Jasper vs. Waco La Vega Wed. 7:30 @ Huntsville High School

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash

the court is great and the goals are good..hopefully jasper wins.. but no matter who wins neither wants  to face the tigers of silsbee... good luck

I have a hunch that many are taking the Bulldogs too lightly.  Haven't seen them play this year but know about Bailey and Spikes.  How about depth and heighth?

Guest stevenash

Silsbee isn't taking them lightly because they played them right before christmas break and beat them by 44 at their place too.

Thats too long ago to be relevant.  A few years ago, I watched at team get hammered by HJ by over 30 points.  During that season, HJ lost to Kountze twice and that same team that was hammered by Hj beat Kountze by double digits in a playoff warm up game.

Guest stevenash

That a whole different story because you are talking about three team and I'm only talking about two teams.

Two teams or three teams does not matter because the point of the comment was that the losing team changed substantially by the time the playoffs came around.  I would be willing to bet that if Jasper gets far enough to play Silsbee, it will be a much different game and the final score would not be a 40 point win for Silsbee.

Guest stevenash

You are lookin gat it wrong. I never said Silsbee was going to beat them by 40 again. I just said that Silsbee wasn't going to overlook them and the game still to me won't be close though.

Not sure what "gat it" means, but ok.

You are lookin gat it wrong. I never said Silsbee was going to beat them by 40 again. I just said that Silsbee wasn't going to overlook them and the game still to me won't be close though.

Not sure what "gat it" means, but ok.

its looks like he just got his g and space in the wrong spots it doesnt take a genius to figure that out

looking at

make sense now

the court is great and the goals are good..hopefully jasper wins.. but no matter who wins neither wants  to face the tigers of silsbee... good luck

I have a hunch that many are taking the Bulldogs too lightly.  Haven't seen them play this year but know about Bailey and Spikes.  How about depth and heighth?

The thread shouldn't have anything to do with Silsbee. 

Somebody give us some info. on WLV.

Thanks because as a Jasper fan we are looking forward to one game at a time

Thanks because as a Jasper fan we are looking forward to one game at a time

Absolutely.  Jasper is looking at one game at a time and so far it has worked quite well for them.  Silsbee is the least of Jasper's concerns right now.  

Don't have any info on WLV.  Jasper has plenty depth and quickness, but little height.

Wondered where you have been Hup!

This is all I could find on La Vega. It's not even a complete schedule, some games are missing. The Waco Tribune has a couple of articles on some games but no team stats or roster for La Vega. This schedule came from Maxpreps and it's all they have. No stats or roster.

11/24/08 After JV @ Yoe (Cameron, TX)  56-54 (W)  

12/02/08 8:00 PM @ Hillsboro (Hillsboro, TX)  Report Score

12/04/08 TBA vs. Glen Rose (Glen Rose, TX) **  52-67 (L) 

12/06/08 TBA @ Itasca (Itasca, TX) (Grandview Tournament) **  60-65 (L) 

12/09/08 8:00 PM vs. Glen Rose (Glen Rose, TX)  57-48 (W) 

12/13/08 9:00 AM @ Whitney (Whitney, TX) (Kolache Classic) **  90-35 (W) 

12/16/08 TBA @ Midway (Waco, TX)  32-78 (L) 

12/19/08 TBA @ Liberty Hill (Liberty Hill, TX)  52-71 (L) 

12/29/08 10:00 AM @ Pflugerville (Pflugerville, TX) (midway isd) **  53-63 (L) 

12/30/08 2:00 PM @ Crockett (Crockett, TX) (M.T. Rice ) **  58-57 (W) 

1/02/09 3:00 PM @ Hearne (Hearne, TX) (Hearne)  71-60 (W) 

1/06/09 7:30 PM vs. West (West, TX)  65-34 (W) 

1/16/09 After JV vs. Robinson (Robinson, TX) *  Report Score

1/23/09 7:30 PM vs. Lorena (Lorena, TX) *  60-48 (W) 

1/27/09 After JV @ Mexia (Mexia, TX) *  52-59 (L) 

1/30/09 5:00 PM vs. Connally (Waco, TX) *  44-45 (L) 

2/03/09 After JV @ Robinson (Robinson, TX) *  Report Score

2/10/09 7:30 PM @ Lorena (Lorena, TX) *  55-47 2OT (L)

2/13/09 After JV vs. Mexia (Mexia, TX) *  63-54 (W) 

2/17/09 5:00 PM @ Connally (Waco, TX) *  43-37 (W) 

2/27/09 TBA @ Tatum (Tatum, TX) (TBA) ***  60-54 (W) 

I put some scores in bold to reflect some significant games. La Vega beat Cameron by 2, a team that Silsbee just dismantled in the Area round by 22. They have also lost to and have beaten Glen Rose who is still in the 3A playoffs. Liberty Hill beat them by 19, they are still in the playoffs. La Vega defeated Crockett and 2A Hearne, both playoff teams. The most significant win would be their 12 point win over Lorena, a team that Jasper just ousted from the playoffs, 72-63. La Vega did lose to Lorena the second time around in district, 55-47 in 2OT.

This is all I could find on La Vega. It's not even a complete schedule, some games are missing. The Waco Tribune has a couple of articles on some games but no team stats or roster for La Vega. This schedule came from Maxpreps and it's all they have. No stats or roster.

11/24/08 After JV @ Yoe (Cameron, TX)  56-54 (W)  

12/02/08 8:00 PM @ Hillsboro (Hillsboro, TX)  Report Score

12/04/08 TBA vs. Glen Rose (Glen Rose, TX) **  52-67 (L) 

12/06/08 TBA @ Itasca (Itasca, TX) (Grandview Tournament) **  60-65 (L) 

12/09/08 8:00 PM vs. Glen Rose (Glen Rose, TX)  57-48 (W) 

12/13/08 9:00 AM @ Whitney (Whitney, TX) (Kolache Classic) **  90-35 (W) 

12/16/08 TBA @ Midway (Waco, TX)  32-78 (L) 

12/19/08 TBA @ Liberty Hill (Liberty Hill, TX)  52-71 (L) 

12/29/08 10:00 AM @ Pflugerville (Pflugerville, TX) (midway isd) **  53-63 (L) 

12/30/08 2:00 PM @ Crockett (Crockett, TX) (M.T. Rice ) **  58-57 (W) 

1/02/09 3:00 PM @ Hearne (Hearne, TX) (Hearne)  71-60 (W) 

1/06/09 7:30 PM vs. West (West, TX)  65-34 (W) 

1/16/09 After JV vs. Robinson (Robinson, TX) *  Report Score

1/23/09 7:30 PM vs. Lorena (Lorena, TX) *  60-48 (W) 

1/27/09 After JV @ Mexia (Mexia, TX) *  52-59 (L) 

1/30/09 5:00 PM vs. Connally (Waco, TX) *  44-45 (L) 

2/03/09 After JV @ Robinson (Robinson, TX) *  Report Score

2/10/09 7:30 PM @ Lorena (Lorena, TX) *  55-47 2OT (L)

2/13/09 After JV vs. Mexia (Mexia, TX) *  63-54 (W) 

2/17/09 5:00 PM @ Connally (Waco, TX) *  43-37 (W) 

2/27/09 TBA @ Tatum (Tatum, TX) (TBA) ***  60-54 (W) 

I put some scores in bold to reflect some significant games. La Vega beat Cameron by 2, a team that Silsbee just dismantled in the Area round by 22. They have also lost to and have beaten Glen Rose who is still in the 3A playoffs. Liberty Hill beat them by 19, they are still in the playoffs. La Vega defeated Crockett and 2A Hearne, both playoff teams. The most significant win would be their 12 point win over Lorena, a team that Jasper just ousted from the playoffs, 72-63. La Vega did lose to Lorena the second time around in district, 55-47 in 2OT.

Appears to be a team Jasper has a shot against then.

Guest Pissedoffgranny23

Yea they will this game be unstopable...but they better get all that out their system cuz silsbee will shut them 2 down jus like last time

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder