.

j_dog, you of all people know that Jasper doesn't "reload" when it comes to basketball.  ::)

shooter said it all.  Two seniors were the dominate forces last year, but for sure Jasper could not have beaten Waco LaVega or Silsbee without the underclassmen.  The Dogs will reload.  Think about it.  Jasper beat both LaVega and Silsbee WITHOUT Middleton, and he will now be back.

j_dog, you of all people know that Jasper doesn't "reload" when it comes to basketball.  ::)

what i do know is that when it counted the most, Jasper beat Silsbee.   ;D

shooter said it all.  Two seniors were the dominate forces last year, but for sure Jasper could not have beaten Waco LaVega or Silsbee without the underclassmen.  The Dogs will reload.  Think about it.  Jasper beat both LaVega and Silsbee WITHOUT Middleton, and he will now be back.

j_dog, you of all people know that Jasper doesn't "reload" when it comes to basketball.  ::)

what i do know is that when it counted the most, Jasper beat Silsbee.   ;D

And nobody has disputed that now have they?

But reload, c'mon now, who you kidding?

Guest DickVitale

Have to agree with AAW on this one....Silsbee would beat the brakes off of Jasper when/if they play again...That Jasper win last season was once in a lifetime, so enjoy it, because it may not come again anytime soon! ;)

Guest DickVitale

Whats up Dove? Glad you are back in the land of the un-banned!  :D  I will tell you this, Dove...Without you and I on this board, it definitely lacks character!!!! LOL ;D

Guest DickVitale

;D ;D Lets see if we can pick things up on here again! Nobody can ban us for colorful commentary on here... ::);)....Just be smart about it, and get your point across anyway!! Back to the thread topic....

Region 3 in class 3A is ok, but the Dallas region is better, hands down, IMO.

;D ;D Lets see if we can pick things up on here again! Nobody can ban us for colorful commentary on here... ::);)....Just be smart about it, and get your point across anyway!! Back to the thread topic....

What?....BLASPHEMY!!!!........I would ban you for that.....lol

But this thread isn't about any other region. It's about Region III. Didn't you read the title of the thread?

Nice try DV, stick to topic.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder