Coach Pitching advice!!!

OK..........let me restate it then.

That dump has 3 State Championships hanging in it!!!!!!  Not including girls hoops, golf, etc. ;D ;D ;D

Again, nobody is talking about the quality of play in these facilities.

You can spin it like you want, but like you said, a dumps a dump. ;D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?????

It is big enough.  You act like the Patriots are coming to town.   :D :D

No it wasn't. Silsbee had the visitors stands filled 45 minutes before kickoff. HJ officials then opened up the home side for the overflow of Tiger fans to sit. Me and my family had to sit on the HJ side. I'm telling you, the home side was pretty evenly split with Silsbee and HJ fans for that game. It was in '04, non district game. It was the same in '06 district game.

I think what Lazeek meant was, when a Host of a Tournament has horrible field conditions, no Restrooms, and no running water, people tend to look down on the place. I agree 100% with the fact that the PA Board Members were GREAT!

OK, dumps are dumps, but you guys say one thing about something and one thing about another. Until the state fair moved to ford  park  they had portable toilets. Mardi gras setx has portable toilets. Nerderland heritage festival has portable toilets,so  tell me what is this really about. I've been to the indoor restrooms @ sour lake,vidor, groves and orange, and the fact is they don't stand up to our portable restroom,they're just plane nasty. So you see "your" perfect world restrooms don't exist, o yes their is running water @P.A.PONY fields where did that come from. You guys crack me up any way go PEE and POOP before you get to P.A. in may. I wouldn't want you to get that blue ring on your butts. yours truly THE GOAT. One more thing we will be playing baseball that day so please have your teams ready to play, and make sure they're "portable" pottie trained!!!!!!!! ;D ;):) 8) 

Listen GOAT the rain was the cause of 90% of the issues.  My main complaint is the pitchers mound.  It was atrocious last year.  It looked as if a dump truck backed onto the field and dumped about 20 yards of sand and then you just let the grass try to grow over it.  The rubber was just sitting on top of the mound instead of being installed properly and during the Directors tourney two different balls hit the edge of the mound and kicked almost off of the field itself.  If it were not for the mound and the bathroom situation I would have no complaints.  I agree that the bathrooms at TC are not that great either, but still are better than going to the john in the middle of the parking lot.  I repeat what I said earlier...............you guys were class acts and ran a great couple of tournaments last season.  I know that the other communities as well as TC are anxious to get back to receive your hospitality!!!!!!  Hopefully this season there will be no rain though!!!!!!!

Congrats....

I am assistanting this year but with the same basic group of coaches plus a couple. 

Our Fun Day is Saturday.  We only had 3 returners from last year. 

I think I would be best not to opine on how we look until we start playing games...Still hoping for the best at this point.

daddy 23 has the team to beat! Every year he can take any group of kids and lead them to first place.

He likes to not say much ,and then on game day he can bring the hammer down on you!!..lol...don't let him fool you  he IS the team to beat!!!! ;D :D

Sorry I missed this last week, but it made me laugh....and then we quickly changed the combination to security gate at the Hitting Camp...

Lazeek, we made the championship game on Fun Day but it was not nearly as close as we would have liked it to be.  They have an awesome team.  And we did not have to play two of the best teams in the league (as they were in the other pool) and one of the teams that we beat was a 9-8 thriller that literally came down to the last play (the game was tied after every inning prior to the 5th). 

We are good..I am pleased with how our infield played, but we still need to work on our hitting from top to bottom.  There is still time to get better before we see you in the Tournament at Port Arthur (and I never said it was a dump). 

Hahahaha!!!!!  THEGOAT and I have reconciled our differences and we have offered some of TC's finest to go and help get the field ready!!!!!

We won our first game of the tournament 8-0 and lost in the Championship 10-4 and it was not that close.  The Storm are very good.  We have played two regular season games and won 14-5 and 14-3.  We have yet to really hit the ball good!!!!  Fielding has been really good for our team.  Our infield consist of 6 kids that played All-Stars last year either in Shetland or Pinto.  Outfield leaves a little bit to be desired!!! 

Who is your head coach???  Clint???

Yes...we are the only 2 from last year that are together this year in Pinto.  But we (espiecially him) are still involved in the Shetland team as well.  We all practice together which is fun but a little bit overwhelming.  It works out nicely as Clint has a boy on each team.

Congrats on your strong start but how do you end up with 6 All-Stars on one league team?  How many league teams do you have?  We have 8 this year in Vidor.

We have 5 teams.

We have two kids that made the Pinto "B" All Star team last year, two kids (My son and last years Shetland "A" Team All Star coaches son) who made the Shetland "A" All Star team and two kids who made the Shetland "B" All Star team.

We got beat pretty good by The Storm.  We have three pretty good teams and then two that will battle it out for 4th and 5th.  I think the Storm is our league's best team.  We play the Rockhounds on Thursday so I will have an opinion on them then.  We have beaten the two teams so far that will battle it out for 4th and 5th. ;D ;D ;D

Glad ya'll are having fun...It will be fun to see everyone again for the Director's Tournament at least.  I don't know how much I will be around for All-Stars.  Lots of season left, but it is hard for a 7 yr old to make a Big Impact in Pinto...we will see.

We lost to the Storm last night officially 7-3 but they scored 5 more in the bottom of the last inning when we moved some kids around. We played better than i thought we would. We just have too many that haven't played before. We got a few kids that will hit and we have a couple I'm not sure will hit at all. The rest are pardon the pun "hit or miss". Our catcher is coming around, he swung the bat well last night. Just missed one, but popped it up about a mile. 1B hit the ball hard last night too.

Then TC is doomed in Pinto because they only have about 4-5 good 8 year olds and then it is the 7 year olds!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not what I meant.  I am sure that you will be fine and very competitive come All-Stars.  Look at how good your Shetland All-Stars were last year (espiecaially at the top of the lineup). 

I would say it is hardest for 4 and 5 yr olds to outplay 6 yr olds in Shetland.  It gets easier for 7 yr olds to outshine 8 yr olds in Pinto.  However, Mustang would seem to be where the baseball talent rises to the top regardless of Age and pure athleticism.  However, just my opinion.

Orange should also be strong in Pinto this year.  Their All-Star team was very young last year.  I really don't know enough about the Groves and Pt Arthur leagues.  However, Vidor has plenty of returners from last year and has plenty of talent to pick over to add to the team as well.  It should be a great competition again this year.

Keep winning Lazeek....we don't get to start until Thursday.

No I know what you meant!!!! :D :D

We will be very young in All-Stars in Pinto this season.  It is too early to tell who will make it for sure but you can already begin to see who you think it will be.  I honestly feel that at least 3-5 kids off of the Shetland team will make it this season for the Pinto team.  Hopefully my son will make the "A" team if nothing else for experience.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476