HJ looking for one team for 09 Basketball Marathon

Guest nostradamus

Guest nostradamus

Just had a team drop and need to fill with a local team preferrably.  6 game guarantee and will be the BEST tournament in SETX on this weekend!!!!

Dec. 10-12

Contact Clay Davis @ HJHS

Field:

Hardin-Jefferson           

Anahuac

LCM

Kountze

Lumberton

Legacy

WOS

Aransas Pass

Gladewater Sabine

Crockett

Bullard

Huntington

Krum

Valley View

East Chambers

Just had a team drop and need to fill with a local team preferrably.  6 game guarantee and will be the BEST tournament in SETX on this weekend!!!!

Field:

Hardin-Jefferson           

Anahuac

LCM

Kountze

Lumberton

Legacy

WOS

Aransas Pass

Gladewater Sabine

Crockett

Bullard

Huntington

Krum

Valley View

East Chambers

HJ need to bring their game to the boot june 5-6

Guest DickVitale

This is DickyV's chance to come back to the SE Texas slums and go 0-6 in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

0-6 in THAT field of teams?? You have got to be kidding me! Aside from getting homered by HJ refs against them and only winning by like 10, the rest of that field is not even worth the gas and lodging!!  :D :D...Just joking...Nos, PM me and we can see what gives...Seriously, 6 games sounds great!! I want in....Really...

Guest stevenash

I thought they prefer a local team? Might look bad if a private school came in and dominated

the tourney with a 1-3-1 full court press

What would be wrong with bringing in the 2013-2015 state champs?

I thought they prefer a local team? Might look bad if a private school came in and dominated

the tourney with a 1-3-1 full court press

What would be wrong with bringing in the 2013-2015 state champs?

Based only on age and physical strengths ONLY, I would not advise the young ones to play at this time. The older kids would get upset after the younger ones hit a few shots and start playing too rough ;D

Dec. 10-12

Contact Clay Davis @ HJHS

Field:

Hardin-Jefferson           

Anahuac

LCM

Kountze

Lumberton

Legacy

WOS

Aransas Pass

Gladewater Sabine

Crockett

Bullard

Huntington

Krum

Valley View

East Chambers

I guess the Lakers and Celtics were busy that weekend?.......Bartlett says theres a good chance Huntington could go 0-6 out of that little field trip...............

Guest DickVitale

Hey Nos.....I want in that tourney! PM me with more info, unless I am not local enough being less than 90 miles away... ::)....6 game guarantee, good attendance in a basketball loved area = a good tourney....Let me know if I can get in, seriously.

Hey Nos.....I want in that tourney! PM me with more info, unless I am not local enough being less than 90 miles away... ::)....6 game guarantee, good attendance in a basketball loved area = a good tourney....Let me know if I can get in, seriously.

That couldn't be it. Crockett has to be over 90 miles from Beaumont, right? So thats not a valid reason. Maybe all the teams have signed up?

Guest spinks

That couldn't be it. Crockett has to be over 90 miles from Beaumont, right? So thats not a valid reason. Maybe all the teams have signed up?

Bluedove...........dont stick your nose where it doesn't belong...........he said the last team in would preferrably be a local team...........I would guess because they have used all of their budget as far as getting a team from out of town in hotels.  Bad attempt at pot stirring.

Bluedove...........dont stick your nose where it doesn't belong...........he said the last team in would preferrably be a local team...........I would guess because they have used all of their budget as far as getting a team from out of town in hotels.  Bad attempt at pot stirring.

Budget? Do you realize the school DV will be coaching, the students drive BMW's to school. They ain't worried about no budget.

Guest stevenash

JETHRO Clampett

They call me Milburn Drysdale and I do not fish in the cement pond.

Well, you need to EDUCATE ELLY MAE out there in the rice paddies 8)

Can't do that.  Too busy wooing Granny.

Guest DickVitale

Let DV in. Let DV in!!

:D I guess they want to insure a championship in their tourney at HJ.... ::)....I know they are not scared of a lil competition....not HJ... ::)...Ozen wants in too...They might not be local enough either... ::) ::)....I am only joking, by the way...Wouldn't want Todd's wife coming on here defending her hubby...I am only JOKING!!! 8)....Clay let me know what was going on with that spot...They are afraid!  ;D ;D (NOT REALLY)

Whoa-aa! Wait a minute! Am I living in a different time now? I always thought teams wanted to play the best competition available. Have times changed? Is HJ use to playing in a weak district and have forgotten how to play competition outside of East Texas? Or is it possible that HJ feels DV's team may not be strong enough to compete?

Guest DickVitale

Whoa-aa! Wait a minute! Am I living in a different time now? I always thought teams wanted to play the best competition available. Have times changed? Is HJ use to playing in a weak district and have forgotten how to play competition outside of East Texas? Or is it possible that HJ feels DV's team may not be strong enough to compete?

Who knows.... ::) I bet its not the latter of your questions though.... ;) If that was the thought, I would have BEEN IN, no questions asked.... ::);)

Guest stevenash

Last time I checked HJ plays a tourney every year outside of SE or East Texas.  They have played in the FW Bagg Tourney and also play in the Aransas Pass tourney!!!!!

Aransas Pass? I didn't know it was big enough to host a major tournament.

Dove, you know da_n well that HJ is probably holding that position open for the 2013-2015 state champs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder