Odessa Permian Offseason-Video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is the hidden content, please

www.oaoa.com/articles/spread_2861_oavarsity__article.ht - [Cached Version]

Published on: 11/14/2008    Last Visited: 11/14/2008   

For a guy who holds a high-profile, high-pressure position as Permian's offensive coordinator, Brandon Faircloth is a pretty laid-back guy.

Smiles a lot.

Faircloth isn't one of those disciples.

"We're a multiple formation, two-back team," Faircloth said.

"A spread offense wants the defense to line up, stay there and they call the play based on the defense," Faircloth said.

By the time the Panthers snap the ball, Faircloth hopes the defenders have so many things to consider that their heads are spinning.

Faircloth wants to play against a defense in chaos.

"We want to give the defense as many formations to look at as possible," Faircloth said.

"We will have 15 run schemes per week," Faircloth said.

"That's part of our game plan," Faircloth said.

Last week Midland High kept rolling both safeties to Permian's twin receivers - two wideouts on the same side of the formation - so Faircloth reached into the playbook and pulled out a play the Panthers used during the postseason last year.

Panthers quarterback Trevor Adams hit tight end Shai Biggerstaff for a 50-yard gain on the play early in the third quarter.

Just don't tell Faircloth how much you like his spread offense.

I truly think Faircloth is our guy, and if for some crazy reason he turns out to not be the right fit, I think you have to look towards Griffin & Mcangus.

I read on another post that Garrett just up and left a post mid season.....something about that just doesn't sit well. Just my opinion.

That's a good video but I don't see those workouts as anything out of the ordinary...I would suspect that PNG's kids and many others have participated in off season programs that were at least that strenous...now I did like the indoor facility they had...that was pretty cool.

Guest Brubaker

That can't be, CEAUXCH just got a text from Stump that he got a text from the Supt Secretary saying she would text him back after she gets a text from the members of the hiring committee.... stay tuned!!!

Looked up a few articles from some of the West TX papers...seems he thrives on defenses that attack!! He comes from a group of young offensive minds that all had ties to another football power..Brownwood. Seems they have some great schemes.....something to put the district in a tizzy.....I sure look forward to it!!!

SCALP EM!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder