the team to beat in the 09-10 season

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurger could very easily represent region 3 in Austin next season.They were young this year but really matured as the season went on.They will have a very good inside out game with Whittacre and Blankenship and a very capable PG in McGallion if he stays healty.In 3-a you goota like Cleveland.They have a good young BIG in the paint and perimeter players everywhere you look.

spurger is in reg 4 and they should make it to the state tournament. but the teams to beat in 1A are cayuga and tenaha. cayuga has basically all their players coming back and all they have to do is get past that regional tournament in SFA and they will be good to go.

Spurger could very easily represent region 3 in Austin next season.They were young this year but really matured as the season went on.They will have a very good inside out game with Whittacre and Blankenship and a very capable PG in McGallion if he stays healty.In 3-a you goota like Cleveland.They have a good young BIG in the paint and perimeter players everywhere you look.

spurger is in reg 4 and they should make it to the state tournament. but the teams to beat in 1A are cayuga and tenaha. cayuga has basically all their players coming back and all they have to do is get past that regional tournament in SFA and they will be good to go.

Yuga will not get out off the regional tournment,every year they have the best team,but never get out off SFA.Will 2010 be the same.

Spurger will be the team to beat in region 3 until someone proves otherwise. And you can not tell what kind of team Sabine Pass will have, now that they can pull kids out of Port Aurthur, The team that might  get in the mix this year will be the Rebels. Evadale will still be young again this year with only two Sr. but the Jrs that play will have played two years at the varsity level. They will have plenty of size this year .Sr Bradshaw 6'3'' , Jrs Stark 6'3" Tucker6'3" Dunigan 6'5" Soph Murphy 6'1 and Totten 6'0. Should give the Rebels a strong inside game. The one thing that they are lacking is speed. They have 3 players ,Herrington, Potts, Bruce, that could step up at the point. As soon as one of (them )decide that the spot is theres the team will start to come around.  If they work at it they could give  the top teams a run for one of the playoff spots. They played every game close this year and they were Fr, Soph, Jrs with only one Sr. That experience will payoff this year.

Hey guys! You miss me?  ;D I've been busy with exams and what not!

But i think the team to beat next season is Cleveland! I mean they came really close to beating us in the playoffs!!! They started like 3 or 4 sophmores I believe, so they will be REALLY good the next couple of seasons!!!!!!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

Hey guys! You miss me?  ;D I've been busy with exams and what not!

But i think the team to beat next season is Cleveland! I mean they came really close to beating us in the playoffs!!! They started like 3 or 4 sophmores I believe, so they will be REALLY good the next couple of seasons!!!!!!!!!!

Nope!  Didn't miss you.

Yuga will not get out off the regional tournment,every year they have the best team,but never get out off SFA.Will 2010 be the same.

Yuga is a 1A with 4A athletes........they are loaded this year and their key player is back....may come down to Yuga and Tenaha.....

I agree evadale played good this year and will be tough next year they will suprise people. Spurger will be very good again.  I am confused though, its sounds as if you think SP is recruiting. How many new transfers do you think were on the JV or Varsity this year? NONE

25-1a will be very interesting again next year

Sorry did not mean to implie that SP was recruiting .Just didn't think that many kids were still ( living) in SP . Thought most were not back in there homes yet,from the storm, and with that said anyone can say that they are going to move back and with PA being so close it would be easy for a kid that does not wont to play at Momoral to play in SP. You are right 25 -1a will be fun to watch this year.

Sorry did not mean to implie that SP was recruiting .Just didn't think that many kids were still ( living) in SP . Thought most were not back in there homes yet,from the storm, and with that said anyone can say that they are going to move back and with PA being so close it would be easy for a kid that does not wont to play at Momoral to play in SP. You are right 25 -1a will be fun to watch this year.

i think spurger will come out on top of the 25-1a district again next season.

Cleveland started 5 sophmores last year, so they will be as strong or tougher. Heard one of the 5 was moving though....

Hope he moves to the HJ school district!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Funny you would bring that up. My sources tell me that the player will soon be a Silsbee Tiger. He has family here. ;)

Cleveland started 5 sophmores last year, so they will be as strong or tougher. Heard one of the 5 was moving though....

Hope he moves to the HJ school district!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Funny you would bring that up. My sources tell me that the player will soon be a Silsbee Tiger. He has family here. ;)

Rumors told me he was going to Atascocita...Good athlete (Football/Basketball)

I saw Sabine Pass play in Nederlands summer league.They beat Nederland by 10(NED only had two of there 5 starts) Beat Kelly but lost to Pn-g by 4

The whole team is looking good.

Don't matter who comes in 1st place Spurger and Sabine Pass both will meet in the playoffs...Hopfully

Saw Spurger play a couple weeks ago @ Huntington shootout. They looked good. Wish we had the post man..... :'(

How did they come out in the shootout? Was all their starters playing?

Third I believe, but they made a good showing......I think all starters were there.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder