PNG injuries!

Guest gladiator2

Guest gladiator2

PNG has several injuries to key player's. It does seem to be at the right time as for as the schedule goes. The pitching staff is pretty depleted. Luckily we have some depth. I believe the new A.D. is making his presence known during the athletic period. From what I understand we have a lot of dead legs. These kid's have never been through what they are going through with the new chief. It will all be good in the end. From what I understand they ran 60/40yd dashes in a 1:20, they had trash cans lined up for the sick ones. Keep working guys it will become easier after all the soreness wears off.

That does WONDERS for the baseball program, I tell ya.  ??? ??? ???

That's probably why we have a hard time getting a baseball team to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs in 4A/5A schools in our area.  I know that statement will make all of the football fans go crazy, but it's the truth.  How many kids in our area (at the bigger schools) spend their spring-summer getting ready for football, only to find that they have no chance of making it to the next level...yet if they worked on baseball, they could get into college?

Guest coach07

PNG does not have a baseball athletic period?

i'm sure they do but i'm guessing that the underclassmen who are gonna play football next year are in the football athletic period and go to baseball practice after school...i think the baseball period is for seniors who are done with football and underclassmen who don't play football...i could be wrong though

Guest gladiator2

No one said anything about a baseball athletic period. Yes, they are all in athletics and they are participating in the football offseason program. Anyone that is playing football next year has to participate in the offseason program. Right now PNG is nursing injuries to Spikes,Benoit,Sweetingham,Denzlinger, and a slew of others with dead legs. Don't believe all of the names above are related to the offseason workouts or not. This information came from a few of the player's. As sore as they are, they are pumped up about where PNG athletics are headed. They seem to really like Faircloth even though he is working the s--t out of them. Stone has a pretty brutal running regiman also. It has worked for a long time! Go get'em INDIANS!

Guest patriot117

No one said anything about a baseball athletic period. Yes, they are all in athletics and they are participating in the football offseason program. Anyone that is playing football next year has to participate in the offseason program. Right now PNG is nursing injuries to Spikes,Benoit,Sweetingham,Denzlinger, and a slew of others with dead legs. Don't believe all of the names above are related to the offseason workouts or not. This information came from a few of the player's. As sore as they are, they are pumped up about where PNG athletics are headed. They seem to really like Faircloth even though he is working the s--t out of them. Stone has a pretty brutal running regiman also. It has worked for a long time! Go get'em INDIANS!

That's why there was a question mark. I understand that a football coach wants his players in the offseason program, especially when he is implementing his program. I just find it hard to believe that the VARSITY baseball players would be required to participate during their Varsity season. We hear so much garbage about "sharing athletes", but in reality the coaches seem to want kids in only ONE sport, THEIRS!

Nederland has been doing this for years so get used to it. This is what happens when you bring in a out-of-towner Coach that the School Board doesn't control. Football is #1, everything else is just gravy. How about some Camp Fun to go with your vigorous workouts? Please do not respond with "Whats Camp Fun?" You will show your ignorance. Guaranteed P.N.G. is not working any harder on Football than Nederland is, but if it makes you feel better you can think that.

That's why there was a question mark. I understand that a football coach wants his players in the offseason program, especially when he is implementing his program. I just find it hard to believe that the VARSITY baseball players would be required to participate during their Varsity season. We hear so much garbage about "sharing athletes", but in reality the coaches seem to want kids in only ONE sport, THEIRS!

Unbelievable....

WE NEED A NEW COACH!!!  WAA WAA....GET RID OF BURNET....WAA WAA..........

WE GOT A NEW COACH!!!  YEA............................................

THE NEW COACH IS WORKING THEM TOO HARD!!!  WAA WAA........

Come on man.  ???

Guest patriot117

Unbelievable....

Come on man.   ???

Go ahead, work their behinds off! Just do not expect a Varsity baseball player to participate until AFTER his season is complete! A little common sense goes a long way. Respect the other coaches programs too. No crying here, just the opinion from an observer on the west end of I-10.

As far as i know Vidor is the only team in the area that releases their Varsity Baseball Players from Football. Houston is different than us. We have several multi sport athletes that go thru football drills during the day and compete in their sport after school. This is not a crutch or excuse just as a example. It will be interesting to see if P.N.G. Baseball Players get released from Football Spring Training, it will start for them at Baseball Playoff time. On another note, was that a new American Flag i noticed at the Baseball Park? Its nice to see the Baseball Field received something off that Bond. ;D

Guest patriot117

And coaches wonder why athletes "specialize." I've been through football offseasons (years ago) and I cannot imagine having to perform at a Varsity level in another sport after some of those days.

Crazy.

Guest gladiator2

Dog and Ruff, both of you have shown your ignorance with your post. I for one will never complain about the kid's getting worked too hard because I believe it takes hard work to get where you want to go. Another thing I'm behind Faircloth and PNG 100%. I don't believe anything was ever said about PNG was out-working Nederland even though a lot of the Nederland kid's were shocked when they heard about some of the workouts. Neumann has not turned the Nederland program around by letting his player's do nothing. Ya'lls true intelligence shows when a post says something about it being the right time in the schedule for some of the injuries that PNG has to a few player's turns into PNG vs Ned, our workouts are better than yours, Burnett vs. Faircloth. Some people are just too funny and ate up with the dumb---.

What a zero! Don't read nothing that isn't there. We are very happy with Faircloth and what he is doing.

Unbelievable....

Come on man.   ???

What a zero! Don't read nothing that isn't there. We are very happy with Faircloth and what he is doing.

Guest patriot117

Just a piece of information for ya'll.  Coach Faircloth is wanting all football players to be at least a two sport athlete.  So the idea that he is only concerned with football doesn't hold up.  Seems he's more concerned with having athletes who are in great condition for whatever sport they play.

Then let them give their 2nd sport the type of dedication it deserves also. It has nothing to do with being in great condition. It has everything to do with learning a new system and/or repitition in an established system. Do not kid yourself.

Nederland has been doing this for years so get used to it. This is what happens when you bring in a out-of-towner Coach that the School Board doesn't control. Football is #1, everything else is just gravy. How about some Camp Fun to go with your vigorous workouts? Please do not respond with "Whats Camp Fun?" You will show your ignorance. Guaranteed P.N.G. is not working any harder on Football than Nederland is, but if it makes you feel better you can think that.

I don't think Nederland is the role model to follow here if trying to win baseball games.  I think we have won about one playoff game in the last seven years.  Three or four of those years we did not even go to the playoffs.

Just a piece of information for ya'll.  Coach Faircloth is wanting all football players to be at least a two sport athlete.  So the idea that he is only concerned with football doesn't hold up.  Seems he's more concerned with having athletes who are in great condition for whatever sport they play.

Then let them give their 2nd sport the type of dedication it deserves also. It has nothing to do with being in great condition. It has everything to do with learning a new system and/or repitition in an established system. Do not kid yourself.

Exactly. Training for baseball and football ( conditioning and weight-training wise ) are two different animals.

Guest patriot117

Exactly. Training for baseball and football ( conditioning and weight-training wise ) are two different animals.

We have a winner!

We have a winner!

;) ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298