PINTO DIRECTOR'S TOURNAMENT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...who will be running the music at PA?  That was a cool feature last year -- like a big league game. 

The music will be going, the scoreboard lite up the field well extremely fast, and the grill burning. O and the weather HOT!!!!! HIT AND RUN BABY, HIT AND RUN! ;)

So...who will be running the music at PA?  That was a cool feature last year -- like a big league game. 

The music will be going, the scoreboard lite up the field well extremely fast, and the grill burning. O and the weather HOT!!!!! HIT AND RUN BABY, HIT AND RUN! ;)

Have me a double meat and cheese burger ready about 2:15 tomorrow GOAT!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Have me a double meat and cheese burger ready about 2:15 tomorrow GOAT!!!!!!!!! :D :D

LOL, we'll see what we can do. It still cost money though. You don't get that much LOVE. ;D

And the Cubs batting facility has been moved to a more secure location for today and tommorow morning (since we play the late game).  You will never find it no matter how hard you try    ;)

you guys are good!.Always one step ahead of me!

It gets even better! Coach Gilligan has already offered scholarships to 2 of the Cubs! Coach Hal is THE MAN!

Wait, that goes against some of what I heard. I was told by my Lamar contacts that the scholarships were turned down because of the fact that the kids were set to be drafted next month in the MLB amateur draft. The Nats have been having a hard time deciding between the two Vidor kids and the 103 mph throwing Stephen Strasburg.

A couple of corrections...First, Tex Coug was right (as usaul) about Vidor 4 being White SOx and Vidor 5 being Cardinals.

Secondly, Tex Coug is the HC / Manager and brainchild behind the Cubs program this season and also the keeper of the hitting facility.  I merely lead the cheers and keep my arm waving over there at 3rd base.

How does Tex Coug fly under the radar so much?  You guys really need to get to know him better.... :)

And good luck to all the teams and thanks in advance The GOAT and everyone else from PA putting this thing on.  We may not last long enough to really enjoy it, but it is still appreciated.

A couple of corrections...First, Tex Coug was right (as usaul) about Vidor 4 being White SOx and Vidor 5 being Cardinals.

Secondly, Tex Coug is the HC / Manager and brainchild behind the Cubs program this season and also the keeper of the hitting facility.  I merely lead the cheers and keep my arm waving over there at 3rd base.

How does Tex Coug fly under the radar so much?  You guys really need to get to know him better.... :)

And good luck to all the teams and thanks in advance The GOAT and everyone else from PA putting this thing on.  We may not last long enough to really enjoy it, but it is still appreciated.

We like you as the front man Hal.That way whatever we do or say you get the grief. ;)

There was some good play out there from what I have heard.  There are only 2 Orange Teams left from what I have gathered, TGreen's and the Nationals.

I might be a sore loser but things just did not go our way in Groves and I am not too sure I will go back over there to play in future events.  It bothers me a little when the opposing fans erupt in cheer when a 7 year old gets struck out by a coach pitcher, even if the game is tied up.  I think we had a couple of "decent" umpires but they were not great.  Our coach pitcher was reprimanded and I do mean reprimanded when he handed the player, who just scored a run,  the bat to take to the dugout and commented "Great Hit".  He did it twice and was cautioned the second time again.  I know two coach pitchers that complimented their batters at the Port Arthur fields today.  They were not coaching, just complimenting them.

The second issue was the opposing coach pitcher bursting out onto the field of play between 2nd, 3rd and the mound while the ball was live in order to disrupt play as their left fielder had been hit in the chin while fielding a grounder near the fence.  The player had thrown the ball in and then went down.  There were already coaches heading out that way and were to him when the other coach came onto the field.  I thought that would have been an ejection or something of that nature, instead, our runner that was on 3rd was placed back at 2nd and play resumed.  It was obvious it was to stop play and keep a run from scoring in a close game.  The injured player was out at the fence near the left field line and they were the home team so it was a straight shot to the player that was down, no coach had any business in the infield where the play was happening.

We have a decent team in Orange but it seems that there is some stiff competition in the Vidor ranks.  We watched a Vidor team, the Rangers I think, work on another decent Orange team, they were fielding great and banging the ball.  Come to find out, today was the only game they have won this year and it was in the tournament.

Congrats to the TC Storm as the only TC team to still be alive.  The Orange Red Sox put a beat down on my TC Express.  Green's team is very good and I will say that the TC Express did not show up it was still fun.  Best of luck to all team's remaining.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder