Astros questions and comment

I bought an HDTV for Christmas for two reason, MLB and college football. I have been an Astros fan since they were the old Colt .45.

Questions are these gentlemen ( and ladies.)

1. If we had an ownership change, could or would we get any better?

2. Will the owner give Cecil Copper anything to work with in the near or distant future? Or will the man be fired like so many others because you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

3. Generally try and catch a weekend series at the park Fri-Sun. We catch the games and hit some restaurants, do a little shopping, stay in a nice hotel. any suggestions who we might want to see? ( I am looking at a June/ July/ first of August time frame. Before I have to go back to work.)

Thanks!

Guest 11/13Dad

Two good looking series for you.  I have always loved interleague play, don't know if you do.   Good Fri-Sun series against Detroit Tigers June 26-28,  Also good series against the Mets, a talented team, this year and every year.  They play them in July 24-26 again Fri-Sun.  Stay away from the weekend series with the Nationals.  Also the one with the Pirates, it seems like to me sometimes they play the Pirates 50 times a year, dime a dozen.

Just my .02

I bought an HDTV for Christmas for two reason, MLB and college football. I have been an Astros fan since they were the old Colt .45.

Questions are these gentlemen ( and ladies.)

1. If we had an ownership change, could or would we get any better?

2. Will the owner give Cecil Copper anything to work with in the near or distant future? Or will the man be fired like so many others because you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

3. Generally try and catch a weekend series at the park Fri-Sun. We catch the games and hit some restaurants, do a little shopping, stay in a nice hotel. any suggestions who we might want to see? ( I am looking at a June/ July/ first of August time frame. Before I have to go back to work.)

Thanks!

1. Possible. Drayton McLane is a LOT better than John McMullen, but he still is a cheapskate.

2. Nope. They are gonna keep shopping the bargain basement for players and if a bargain player does well, they will not resign him for his worth (Ask Randy Wolf)

3. Check out the House of Blues Sunday Brunch at Minute Maid. I haven't been, but it looks good

I too, am a long suffering Astros fan. I used to go to the 'Dome 6-7 time a season, but haven't been since theymoved to the Juice Box. Why? I used to take my nephew and sit in the outfield and holler at Jose Cruz. My seat was $4 and the kids were $1.  Now the oufield seats are "Crawford boxes" and are about 40 bucks a seat. I can't afford to do this anymore.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476