Yao is the best center in the NBA.

king

Guest aschrapps

Garnett is a power forward. Yao is the best center but does not get the ball enough he gets half the touches he should. If the rockets would have traded Mcgrady for billups and wallace when they had the chance and not wasted money on ron ron they would be the best team in the league. Did you hear that? I think Tracy Mcgrady just hurt his finger looks like he is out for three weeks.

yao is overrated. not saying this because im a spurs fan either (rockets are easily my 2nd favorite team) with his size the other team should never get a rebound. hes injury prone and correct me if im wrong but dont the rockets have a better record when hes not in the lineup? how many all nba 1st teams has he been on? he should be an incredible defender too but again another disappointment. he has too many silly fouls. my pick goes to dwight howard...or tim duncan when he moves to the 5.

Guest aschrapps

yao is overrated. not saying this because im a spurs fan either (rockets are easily my 2nd favorite team) with his size the other team should never get a rebound. hes injury prone and correct me if im wrong but dont the rockets have a better record when hes not in the lineup? how many all nba 1st teams has he been on? he should be an incredible defender too but again another disappointment. he has too many silly fouls. my pick goes to dwight howard...or tim duncan when he moves to the 5.

the difference is though that those teams play through howard and duncan the rockets have to cater to mcgrady because hes a big baby if they would have made the trade for billups and wallace like it was rumored they would be unstoppable because the ball would always go through yao.

couldnt agree with you more man. ;)

the difference is though that those teams play through howard and duncan the rockets have to cater to mcgrady because hes a big baby if they would have made the trade for billups and wallace like it was rumored they would be unstoppable because the ball would always go through yao.

if that were to happen they would still be in the same boat they are in now. no difference. when mcgrady is out yao is still over rated. when yaos out the rockets dont have to cater to yao anymore so it opens up their offense and they win more games. maybe you missed this last night but andre igudala (sp?) posterized him and made yao look like a chump. O-VER-RA-TED clap-clap-clapclapclap

Guest aschrapps

last time i checked tracy mcgrady isnt mj and he is the only one to win a championship without a dominant big...Celtics....Garnett Spurs...Duncan Pistons....Wallace and Wallace Heat....ONeal Lakers...Oneal...you need a big man to win in this league and yao is one of the best.

last time i checked tracy mcgrady isnt mj and he is the only one to win a championship without a dominant big...Celtics....Garnett Spurs...Duncan Pistons....Wallace and Wallace Heat....ONeal Lakers...Oneal...you need a big man to win in this league and yao is one of the best.

and when was this so called championship you speak of that mcgrady won...

and when was this so called championship you speak of that mcgrady won...

He was saying MJ won it

u r exactly right dont get me wrong rockets r a good team but they give Yao way to much credit... he is always hurt and he is clumsy.. and they did do alot better when he was on the bench.. im still gonna stick with Howard as the best center... its bad whenever McGrady can get rebounds over a dude that is as tall as Yao.. He also has stupid fouls.. he should be the #1 shot blocker in the NBA but he isnt...

Why should Yao be the number 1 shot blocker?  Because he is tall?  Shot blacking takes alot more than height.  You must be a fast hopper to be a good shotblocker in this league...  I think Yao is the best offensive center in the league... If he was more durable he would come close to eing the best period.  I honestly believe that Yao gets more fouls called on him because of his body movement than actual fouls... I guess it is hard to move 7'6" 320 lbs.  Offensively no center in todays game has more in his arsenal... and the free throw line is childs play for Yao.  I think Howard is the best defensive center in the league...  His offensive game is elementary, an he has trouble scoring against good interior defense. 

You can only choose one of hthe players by need.... If you have a scoring foward then Howard is your man... If you have a defensive forward then Yao is your man!

Why should Yao be the number 1 shot blocker?  Because he is tall?  Shot blacking takes alot more than height.  You must be a fast hopper to be a good shotblocker in this league...  I think Yao is the best offensive center in the league... If he was more durable he would come close to eing the best period.  I honestly believe that Yao gets more fouls called on him because of his body movement than actual fouls... I guess it is hard to move 7'6" 320 lbs.  Offensively no center in todays game has more in his arsenal... and the free throw line is childs play for Yao.  I think Howard is the best defensive center in the league...  His offensive game is elementary, an he has trouble scoring against good interior defense. 

You can only choose one of hthe players by need.... If you have a scoring foward then Howard is your man... If you have a defensive forward then Yao is your man!

dont you think with him being half a foot taller than most big guys he guards that hes got a good enough head start? the fact is with his height he should (in my mind) be blocking ATLEAST 2.5-3 shots a game (your boy yao has 1.6). even if he cant beat the big guys...block the guards and their layups. the fact is hes not as dominant as people put him out to be.

dont you think with him being half a foot taller than most big guys he guards that hes got a good enough head start? the fact is with his height he should (in my mind) be blocking ATLEAST 2.5-3 shots a game (your boy yao has 1.6). even if he cant beat the big guys...block the guards and their layups. the fact is hes not as dominant as people put him out to be.

too slow for guards, all he does is alter shoots!

Guest aschrapps

last time i checked altering shots was very important and do you have any idea how hard it is to block 3 shots a game go check and see how many people have averaged that

last time i checked altering shots was very important and do you have any idea how hard it is to block 3 shots a game go check and see how many people have averaged that

currently only DWIGHT HOWARD...who I have said in previous posts in this thread that is the best center in the league. but answer me this...how many 7'6" guys do you see running around..very few. yao's height is a blessing and he needs to concentrate on rebounds and blocking shots. his points will come. he can sit there all day and rack up garbage buckets no problem.

Guest aschrapps

lets try this again good teams dont have centers that rack up garbage points. they play through their center which means throwing the ball into him and running it through him thats hows you win in the nba so go ahead call for the rockets to play through t mac and see how far they go i bet its a first round exit....and you think 7'6 is a blessing? how many people do you see that height? how many people live a normal life at that height? sean bradley....manute bol they had the same mobility problems as yao and they were a fourth of the player yao is just appreciate him or let the rockets trade their billion dollar industry and see how the rockets do

lets try this again good teams dont have centers that rack up garbage points. they play through their center which means throwing the ball into him and running it through him thats hows you win in the nba so go ahead call for the rockets to play through t mac and see how far they go i bet its a first round exit....and you think 7'6 is a blessing? how many people do you see that height? how many people live a normal life at that height? sean bradley....manute bol they had the same mobility problems as yao and they were a fourth of the player yao is just appreciate him or let the rockets trade their billion dollar industry and see how the rockets do

in case you didnt know....the rockets arent a "good team"...they have the potential to be a "good team" but they settle for an "average" team. ill give them slightly above average. if they played through mcgrady they wouldnt even make the playoffs. unless your name is kobe or lebron you cant expect a team to play through you and make the playoffs.....the lakers and cavs dont even play through them. the rockets have all the right tools, but they cant seem to use them the way they should be used. and yes 7'6" is a blessing. look at the money he makes from it. id gladly be a 9 foot tall mamoth man with mobility problems making gobs of money a year...not to mention the most famous man from china. look at the positives. maybe that will get you somewhere in life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No worries. My thing is this. Trump was badly flawed. We knew it going into 2016. As an incumbent, there really wasn’t much of a chance to nominate a different candidate in 2020. But after all that happened during Trump’s term, the election loss and fiasco that followed, and everything else that he’s been a part of since… we should have chosen a different nominee in 2024. That’s been my point all along, but that’s not what we did. His followers are very vocal and infect all levels of the Republican Party leadership-especially in local counties and precincts. Enough people decided that Trump is the only person who should be considered to be the eventual R candidate that he cruised to the nomination in spite of everything, purely based on the cult of personality, IMO.  All of the signs were there. Trump is in a dead heat with Biden and has been all along, while every other potential R candidate enjoyed double digit leads over Biden. Literally all we had to do is pick someone over Trump and they’d cruise to a win over Biden-but we’d rather lose with Trump than win with someone else.    Names like Gary Hart and John Edwards come to mind. Those guys were Dems with a small fraction of Trump’s baggage, but the party still dumped them and moved on… I can’t understand why the Rs have refused to self-police and choose someone with decency… who would also be able to win the popular vote. We (the Rs) should have made DJT an old memory… but force the Ds and independents to do it for us. 
    • Trump literally ran on locking up hillary... ppl seem to 4get that
    • Currently in a monsoon raining badly here in Lufkin game will start late 
    • I read your posts and agree on some things and disagree with some.  I guess my one question is (in your opinion) who should we vote for?  Third party candidates do not get elected.  Kennedy is only going to dilute votes which will benefit Democrats.  Write-in votes do not win elections and I’m not even sure they are counted in a presidential election.  Many people get on and express views and tell us what is wrong with X, but never give the answer for Y.  I am extremely sarcastic and passive-aggressive, but genuinely hope this post doesn’t come across that way.  Trump has my vote until someone persuades me otherwise (and I’m a Never Biden).  Had another R been nominated they would have had my vote.
  • Topics