West Brook...What's wrong?

Sometimes you just don't have the talent. I've read a little on this on the other board. A good coach can only take you so far. If the young folks don't develop a love for the game out on the playgrounds, and that's where it usually starts, then there isn't much a coach can do. Also, BISD seems to have slanted the playing field in Ozen's favor. It is as if they are saying 'instead of having several average teams, lets set it up so that the city has at least 1 team, Ozen, that is of championship caliber. If that is the case, the other schools don't have much of a chance.

DB

I agree that the talent is not there, but as a coach you have to make the best of what you have. I believe the blame is equally shared between the coach and the team. I look at there team now and laugh. Our 3rd string team when I played would shame these guys. I dont think these guys even respect or know the tradition they are following. Sometimes I wish they would just look up and see those banners that hang in our gym with those records of the past teams....

As for as the coaching standpoint, Coach Simon is out of his league. If he had a very talented team that he would not have to coach, he would be alright. Some of the moves he has made this year is crazy and stupid. Can someone explain to me why he moved up two Freshman??? Not sophomores, not juniors but freshman!!!!! Is Coach Simon trying to tell us that the current players on his team cant cut it?? Is he trying to tell us that the guys on the JV and Soph teams are not ready for varsity, but two 9th graders are?? The funny thing about this move is that they are still losing!!! What did he think two freshman could do??? I could see if he moved them in the beginning of the season, but now?? As a member of that team, I would be embarrassed. Coach Simon has no discipline nor does his team.....

Whine, whine, whine. BTW, Central and Ozen are both winning with Ozen having the better coach IMO. Where was all this whining when WB had 2/3rds of all the kids in BISD??? Let's go back even futher when there was 6 HS and only 2 winning all the time(C-P and Hebert). WB has 1100 more kids than in the Pear or in Old Town still y'all still blame Ozen of recruiting. Damn I think I said this all before during football season.....

Whine??? By the way, WB does not have a winning record there 3-8.....

Futhermore, I could care less about Ozen recruiting. I too believe that they have a better coach. Even so, I would not send my child to Ozen anyway. Have you checked out there academics??? The purpose of this whole post is about Coach Simon not being the right person for the WB job. Its just time for a change. The basketball program needs to be turned in a different direction. It needs new life..........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder