What Will It Take To Improve Basketball @ Hamshire Fannett?

A cultural change. What I mean by that is, more emphasis at the grade school levels. I just don't see the passion for that sport there in HF. You have to start from the ground up. Otherwise, you may experience a year here and there that you have success, but nothing to really build on.

by grade school do you meen middle school cuz if thats tru the 7th grade team is 7-1 !!!1 they have alot of talent and when these guys move up into high school you will notice a change in hamshire fannett basketball.... thats my opinoin some of the guys on the team live for basketball

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good basketball program starts on the playground.   If the kids don't have a built in love and passion for the game, the HS team is at a big disadvantage.   About the best thing that can be done  is start a little dribblers league.

DB

How is Kountze in Majors this year? You guys usually have a good program out there. Hmmm? Aren't you guys kinda opposite spectrums to HF? Kountze loves basketball and play football as an afterthought :D

I believe HF will be in good shape in a few years. Don't know if we will be the best, but we will definitely be competitive. With a couple of the eighth graders, the talented seventh graders and an athletic bunch of sixth graders, we may be a factor in two or three years. Until then, get your licks in because some day the worm may turn.

I believe HF will be in good shape in a few years. Don't know if we will be the best, but we will definitely be competitive. With a couple of the eighth graders, the talented seventh graders and an athletic bunch of sixth graders, we may be a factor in two or three years. Until then, get your licks in because some day the worm may turn.

Ah Booger, I bet we could be great with our 6th and 7th graders, if we could get some parents to get their kids out of baseball and onto the court.  Hmmm :D

Ah Booger, I bet we could be great with our 6th and 7th graders, if we could get some parents to get their kids out of baseball and onto the court.  Hmmm :D

If Tyler keeps his 3point range, Kendrick can stay under a littl bit of control and Kameron keeps growing - put them with your boys and the rest of the guys and we may have something.

If Tyler keeps his 3point range, Kendrick can stay under a littl bit of control and Kameron keeps growing - put them with your boys and the rest of the guys and we may have something.

They will be our secret weapons for right now. HJ is going down in a few more years.

When the 7th and 8th grade kids get to high school, the football coaches will injure them in off season workouts and they will be sitting the bench for basketball season.....LOL ;D

I didn't think about this. Good points! I have a good friend on the HF school board (hint hint- and u know who u are), maybe I can get him to address this issue in the near future. He's a basketball enthusiast too

They will be our secret weapons for right now. HJ is going down in a few more years.

When our All-Stars are announced Saturday, I think you will get a glimpse of the beginning of a brighter future for HF basketball. I have a feeling that this team might be pretty good.

At 6'2 and 220 lbs, everybody wants a piece of Kam. Right now baseball IS his first choice, but he has three years until high school to decide which sport(s) he will settle on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder