Saveat finally named Ozen HC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Well I learned last night that it had a lot to do with his keeping his assistant principal position.  There were some other factors too, but, this was a big issue with the board. They wanted to dot their I's and cross their t's so that this would not blow up in anyone's face.  Marquis is going to keep his assistant principal position after all, too.  I am very happy for him...AND I am in the Fred Williams Classic, too!! ;)

Well I learned last night that it had a lot to do with his keeping his assistant principal position.  There were some other factors too, but, this was a big issue with the board. They wanted to dot their I's and cross their t's so that this would not blow up in anyone's face.  Marquis is going to keep his assistant principal position after all, too.  I am very happy for him...AND I am in the Fred Williams Classic, too!! ;)

1 and Done!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Guest DickVitale

Thank you, Nos.... ::)...I told you Lazeek, when I have a question about flooring, you will be the first guy I call!! Hoops novice! :D :D

Hoop advice????  Hoop advice????  You and I have one thing in common DV.......................we both have had several jobs!!!!! :D :D :D  Here is my advice......settle down and stay at your new gig for a while!!! ;) ;)

P.S. I will try to do the same!!! 8) 8)

Guest DickVitale

I plan on it...College coaching is so unpredictable, and unless its a MAJOR college job, I won't be leaving for another one...I have got some great young players, and I want to build here. Thanks for the motivation, though.  ;) ::)

Guest spinks

I plan on it...College coaching is so unpredictable, and unless its a MAJOR college job, I won't be leaving for another one...I have got some great young players, and I want to build here. Thanks for the motivation, though.  ;) ::)

Now that is how you respond to hecklers Dickie V.  I am impressed!

Thanks for the clarification DV...usually there is more to these stories than meets the eye...it just looked strange on the surface to spend months looking for a coach and ultimately end up with the guy who was already there.

So did you get the invite to the HJ Classic too?

Guest DickVitale

So did you get the invite to the HJ Classic too?

Still waiting on that one.... ::) ::)...There's nothing to fear, but fear itself.... ;):D

Guest DickVitale
:D :D...You got a point there, Dove!!!! Maybe while in the principal's office, why don't you see if they can be persuaded to let my guys in to dominate, oooops, I mean PARTICIPATE in their tourney.... ::) ::):D :D

OK, I have put my posting away for too long... I would have loved to get on some of those topics. 

I am here now, so here I go... I hope no feathers are ruffled because you guys (girls) are a little sensitive.

First! Congrats to Seveat!  I think he will do fine.

Second, Ozen was positioned to be great?  Hands down in SETX is football first!  If anything would have been set-up, it would have been the football program! 

Third, the Brook job would be a great opportunity.  Silsbee has had great talent and great years but it has produced not championships, not even regional!  Who does that sound like? WB!  So if the choice was there between the two I would chose the bigger school.  If Ozen had never opened, those same kids that went to State on numerous teams would have been at Westbrook, underachieving under Simon!  Right now there is plenty of talent at Brook to compete at basketball, but the lure is not there...  As good as WB past coaches were, they always melted down in the playoffs, which is where Boutte excelled.  The right couch WILL have a powerhouse at WB!

Lastly, I would love to see DV in the HJ tourney... "Put up or shut up time!" Honestly whoever loses will get ragged on pretty hard!!!!  Crow will be ate, crow-pot-pie!

Guest nostradamus

uhhh.....mr. short........before you completely let all the air out of your puffed up chest after that post........Silsbee won the Region III championship in 2008 and has been in the regional tournament 4 of the last 5 years......and was a regular in the 4A playoffs and in the 4A regional championship not too long before that (we all remember that game at the Montagne right?)  In fact, WB has not sniffed a regional tournament since Coleman left.....so when you describe a program with regional championships and regional tournaments.....sounds a lot more like Silsbee than it does WB

uhhh.....mr. short........before you completely let all the air out of your puffed up chest after that post........Silsbee won the Region III championship in 2008 and has been in the regional tournament 4 of the last 5 years......and was a regular in the 4A playoffs and in the 4A regional championship not too long before that (we all remember that game at the Montagne right?)  In fact, WB has not sniffed a regional tournament since Coleman left.....so when you describe a program with regional championships and regional tournaments.....sounds a lot more like Silsbee than it does WB

Thank you Nos for correcting short.

Know your facts before opening one's mouth.

Oh yes I did forget about that most recent trrip... Good post especially being that silsbee has a much longer history!  Like I said... I always have liked the Silsbee program, but WB is a coach away from being a power!

Thank you Nos for correcting short.

Know your facts before opening one's mouth.

Facts, opinions, propaganda, blah, blah, blah... Freedom of speech lil' dude (even when wrong).  Silsbee has been a program for how many years to claim that one regional championship?  WB has been in the mix only since '82...  Brook will have there chances just like Silsbee has had theres.  Westbook has had more talent than Silsbee and alot of talent is still there!  It will only take a coach to put that situation together, the same way Boutte did with Ozen (with Brook's talent).  Also, of course Simon allows his asst. coaches to help coach football, Simon is a football guy.  He originally applied for that job before the basketball position was open.  Outside of the Louis Arlin and Thadeous Holden years Silsbee hasnt come close to the overall talent that can be found at Westbrook.  Except this year when Brook only had Lopez and Whittington and that team could have been better too, if the right coach was there.  Again thank you for the correction I always tend to think in the past when I think of GREAT Silsbee teams!  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder