National Championship Game Thread................

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha   let the excuses begin!

none needed, considering how overrated, undertalented and boring UT was this year... i'm pretty pleased with their performance, especially seeing as they were one out away from sweeping the "unbeatable" LSU tigers.  great season for both teams, and great showing by both.  hopefully we'll get the chance to talk it up on here again next year.

Texas goes with a very strong Cole Green tonight for the National Championship......LSU counters with there star in Renaudo, Not sure why the LSU fans think they can score 9 on this #1 pitching staff in the country.

What a series, the only advantage i see is Texas has Augie, and he has won a few NC already.

Texas 5 LSU 2

HOOK'EM.........

Score looks good to me!

HOOK'EM

Apparently the players thought that also! ;)

LSU deserved to win but i will say this------those 2 hitters for LSU sold the UMP on those back to back plays in the 6th.   8)

That's baseball for you....it may seem cheap but it works sometimes....one looked legit the other not so sure.

yea it works that second one really did not hit him, the first one may have grazed a lil of the sleeve but did not hit the body.

LSU deserved to win but i will say this------those 2 hitters for LSU sold the UMP on those back to back plays in the 6th.   8)

That's baseball for you....it may seem cheap but it works sometimes....one looked legit the other not so sure.

yea it works that second one really did not hit him, the first one may have grazed a lil of the sleeve but did not hit the body.

Uniform is part of the body....all it has to do is graze it.

Guest Orangeboy

Anybody get any funny quotes from game 2?

Not a quote, but a Texas fan was holding a sign that read, "Deauxn't Mess With Texas"

Did see that one.  ;D

Guest Orangeboy

Really enjoyed watching LSU's left side of the infield make those plays all series.  :o Difference was not cashing in with the bases loaded. LSU seemed to get the clutch hit when they needed and thats what champs do. Hoping for the same 2 teams next year. Congrats to LSU and their fans. But most of all Hook'em Horns!

Hey scooter, didn't you know there is no crying in baseball? ;) ;D

:D   we'll see who's crying in Pasadena in January   :D   time for a lil payback--if LSU can hold their part of the deal

Newsflash!! Neither team will be playing for a National title come January.

Congrats to LSU fans. It was a great series. Like I said, I was just pleased with watching such great baseball. Hey circlechange, our boy Johnny D. is a national champ! That is exciting and I am proud of him even though he redshirted. I want a pic of that ring!!

Hey scooter, didn't you know there is no crying in baseball? ;) ;D

:D   we'll see who's crying in Pasadena in January   :D   time for a lil payback--if LSU can hold their part of the deal

Newsflash!! Neither team will be playing for a National title come January.

put the drink down!    :D

its UT vs. whomever the SEC wants in

Really enjoyed watching LSU's left side of the infield make those plays all series.  :o Difference was not cashing in with the bases loaded. LSU seemed to get the clutch hit when they needed and thats what champs do. Hoping for the same 2 teams next year. Congrats to LSU and their fans. But most of all Hook'em Horns!

Not taking advantage of bases loaded was big but helping LSU in the sixth with a walk and two hit batsmen was the difference.  LSU did what they needed and took advantage of that and after coming back from 4-0 to tie the game a 6 run deficit was shattering.

Guest Orangeboy

Congrats to LSU fans. It was a great series. Like I said, I was just pleased with watching such great baseball. Hey circlechange, our boy Johnny D. is a national champ! That is exciting and I am proud of him even though he redshirted. I want a pic of that ring!!

Maybe we'll get a chance to see it when he comes to watch little brother play next year.

Maybe we'll get a chance to see it when he comes to watch little brother play next year.

LOL it is so crazy to think about isn't it?

Guest Orangeboy

Congrats to LSU on a great win over the best team in baseball  ;D You took control and my Longhorns just couldn't bounce back.

AAW, maybe someday you will be a true Texan.

Well said Baddog, well said.

That sums it up pretty well.Had Texas got the hits it needed when those bases were loaded the LSU sixth might have been and inning that just tied the game.For Texas to win the CWS they had to stop LSU from getting those big inings of 6 plus runs...28 of the 29 inings they did just that.

Congrats to LSU on a great win over the best team in baseball  ;D You took control and my Longhorns just couldn't bounce back.

AAW, maybe someday you will be a true Texan.

Like I said, I went where the money was. I would have enjoyed making $500 off of an LSU loss just as much as the tu loss. The problem was, I could not get any LSU fan to bet me. Either they were scared or tu fans are just born suckers. ;) ;D

My wife pulled for LSU because she has ties to that school, even though she is an Aggie.

Congrats to LSU on a National Championship, they played great baseball and my Horns just made mistakes in the title game.

Is it just me or has Austin Wood become junk since the famous 25 inning game??? He hasn't gotten anyboby out since.

Great Series and lets do it again next year......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124