**HF at WOS Updates...2-1 WO-S Wins!!!!!!**

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know the coach won't handle it?  Just because the coach doesn't dress down the kid there in front of the fans, doesn't mean it isn't addressed in private, where it should be taken care of.  This was a great game to watch if you like nail biters.  I'm sure HF will pull themselves up and take care of business the rest of the season.  Everyone is entitled to an off night, but this better be the last one.

it seems like we have heard similar comments all year about hf and the lack of discipline shown among the players. i don't see much response from our hf friends which is unusual for them. hf players are making a habit of showing themselves time and time again resulting in several ejections thus year. 

How do you know the coach won't handle it?  Just because the coach doesn't dress down the kid there in front of the fans, doesn't mean it isn't addressed in private, where it should be taken care of.   This was a great game to watch if you like nail biters.  I'm sure HF will pull themselves up and take care of business the rest of the season.  Everyone is entitled to an off night, but this better be the last one.

If he was going to handle it, he would have addressed it the first time it happened, like 20 games ago.  Unfortunately, I've seen it way too many times this season.  That's how I know he won't address it, at least not to the extent that he should.  If he did address it appropriately, then it wouldn't happen over and over again.  I hope this team can pull it together before it's too late.

Many of us have witnessed it time and time again.  And don't think ejections are the only thing that counts as bad behavior.  Those are just the times the umpires have had enough.  Many times the umps are concentrating on umpiring when those in attendance get to see much more, and unfortunately, the guilty ones have given us much to see. 

How do you know the coach won't handle it?  Just because the coach doesn't dress down the kid there in front of the fans, doesn't mean it isn't addressed in private, where it should be taken care of.   This was a great game to watch if you like nail biters.  I'm sure HF will pull themselves up and take care of business the rest of the season.  Everyone is entitled to an off night, but this better be the last one.

I disagree. I think it should be addressed when it happens. I don't know that much about the kids at HF. I have seen them play 3 or 4 and I think they have some athletes. That being said, it's disturbing to see how the coach allows them to act.  If I could tell kids one thing, I would tell them that they never know who is watching. Scouts are everywhere. If you think they don't look at attitude, you're wrong.

Several - meaning 2.  I really haven't seen that HF is acting any worse than others they have played.  It all depends on the tolerance level of the ump on a given night.  You really shouldn't go by what you HEAR.

Do you think it's OK have 2 kids ejected. Seriously making excuses will not help the problem. I have been to a lot of games this year in 3A and 4A. I haven't seen any other team act the way the kids from HF act. I don't know who the kids are and it's not all of them but the few make the team look bad and undisciplined.

Guest bleed orange

Where are the parents of these kids? Forget the coach parents should step up and take care of it.

Good post, you beat me to the punch. I agree with what you said. Why  are not the parents of these kids addressing the problem. If the parents are allowing their kids to act this way then there is no way they will back a coach if he decides to discipline the kids in question.

Now back to the game. Anderson pitched one heck of a game. WO-S put the bat on the ball all night and finally they started to fall in. The defense played great except for one miscue resulting in the only HF run. After watching the WO-S program for many years the one thing that really shows to me that they are heading in the right direction is something I saw that might have gone un-noticed by many. After the error which cost WO-S a run and gave HF a shot at tying or winning the game there were no heads down or bad talk to the kid who misplayed the ball. Every team member was picking him up and staying positive. That attitude has been missing for a long time. This team plays as a team and has lost some games as a team. They show what team sports are about. Good game guys and keep it rolling!

Where are the parents of these kids? Forget the coach parents should step up and take care of it.

Good post, you beat me to the punch. I agree with what you said. Why  are not the parents of these kids addressing the problem. If the parents are allowing their kids to act this way then there is no way they will back a coach if he decides to discipline the kids in question.

It's not confine to HF because every town has their projects. We had a game week back and one of the better players heave the bat and here we go. Everywhere there are kids there will be some lack of. Cannot put it on the coach but we as parents have to handle otherwise junior grows up not so good.

Many of us have witnessed it time and time again.  And don't think ejections are the only thing that counts as bad behavior.  Those are just the times the umpires have had enough.  Many times the umps are concentrating on umpiring when those in attendance get to see much more, and unfortunately, the guilty ones have given us much to see. 

Well, you are right about one thing as an ump, I concentrate on the game on the field. The dugout and stands are really of no concern to me. It takes all my concentration to be where I need to be and stay on top of everthing ON THE FIELD. Now let me say this. I was behind the plate for this game and both teams played hard and acted like sportmen should as far as I saw. Both teams players were very cordial and had smiles on their faces evertime I talked to them. I had good conversations with both catchers (Joran fromd WOS and Kyle from HF) all night long and never heard anything negative. After the game several HF players walked up, shook my hand and said good game. You expect that from the winning team (which they did) but when the team that lost does, that shows class to me. So let's not throw these kids under the bus for a couple of isolated incidents.

Great game at WO-S tonight!! Zane Anderson pitched a terrific game tonight, worked himself out of a couple of really tough jams. The pickoff at first killed HF, they really had the table set and were ready to do some damage. Anderson kept HF off balance all night, the mustangs got some timely hits, and HF did not play well defensively. A true nail biter until the end. One observation from the game is that HF really lacks any discipline, they are really bad at yelling at each other and the kid that threw the helmet when they pinch ran for him needs to be glad he wasn't playing anywhere else because he would have paid for that outburst no doubt. I believe the same guy hit a long foul ball and ran the bases until it was called foul, then he walks from behind the mound all the way back to the box like he's Manny Ramirez or something, really showed some attitude.

one play killed the game for hf?? what about the lack of hits and the multiple errors???how about thinking before you post

This is absolutely insane talking about these kids like this. There have been 2 ejections that were adressed by suspending the kids so dont say its not being taken care of. The kid lost his head a little bit in a very frustrating game and tossed his helmet and it was addressed I promise you. I have no idea what everyone has against this team this year but its getting ridicoulous. We had a tough loss last night it happens we will get over it and move on but its time for people to accept that were a good team this year with a group of good kids so stop bashing them and let them play and be proud to play and watch this district race unfold.

Congrats to WOS!

On the other note:

Our kids, what ever school they may attend, need to remember the old saying, "One bad apple spoils the bunch."

People tend to remember the one kid who has a lapse in judgement, not the 13 other players that are not showing their rears. Not fair, but true.

HF baseball has many fine young men representing their school. Please don't judge the whole basket because of the actions of one.

Steerman,

you obviously are a bit touchy on this subject aren't ya? I believe in my previous post I said HF "did not play well defensively",  go back and read it. The pickoff play at first took away the only momentum HF really ever had so it did have a great effect on the game. No HF did not hit the ball, "Anderson kept them off balance"!! Another blatant oversight on your blue and gold part. You are the one who needs to read before you post. Get a clue, get some discipline, and get ready for your next game.

???Just curious.  I attended the HFvsWOS varsity game in WOS. I have attended all the HF baseball games this year and have not observed most of the behaviors attributed to the HF players on this web site.  Did we attend the same games?  I am more concerned that parents, fans, and players from HF and opposing teams feel that it is appropriate to hide behind an anonymous name and make "false, defamatory, inaccurate and abusive" statements in violation of the agreement to use this site.

Congratulations to WOS.  Both pitchers did an outstanding job proving the caliber of athletes we have in this part of the State.  It provides a lot of fun for the spectators as well as the thrill of competition for the players.  Unless you are the player, the umpire, or the coach, you do not know what and why of actions the field.  All the rest is only speculations and assumptions.  All the players across the district deserve our encouragement and support not torn apart by innuendoes and mistruths.     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder