4A No. 2 Yates 98, Texas City 57 - F

Actually attended this game. Folks, Houston YATES is the real deal. They start 5 juniors, that all hustle, play aggressive and could shoot the lights out. The team's main man is #23 Brandon Peters; he's a human highlight reel. He had approx. 4 spectacular dunks in this game. They trap after ever play, defensively, (i.e. missed shots off rebs, and inbounds plays) sometimes with 3 players. They are very quick, atheletic, and hustle. As you can tell I'm impressed, and do also believe that they WILL be state Champs in class 4a this year.

P.S. They also have a strong bench.

Guest DickVitale

Where is the Jones vs. Washington game being played? Will it be a double header with Yates vs. Wheatley?

Jones is playing Washington on Wednesday at Delmar Stadium @ 7pm. Yates and Wheatley will be at Barnett Stadium also Wednesday @ 7pm....

Where is the Jones vs. Washington game being played? Will it be a double header with Yates vs. Wheatley?

Jones is playing Washington on Wednesday at Delmar Stadium @ 7pm. Yates and Wheatley will be at Barnett Stadium also Wednesday @ 7pm....

The Ozen bus makes it as far as 1-10 and 59, breaks down for seasonal repairs :D

Guest DickVitale

looking forward to seeing yates

Better see them soon because historically they choke around crunch time.

I KNOW this group is different...They are rolling right now! They will beat Wheatley on Wednesday night...probably by a lot, too!

I KNOW this group is different...They are rolling right now! They will beat Wheatley on Wednesday night...probably by a lot, too!

I certainly hope your family isn't reading this forum from back home Dickie. Where is the love for Wheatley ???

Guest DickVitale

I certainly hope your family isn't reading this forum from back home Dickie. Where is the love for Wheatley ???

Yes, my father and uncles ALL played for Wheatley  ::)....I played at MADISON!!! :D..They can't be mad at me for telling the truth!!!! ;D You know....I was asked that same exact question at Wheatley's playoff game last Tuesday night with my dad sitting right beside me!!

Guest DickVitale

Didn't your dad coach at Yates Dickey?

He coached at MADISON!!!! We just beat used to BEAT Yates EVERY time we played them! ;)

Guest DickVitale

Does Yates have a strong bench this year?

Uh....yeah..They are about 10 deep that can realy play, and about 2 or 3 more that are FRESHMEN and SOPHMORES, that sparringly contribute....They DO have ONE weakness...They dont have a TRUE big..There starter is 6'7, but he is very raw and does not block shots like Anthony Jones did for them last year...If they come up against a team that can break the press, handle the pressure, AND have quality bigs, they could be challenged....Don't see that...Ozen/Huntsville winner may have a shot...MAYBE.

Guest aschrapps

i dont think many teams out there can handle the yates press. its like the old arkansas 40 minutes of hell. i think this is a different yates team this year. a large portion of their team has played for the houston hoops aau organization and are used to playing with the spotlight on them and in big games

i dont think many teams out there can handle the yates press. its like the old arkansas 40 minutes of heck. i think this is a different yates team this year. a large portion of their team has played for the houston hoops aau organization and are used to playing with the spotlight on them and in big games

Not too loud, Dickie V doesn't believe in playing AAU 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder