PICS Of PN-G Spring Practice/Movie Night

Yeah, its great I guess.  You can have people lay around on the turf and watch a movie on a scoreboard but the district has decided to no longer have graduation ceremonies in the stadium. We have it in the Montagne Center now.  Just add this to the other things the seniors have gotten screwed out of.

Yeah, its great I guess.  You can have people lay around on the turf and watch a movie on a scoreboard but the district has decided to no longer have graduation ceremonies in the stadium. We have it in the Montagne Center now.  Just add this to the other things the seniors have gotten screwed out of.

There was actually some talk of that at the school. The district decided to keep it at the Montagne Center because, apparently, at some point in the past, graduation has had to be postponed due to the weather. Take it for what it's worth, it is hearsay, but, as much as I hate the loss of that tradition, it seems like a reasonable move.

There was actually some talk of that at the school. The district decided to keep it at the Montagne Center because, apparently, at some point in the past, graduation has had to be postponed due to the weather. Take it for what it's worth, it is hearsay, but, as much as I hate the loss of that tradition, it seems like a reasonable move.

I remember back in the late 80's or early 90's PN-G using the Montagne Center. My sister's in '92 was rained out in the stadium so they did it in the old gym and needless to say only 2 family members were allowed in per student. Tradition or not I graduated in the stadium in '98 and it was flippin hot!

ShlyKBMT you graduated with my daughter...it was hot and the mosquitos were bad.  I graduated in the stadium, the heat with the cap and gown on was almost unbearable.  Only thing that helped was I had on cutoffs, a tank top and dress shoes.  I had pinned the gown closed at the bottom and they never saw what I had on.  lol

I only hope that holding it i the Montagne doesn't reduce the number of people attending Project Graduation.  That's such an awesome night for the kids.

That probably won't be any kind of factor in your Project Graduation attendance, it doesn't with other schools. Alot of schools have started using the Montagne Center and formerly the Civic center simply because their gyms can't support the numbers that graduations can't usually bring out and weather is a huge factor in using stadiums. When I graduated Lumberton in '77, about a thousand years ago, we practiced out on the football field and a monsoon came the day of graduation so it was held in our gym, with 68 grads I remember it being standing room only even then.

ShlyKBMT you graduated with my daughter...it was hot and the mosquitos were bad.  I graduated in the stadium, the heat with the cap and gown on was almost unbearable.  Only thing that helped was I had on cutoffs, a tank top and dress shoes.  I had pinned the gown closed at the bottom and they never saw what I had on.  lol

Ha, I wore a sleevless baseball jersey shorts and sandals LOL my parents said they didn't care.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder