Impatient!!!

IMO, it looks as though Roc is dissappointed with his class and is trying to delay the inevitable, ridicule for the lack of a descent class.

I have done some research and it looks as though Lamar is one of the last schools in the nation to release their signees.

It will be interesting to hear his excuse for the delay.

Guest coachacola

The whole athletic department is slow at releasing information.  Wasn't Gilligan slow in releasing his signings and the schedule?  We still don't know exactly when they plan to start renovations on the stadium and the athletic complex.  How are they suppose to win fans and gain community support by being so secretive?  Doesn't this all start with Tubbs since he's the AD?

I was told yesterday from a reliable source that the odds of the Athletic Complex in the South Endzone will likely NOT be done in time for the 2010 season!!!!!  Stadium upgrades and seating will be done and new turf should be in anytime!!!!!!!

Guest mffl

I hear this is supposed to be one of Roc's best classes. As far the as the South Endzone is concerned, I mean did you expect this excess amount of cash that we have would get it ready especially in this economy. Patience

Guest coachacola

Economy is bad so you should have contractors willing to do it for less to get the job!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I read a few months ago (forget where) that construction costs have dropped about 10% from last year due to the economy.  Hopefully that means LU will get more for their money.  Since they estimated it would cost under $23 million for the stadium renovations, athletic complex, VIP suites and club room, you'd think they'll be adding even more extras since they plan to spend over $25 million on it.

On a related subject, Old Dominion will play their first season of football this fall after restarting their football program, and they have sold over 14,000 season tickets.  Their stadium holds around 16K so they are thinking of adding temporary seats to hold everyone.  Anybody here think LU will have the same "problem"?

On a related subject, Old Dominion will play their first season of football this fall after restarting their football program, and they have sold over 14,000 season tickets.  Their stadium holds around 16K so they are thinking of adding temporary seats to hold everyone.  Anybody here think LU will have the same "problem"?

No. ODU is in Norfolk, VA in a metro area of over 1.5 million people. They also don't have much else in the way of entertainment! DC is up the road a bit.

LU is in a Metro area about 1/4 the size.

No. ODU is in Norfolk, VA in a metro area of over 1.5 million people. They also don't have much else in the way of entertainment! DC is up the road a bit.

LU is in a Metro area about 1/4 the size.

I agree. I think Lamar will be fortunate to get 5,000 season tickets, even if that. After hearing what the chairback seats will be going for, that 5,000 number could be out of reach.

Guest coachacola

Those are some low expectations for Lamar football.  I'm sure there's a lot more to do in Norfolk than in SETX.  They have a minor league baseball team (AAA) and a minor league hockey team.  Norfolk has a zoo and is also right on the beach.  I would think that if Lamar only sells 5,000 season tickets for the 2010 season then that would be a disappointment.  If they sell less then 5,000 then that would only reinforce the perception that Beaumont is a lousy sports town.

How much are the chair backs going for, I am curious.  I know of several people who plan on buying season tickets.  I hope the Golden Triangle supports Lamar Football more than they did before.  I have been encouraged by the response from the community and the students when the campaign started to bring football back.

How much are the chair backs going for, I am curious.  I know of several people who plan on buying season tickets.  I hope the Golden Triangle supports Lamar Football more than they did before.  I have been encouraged by the response from the community and the students when the campaign started to bring football back.

I was told the chairbacks would be at least $100 a seat per game. Also, those seats will have at least a $1000 to $1500 PSL to each seat.

Guest DickVitale

Wow! Who do they think they are, Texas A&M?! ;D......(huh AAW?) LU should admit people at affordable rates for ALL! Especially early on....Build a fan base, THEN start going for profit...Its only Lamar, folks.. ::)

Wow! Who do they think they are, Texas A&M?! ;D......(huh AAW?) LU should admit people at affordable rates for ALL! Especially early on....Build a fan base, THEN start going for profit...Its only Lamar, folks.. ::)

I couldn't agree more. I think a reasonable price for the chairbacks should be around the $50-$65 range and the bench seats around the $25-$40 range. Then after a few seasons you can go up on the prices.

As for my Aggies, I hope we see a better value for my season tickets there in Aggieland than I have gotten the last few years.

Guest coachacola

I don't think PSL's will go over very well in SETX.  I think AggiesAreWe is right, charge around $50 or so for the chairbacks and $25 or so for the bench seats.  If Lamar can get around 15K fans per game then they'll be doing good and will making decent money.  If they sell 5,000 season tickets for $300 a pop (5 games X $60 each) that's $1.5 million, plus maybe another $500K or more for bench seats, that's $2 million in ticket sales.  For the SLC that's good money, and that doesn't include money from the VIP suites and club room (which I assume will be built).

I think Billy Tubbs has a pretty good idea what Lamar can charge for football without alienating the fans.  He was giving his opinion in the paper not too long ago on why hockey and the SETX Mustangs have problems drawing crowds.  Since Lamar's been practically giving away tickets to basketball with those $1 ticket specials, I'm guessing we'll see the same with football.

I don't think PSL's will go over very well in SETX.  I think AggiesAreWe is right, charge around $50 or so for the chairbacks and $25 or so for the bench seats.  If Lamar can get around 15K fans per game then they'll be doing good and will making decent money.  If they sell 5,000 season tickets for $300 a pop (5 games X $60 each) that's $1.5 million, plus maybe another $500K or more for bench seats, that's $2 million in ticket sales.  For the SLC that's good money, and that doesn't include money from the VIP suites and club room (which I assume will be built).

I think Billy Tubbs has a pretty good idea what Lamar can charge for football without alienating the fans.  He was giving his opinion in the paper not too long ago on why hockey and the SETX Mustangs have problems drawing crowds.  Since Lamar's been practically giving away tickets to basketball with those $1 ticket specials, I'm guessing we'll see the same with football.

I agree. But my sources tell me that it is Tubbs that is looking at those higher prices. I was told it was his idea about the PSL's and that he thought the chairbacks could get at least $80 a game for them.

Those are some low expectations for Lamar football.  I'm sure there's a lot more to do in Norfolk than in SETX.  They have a minor league baseball team (AAA) and a minor league hockey team.  Norfolk has a zoo and is also right on the beach.   I would think that if Lamar only sells 5,000 season tickets for the 2010 season then that would be a disappointment.  If they sell less then 5,000 then that would only reinforce the perception that Beaumont is a lousy sports town.

Minor league baseball season is over before football season begins and minor league hockey begins toward the end of football season, now the beach I agree is a big draw, but not the Zoo! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder