What do you think of the "stall" on offense  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the "stall" on offense

• Should be banned
    • Just another offense
    • Should be used only when scared
    • No opinion

Guest aschrapps

The stall is an important aspect in high school basketball for several reasons. If your team isn't very deep its a good way for your players to get some rest without wasting a timeout. It's also good if one of your key players is in foul trouble you can shorten the game and therefore limit him from picking up a cheap foul. Also if your clear advantage is when a team plays you man to man why not make them come out of their zone and play you man to man by stalling?

also when you are less talented or you limit the number of scoring oppurtunities by the opposing team.  Late in the game I can see holding the ball at half court.  Not with 3 plus minutes in the first half, and you are considered an elite team.  I have never seen the better of two teams stall in this situation.  Thats where this post came from.  Weaker teams use this to slow the game down.

Guest spinks

My thought on the stall is that if it is a true stall(by that I mean stalling while being actively defended) than I think it is one of the toughest things to do in basketball.  Now if it is one guy standing at half court with the ball on his belly and the other team scratching themselves...............well I hate that!!!!!!!

Guest stevenash

My thought on the stall is that if it is a true stall(by that I mean stalling while being actively defended) than I think it is one of the toughest things to do in basketball.  Now if it is one guy standing at half court with the ball on his belly and the other team scratching themselves...............well I hate that!!!!!!!

Typical hick opinion with no worldliness to it.

All it's doing is spreading out the defense in hopes of getting layups only. Used properly it is actually a great offensive weapon as the losing team can't just pack in a zone hoping the winning team will shoot themselves out of the game. 

Used wrong it can backfire as it may get you out of an offensive rhythm.

Ex: One year we were beating a team we had no business beating at half by 8pts. They came out like gangbusters and erased that lead in a few minutes due to a shooting streak and we couldn't hit(and I'm sure they had their butts chewed pretty good!!). As soon as the other team got up by 1pt they went to a spread. We let them hold it until 1:30 left in the game. We had 3 shots to win, two which rimmed out, and lost by 3 after fouling with just a few seconds remaining. That team risked losing to an "overmatched" team by "stalling" it with a one possession lead.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder