Who will get the WOS basketball job?

I have a feeling that a ghost from the past will get it.  They will want to win now and not have a new coach come in and try to rebuild.  They will want a established coach who has a proven track history and can make a instant impact!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that a ghost from the past will get it.  They will want to win now and not have a new coach come in and try to rebuild.  They will want a established coach who has a proven track history and can make a instant impact!!!!!

If you are suggesting that McCarter will come back, then that tells me one or two things. One, that debate we had here about Silsbee and West Brook being the better job that some suggested that Brook was better because it was 5A, gets thrown completely out. He would be leaving a 5A for a 3A school that is not one of the better basketball programs around these parts. The other thing is, if Doug were to come back, then maybe he has worn out his welcome over there at that 5A Katy school. ;)

Guest DickVitale

Not happening...They would have to give Doug $110, 000 and a Range Rover for him to go back there!! :D...Ron Jackson from Westbrook... ;)

Not happening...They would have to give Doug $110, 000 and a Range Rover for him to go back there!! :D...Ron Jackson from Westbrook... ;)

Personally I wouldn't think that Doug would take that job either. But when Lazeek spoke of a ghost from the past, I wanted to know if that's who he was talking about.

Guest DickVitale

What? Doug McCarter is established AND proven.....Ron Jackson is not...I think he has paid his dues though....Should have learned a lot under David Green when he was at Memorial with him...

Guest nostradamus

No...that is Don Jackson....was at Woodville when I was at Jasper.......GREAT COACH!!!  and even better person.  I believe he is back at Grapeland now as a principal/basketball coach.

Guest DickVitale

RON Jackson was the head coach at Vincent Middle before going to PA Memorial with David Green back in 2002. I think he should go after the WO-S spot, personally.

Guest spinks

RON Jackson was the head coach at Vincent Middle before going to PA Memorial with David Green back in 2002. I think he should go after the WO-S spot, personally.

Dickie V......had you not gotten your gig would you have gone after it?

Guest DickVitale

You know, I don't really know....Maybe...WOS is not a bad job, its just a football covered job..The athletes are there, and I would take pride in beating HJ and Silsbee year in and year out... :D...Seriously, thats a good question...I really hadn't thought about that scenario...I think that its a really good 1st head coaching job for someone, too, however...Would be a good challenge for a guy like Clay at HJ, but I dont think he would even sniff at it...Ron Jackson would be a good choice...

Guest DickVitale

Why would Clay leave HJ for WOS???

To be the head coach again....Thats easy..It would not be a lateral move for him thats for sure..Dont know about the money situation at WOS, but I would think he would make more as head bb coach, huh?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder