21-3A for 09-10 yr

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Perk had 25 pts and 12 boards, Bosh had 21 and 9. Bosh was the HELP on Perks doube teams... Real domination.... ::).....Again...HJ will NEVER have a phenom or even a pro....Live with it.

Actually Perk 20 and 14 and a 20 point loss!!!! ;) ;)

Not very many, but HJ will not have any, thats for certain....Ozen would have 10 more before HJ had any! 10! 8).....Phenom? PLEASE.... aint happenin, dude... ::)

Sure they should............they recruit!!!  So they get the what they think are the best kids around.  Although things are about to change in the Pear Orchard!!!!!  I predict someone other than Ozen winning district this year or at least a share of the title.

Always gotta throw in the "how would they do against your little team"!!!  What a coward!!!!!  You know that Ozen and Perk had it handed to them by Bosh and Co.!!!  Deal with it and that is a fact!!!!!

Enjoy life in the big city..............while you can!!!

Making those kind of comparisons is assinine. Just because Dallas Lincoln beat Ozen by 20, does not mean they would beat HJ by 60. But, even if so, it doesn't matter to the FACT that Ozen got whooped by Lincoln. It's only speculation between Lincoln and HJ, not FACT.

I can promise you that the Dallas Lincoln team that beat us would blow out any Silsbee or HJ team by a MUCH larger margin....WE BLEW the doors off of Silsbee both times that year in case you forgot...And of course somehow we never had a chance to face HJ  ::) but it would have been the same beating (or worse) that we delivered to Silsbee....

bullets: Perk was on every recruiting radar there was since he was a 10th grader...JUST as Lebron was....are you kidding?

because he was enormous.  it wasn't because he was an incredible basketball player.  he wouldn't have been so much as a blip on that radar had he been 6'6''.  i'm not saying he's not talented, and i'm not saying his numbers weren't impressive.  what i am saying is that if i was 6-10 and a jr/sr in high school, was probably 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier than 9 out of 10 centers that i played against, it would be difficult NOT to average 25 pts and 16 rebounds a game.  Again, i'm not trying to disrespect perk at all, he was a great HS player, and he's worked himself into being a serviceable pro, but phenom does not at all come to mind.  to me phenom has much more to do with talent than with being a spectacularly large physical specimen.  

I am sure that the WORLD would agree that HJ nor Silsbee would have fared better than Ozen against that 2002 Dallas Lincoln team....Thats just common sense.

I never said that HJ would fare better than Ozen did against Dallas Lincoln. I just said it's speculation at best saying they would lose by 60.

Again, why bring Silsbee into this conversation?

He was a HS phenom because he was one of the most sought after players in the country...Ever hear of a guy named Adrian Taylor? Of course not because he was a 7'0 player out of Houston Washington...He was not on the radar, because he was not SKILLED! How about Shangari Alleyne? Played against us from Rice HS (NY) in the academy tournament...He was 7'3....NOT SKILLED....Please give Kendrick credit for what he was in high school unlike the rest of these SE Texas Haters on this site....He was a Phenom...No other way around it.

There you go with lumping Southeast Texas. I am from Southeast Texas and still live here obviously. You haven't seen comments from me hating on Perkins.

again, i'm not trying to hate on him.  i just think Dickie is overrating him.  he was a great player, but seeing as all of SETX basketball is so weak with the exception of the great and mighty Ozen, he inflated his numbers his whole career against weak, physically inferior competition.  he was coveted much more for his size than his skill.  sure, he could play, but just because he had some skill while a couple of other big guys from the houston area tripped over their own feet everytime they walked does not make him a phenom.  also, lumping him into the same categorie as lebron james ruins your credibility on this one a bit, dickie, as does your obvious (and completely understandable) predjudice when it comes to kendrick.  lebron was a phenom.  he was drafted 26 spots ahead of kendrick, and was an instant all-star, averaging 21 pts/6 rebs/ 5 assists as a 19-year-old in his first full season.   now THAT's a phenom. perkins went for 2.2 pts and 1.4 rebs in only 10 games his rookie season.  while i like what perkins does for the celtics, and would love to have him play for my favorite team, he's never been a phenom.   his career year last year (in his 6th season as a pro) of 8.5 pts, 8.1 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks a game is far from phenomenal.  

with all due respect, Perkins wasn't a phenom.  he was simply... tall and thick.  

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  He was 7 foot and that is why he was being recruited.  We shall see if Perk is in the starting lineup come November 1st!!!!!  If he does start his numbers will be down in all catagories with the addition of Wallace and KG coming back.

Guest spinks

Does anyone have a copy of that sincere post dickie v gave about giving up this forumn and moving on?????  This is so funny to see him inching back to his old self!!!!

Guest stevenash

The REAL Phenoms are 2 to 3 years away and will be coming from HF is Dove can get them to get rid of universal off season.

i have to side with DV on this one. yes when perk was coming out of high school and after his first couple of years i really didn't think he was going to make it in the pro's, but he has defiantly proved me wrong, he has really worked on his game and his body i would say that give perk 3 or 4 more years and he will be in the top 5 centers in the NBA if he works on his free throws and his footwork down low

Guest spinks

God the belief you have in yourself will get in your way.  There is a little thing called reality and you need to figure out what that is.  You are not right all the time.  And you act like you know that wallace is gonna come off the bench next year.  We should believe you about the celtics.  Yeah!!!! ::)  I guess there is NO WAY they could start Rondo, Allen, Peirce, Wallace, Garnett.............that would be horrible.  I want Perk to start and think it would be better if they had wallace come off the bench but you act like you are in the locker room and in the know!!!!!!  Just please don't act like you know everything because you don't!

Guest stevenash

Dicky will prove you wrong.  He will go to Boston and bring back autographed jerseys and the personal endorsement of "Mack" Scalabrini.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami