Laday's Autopsy----PCP Toxicity

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. X could not be reached for comment    ::)   :o

Imagine that!!  I'm sure the buffoon will eventually still have some hateful, idiotic comments to spew forth about this...like the LPD caused his TCP levels to rise to a dangerous level and that killed him...And the "brutal beatings" about his face..charge the LPD because his faced smashed the steering wheel.

I feel for the Laday family though...now in addition to losing a son from drug abuse, they have been embarrased by this Qualude X clown.

Wonder what other peaceful community he's gonna threaten to tear down to the ground?? ::)

Remember Laday had no reason to run............................oh yeah except for the fact that he was on PCP!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

They will claim that LPD forced him to ingest PCP..then beat his face with a steering wheel    ::)  They wll then claim that the effects of the tazer triggered under stress on his heart already agitated by PCP  (that the LPD FORCED him to ingest).  Hence, the cops killed him.   ::)

I didn't seriously think they would try this angle when I posted the above but....

His mother suspects now that someone may have shot him up with PCP...this is getting ridiculous

This is the hidden content, please

What I find that is interesting is his mother's comments in the Beaumont Enterprise. She is quoted as saying that she doesn't care what was in his body, it didn't cause his death and only the cops did.

That shows her entire intent in this process. No matter the medical facts, no matter the circumstances, no matter what actually happened.... only that the cops can be shown to be at fault and that nothing that her son did could have contributed to his own death.

It looks to me as if a person died entirely of his own actions and the family is attempting to take his self induced accidental death and trying to turn him into a martyr at the expense of the police and to the monetary benefit of the family.

If someone who is under the influence is at a greater risk to be seriously injured or even killed by a taser.... like the guy in LM as well as LaDay, do you think we could see some legislation calling tasers deadly force?

Good question...maybe law enforcement will be required to ask a suspect if they are messed up on drugs..If they say yes, they can't be tasered...If they say no...fire away.  ::)

IMO  if you're under the influence and break the law..."too bad...so sad"  as to the outcome.

What I find that is interesting is his mother's comments in the Beaumont Enterprise. She is quoted as saying that she doesn't care what was in his body, it didn't cause his death and only the cops did.That shows her entire intent in this process. No matter the medical facts, no matter the circumstances, no matter what actually happened.... only that the cops can be shown to be at fault and that nothing that her son did could have contributed to his own death.

It looks to me as if a person died entirely of his own actions and the family is attempting to take his self induced accidental death and trying to turn him into a martyr at the expense of the police and to the monetary benefit of the family.

Sounds to me like Qualude X has helped poison this poor woman's mind in the quest for a $$$ settlement.

I surely hope LPD doesn't cave in and give them a payoff to shut them up.

If someone who is under the influence is at a greater risk to be seriously injured or even killed by a taser.... like the guy in LM as well as LaDay, do you think we could see some legislation calling tasers deadly force?

Good question...maybe law enforcement will be required to ask a suspect if they are messed up on drugs..If they say yes, they can't be tasered...If they say no...fire away.  ::)

IMO  if you're under the influence and break the law..."too bad...so sad"  as to the outcome.

I agree. Just another way to tie law enforcement's hands.

What I find that is interesting is his mother's comments in the Beaumont Enterprise. She is quoted as saying that she doesn't care what was in his body, it didn't cause his death and only the cops did.That shows her entire intent in this process. No matter the medical facts, no matter the circumstances, no matter what actually happened.... only that the cops can be shown to be at fault and that nothing that her son did could have contributed to his own death.

Sounds to me like Qualude X has helped poison this poor woman's mind in the quest for a $$$ settlement.

Why would they pay them off to shut up if they now have some evidence that they did nothing wrong???

I believe that eventually you will simply from the continued outcry from "victims".

The Taser is a pain compliance defense tool. It is the same as OC (pepper) spray and a baton. People in custody have died from those applications of pain also and some in just fighting with the police with no weapons used. Apparently when the heart is stressed due to some kinds of intoxication, added stress can push it over the edge.

There was the case of Nathaniel Jones in Cincinnati a few years ago. The guy was overweight and had taken PCP and cocaine. During a fight with the police, he died. The police used Pepper Spray on him and the autopsy stated that the stress of the fight and the spray caused his death. Also from that autopsy, it said that Jones had several "lethal" health problems and that the "struggle" caused his death. It was not that he was beaten to death and not that OC spray is lethal in itself but simply that a person that was overweight like Jones was and taking some potentially lethal drugs, the fight pushed him over the edge.

The activists in the area blamed the OC spray. They demanded that the police buy Tasers in order to quickly subdue a person fighting and get away from the long lasting effects of the OC. Taser pain goes away immediately (I've been shocked with it three times). In that case, the OC was made to be the culprit.

So while I would not be shocked to think that Tasers will eventually be regulated as some kind of deadly force, I don't see how it will help. Remember, a Taser is an alternative to deadly force. If you place a Taser in the same category of a pistol (which making it deadly force would do) then what would be the point of using a Taser and simply opt for the pistol instead? Tasers have saved many lives and very many injuries to both citizens and the police. I am sure that it will eventually be taken away and we will mainly go back to baton strikes to subdue people. I guess they will feel that is progress.

I believe that eventually you will simply from the continued outcry from "victims".

The Taser is a pain compliance defense tool. It is the same as OC (pepper) spray and a baton. People in custody have died from those applications of pain also and some in just fighting with the police with no weapons used. Apparently when the heart is stressed due to some kinds of intoxication, added stress can push it over the edge.

There was the case of Nathaniel Jones in Cincinnati a few years ago. The guy was overweight and had taken PCP and cocaine. During a fight with the police, he died. The police used Pepper Spray on him and the autopsy stated that the stress of the fight and the spray caused his death. Also from that autopsy, it said that Jones had several "lethal" health problems and that the "struggle" caused his death. It was not that he was beaten to death and not that OC spray is lethal in itself but simply that a person that was overweight like Jones was and taking some potentially lethal drugs, the fight pushed him over the edge.

The activists in the area blamed the OC spray. They demanded that the police buy Tasers in order to quickly subdue a person fighting and get away from the long lasting effects of the OC. Taser pain goes away immediately (I've been shocked with it three times). In that case, the OC was made to be the culprit.

So while I would not be shocked to think that Tasers will eventually be regulated as some kind of deadly force, I don't see how it will help. Remember, a Taser is an alternative to deadly force. If you place a Taser in the same category of a pistol (which making it deadly force would do) then what would be the point of using a Taser and simply opt for the pistol instead? Tasers have saved many lives and very many injuries to both citizens and the police. I am sure that it will eventually be taken away and we will mainly go back to baton strikes to subdue people. I guess they will feel that is progress.

thanks... well put.

Why would they pay them off to shut up if they now have some evidence that they did nothing wrong???

From what she said in the Enterprise, I don't see this going away anytime soon.  Maybe they are hoping that if they keep it in the media  (with X's help) that LPD will get to the point where they will come to a settlement just to make it go away.   It has worked in other cases...and afterall...Q X  doesn't work for free  ;)

$$$$$$$$

The insurance game. It is better to pay $10,000 in hush money than to spend $40,000 proving your innocence. Lawsuits can take many thousands of dollars simply in the preliminary stages before anything ever gets close to a courtroom. By the time you pay attorney fees, private investigator fees, legal processes and the hours spent in depositions, it can run into quite a tab.

So a lawyer or firm will file a suit, ask for a large amount of money (or undetermined) and make the defendant risk losing six figures or more, let's say a request for $500,000 in damages and lost wages, etc. Obviously the city won't roll over and pay that. Now to fight it and prove no responsibility (or even potentially lose, no matter the facts) it might take the example of $40,000 in legal fees.

Why not simply settle out of court for a fraction of the original lawsuit, maybe $10,000 or up to $30,000? The city and their insurance (who will have a huge bearing on the litigation since they will be paying probably at least half) would rather make the financial decision of paying less than it would cost to defend their actions. They could "win" a lawsuit for $40,000 in legal fees or pay a lesser amount and claim no responsibility.

That is the lawsuit and insurance game. Make it so expensive to win that it is better to pay a ransom of a lesser amount.

I am sure that some deal will be worked out where a lawsuit will be filed, the lawyers behind the scenes will work out a deal and the family will get some much smaller sum of money. They will claim victory and vindication and the city will save the taxpayers money by settling for less than it would cost to win.

What a joke.  This woman's motives can't be questioned now, can they?  Originally, we could say that she was upset and just wanted answers.  Now we know that she's upset and just wanted money.  I hope she loses respect in the community for this, but i'm sure that there will be plenty out there who want to make this guy a martyr for their own causes, even if he was responsible for his own death. 

I believe there is a Cher Song.......If I could turn back time.  Always wait till the facts come in!

Remember these.............

Now I joke and play around about race a lot on here, but this is serious:  A MAN (black, white or green) IS DEAD at the hands of the Lumberton Police...We dont really know what happened, who was at fault, but we DO know that the LUMBERTON PD was right there in the middle of it.  They TASED him...He DIED...Dont you people see that this is a PROBLEM? No matter WHAT his criminal record looked like, he had not received a DEATH SENTENCE....It NEEDED to be looked into...A man is DEAD and all this grieving MOTHER wants is answers...HOW can you blame her for calling for an investigation?

tvc 184...The guy was not murdered by aliens... ::)...The Lumberton police had SOMETHING to do with that guys death...Where there is smoke, there is fire....we have a barn burner in this case!! AND the TASER was PROBABLY unnecessary force in this case as well....PROBABLY...I would be willing to bet..

Sooooo, no he had to be a crackhead, right? Good ole se Texas.... ::)...Unbelieveable... ???

Thats the biggest crock of BS I have ever heard!! You mean to tell me that because of his background he is more likely to have caused his OWN DEATH!! Did he tase himself?? wow....ONLY IN SE TEXAS... ::)...Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. :o

Guest tigersvoice

This Mother had already hired a "Specialty" lawyer from LA before daylight broke the day after her son's death.  For sure "Qualude X's" appearance here DID NOT HELP TO CLARIFY ANYTHING and only incited a situation that obviously was already running high on the intense-meter, but the money motive had already been exposed before "X" got

here.  And the notion of martyrdom; I'm of the opinion that she never

had that thought in mind at all.     

Guest DickVitale

It was STILL a senseless tragedy, and whether he was high on drugs or not, he did not deserve to die.  Apparently he needed some help, but you people in SE Texas are so quick to pass judgement when people make mistakes, but this guy is dead...Just who do you people think you are? I have never taken a drug in my life, yet I STILL refuse to say that this person deserved what happened to him...Dont throw stones when you live in a glass house. I do also feel bad for the police officers that were accused of killing him, because they went to work that evening not expecting to have this happen and they didnt deserve that either. Sad tale all the way around.